Adebayor and team mentality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His lack of goals is frustrating but he is what we've missed since Berbatov left in terms of holding the ball up and bringing others into play. We knew before he arrived that he wasn't the most clinical striker in the world but he has definitely improved us.

I was looking for that thread and couldn't find it!

Thelonious said:
His lack of goals is frustrating but he is what we've missed since Berbatov left in terms of holding the ball up and bringing others into play. We knew before he arrived that he wasn't the most clinical striker in the world but he has definitely improved us.

He should of had 3 more goals incorrectly ruled out for offside.

9 league goals in 19(?) games? Its the closest to 1 in 2 we've had for a while.

Thelonious said:

And to think that Case even went to the trouble of having a decent seach function as well.

:vdv:

He is far preferable to what we've had before. But he's not worth £200K a week. Even by current standards.

As I said, 'should score more for the positions he gets into'. Does all the hard work, lacks that final composure sometimes.

But I do appreciate the hard work, it does gel the team better and gets the best out of both vdv and defoe for me.

:ade:

YidoBuckler said:
Thelonious said:

He should of had 3 more goals incorrectly ruled out for offside.

9 league goals in 19(?) games? Its the closest to 1 in 2 we've had for a while.
tbf, considering Defoe has been teaching him the changes to the offside rule, it was more surprising that he was actually onside.

But your point is valid, to an extent.

:defoe2:

his movement opens up gaps which we exploit, and he chases and hustles defenders constantly, how many hurried wayward hoofs out of defence have we picked up and launched attacks from, because he put defender under pressure ? fair amount i reckon.

I've noticed he's started favouring the left channel to make his runs in recent games, possibly because of Bale's wandering inside. On the one hand I think that shows an intelligent footballer who has identified a way to make sure the right back can't shuffle over to the middle and opens space for Van der Vaart and Bale in the centre. On the other hand when we cross it Adebayor is fighting to get into the box and isn't set to take chances.

I much prefer a Happy 'smiley' goal celebrations, even if it's a little 'choreographed'!

Regardless of the team 'doing it', at least they look pleased about achieving every schoolboys' dream and scoring a goal in a professional match!

...and SO much better than angry clenched-fisted celebrations! (unless you've just scored against The arse, in which case, FUCKIN' 'AVE IT!)

Back
Top Bottom