Adebayor *NOT* going to the AFCON

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'talking' about it now on TalkSport* (yes i know its rubbish).

so we've all thats gone on this weekend this is a bone of contention, bizarre.

We need him. If JD is injured we'll be as toothless as Liverpool for that whole tournament, which could derail us like a mofo. I hope he's thinking about the fact that this will help him get match time here during a difficult run of games.

He's thinking about the money isn't he.

I'll confess I've got an agenda against Adebayor and everything he does I'll make the worst out of it. I've just never liked the man and never will.

Which is far for an ex-Woolwich player. But I'm with Ep here, this is an entirely fair thing to do. Imagine your boss was holding back your wages and just pocketing it.
Also, considering all the charitable work he does with his football pay, it seems doubly fair for him to strike.

All that said, I imagine they'll sort this out before the tournament.

Not sure if it was mentioned on here, didn't see it, but it's not just about his own money from some things I've read. It has to do with the whole team not getting paid. It's not just Ade's own interests he's concerned with, but it's the whole team. He's arguably the most successful/well known Togolese player and is the captain so he is trying to do something for all of his team mates.

Back
Top Bottom