Adebayor and team mentality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Few years ago when Adebayor was at Woolwich he used to do little dances on the touchline with a team-mate when they scored. I fucking HATED this, I thought it was pathetic and was basically them "rubbing it in". I guess I just saw it as standard Woolwich smugness. I would claim that you would never see a spurs player doing that sort of shit.

Low and behold and we have Adebayor and Bale doing it this season. But what I am noticing is the Joy on Bales face when they are doing it. It makes me think about the impact Adebayor has had in the dressing room. We all know Scotty has added some steel and passion but has Adebayor maybe added some fun?

Thinking about the fact this is these boys jobs and that I know I work much better when there is a Jovial atmosphere. I think having him around (and getting rid of miserable sods like Jenas and Hutton) could be helping our form.

Thoughts?

I fucking love goal celebrations. I think time should be put aside, perhaps a Tuesday every week to work on new ones. I want the entire team to join in, some sort of River dance shizzle in front of the Park Lane.

Go full on or go home I say.

I massively hated it when scum players done that. I thought they were arogant as fuck.

I suppose other teams may think the same when Ade does it for us but we dont really care do we?

Ade has had the impact we all hoped he would but I'm contasntly being reminded he has started well wherever he has been and he will eventually cause problems....

I'd fucking love it if they all ran out of the stadium on to the High Road after scoring! It's gonna happen!! It has to!

I always thought it would be funny if someone ran over to the oppo bench and did a DX crotch chop type celebration, flicked them the V's or just went fully X-Rated and got their cock out in front of the away fans. Wonder what sort of punishment they'd get for that last one.

Still think Adebayors when playing for Citeh was the best I have seen. If people give it they have to be prepared to take it, seeing those Arse fans going mental was hilarious.

He has definitely added something to the spirit of the team, but I think the team has probably bought out his own feel good factor as well.

He really needs a song, after all he did kick Van Persie in the head, something most Spurs fans want to do.

Magi-Haroun415x275.jpg

drwinston001 said:
I always thought it would be funny if someone ran over to the oppo bench and did a DX crotch chop type celebration, flicked them the V's or just went fully X-Rated and got their cock out in front of the away fans. Wonder what sort of punishment they'd get for that last one.

You're an interesting character, Winston. You negative rep me for celebrating the stomp in the RVP thread and then say something like this. Can't figure you out brah :sandro:

I don't know why the "he stamped on the rapist and slid on the floor" song doesn't get very widespread when someone starts singing it.

Crabspur said:
Few years ago when Adebayor was at a***nal he used to do little dances on the touchline with a team-mate when they scored. quote]

This is the only problem I have with the dancing, I get flashbacks of him doing the same dance with Henry and it reminds me how much i hated them both. To be fair Gareth Bale is a lot less cunty than Thierry Henry though so maybe that takes the edge off.

All a bit homo for me. I'd rather see a nice slide on the knees, a Tevez jump into the crowd or a simple Shearer run about with hand up.

WilsonJet said:
drwinston001 said:

You're an interesting character, Winston. You negative rep me for celebrating the stomp in the RVP thread and then say something like this. Can't figure you out brah :sandro:

did I? More than likely a miss-click my friend. I'll +ive rep you on this one to make up for it.

#5 in latest Castrol Edge rankings, one spot ahead of C. Ronaldo!!!!!!?!!!?!!!!!

#spursgonnawinthetreble

ha, is that even possible anymore, what are we in for besides EPL, now? F.A. and EPL, going out of Europa. Anything I'm forgetting?

read the interview with him, where he basically admitted to being a twat in the past but he said that after the shooting up of the team bus at the african cup, he has changed his outlook and attitude, shit like that can bring such changes and im prepared to believe him.

15% - Emmanuel Adebayor has scored with 15% of this attempts, slightly lower than the 16% average for a PL striker. Loan.

Thelonious said:
15% - Emmanuel Adebayor has scored with 15% of this attempts, slightly lower than the 16% average for a PL striker. Loan.

prbbly got pissed off with people moaning about his stupid dance. he used to score, once, a long time ago.
:defoe2:
works his bollox off though, even if his off form, fair fucks for that.

learnt how to do the smiley's now, :bae:

Back
Top Bottom