Ade wants Spurs stay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Im glad about it. Do the deal nice and early, then sign a partner for him.

Adebayor was a big hit last season at Tottenham, where he scored 18 times during a season-long loan from Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City.

Manager Harry Redknapp wants to sign the striker on a permanent basis, but his reported wage packet of £175,000 a week is way above what Spurs pay their top earners and City have warned there are plenty of other clubs interested in the Togo hitman's signature.

Chelsea's victory over Bayern Munich means Tottenham can not offer Adebayor Champions League football next term, but he still appears determined to stay at White Hart Lane.

Adebayor wrote on Twitter: "Loved my spell at Tottenham. We are working hard with the chairman to make it permanent. Will keep you informed!!"

The news that Adebayor is willing to stay at Spurs despite their failure to qualify for the Champions League is a boost to the club.

Winger Gareth Bale hinted before Chelsea became European champions last weekend that he would consider leaving if Tottenham were not playing in the Champions League next season while Luka Modric has refused to commit himself to Spurs beyond the summer.

Chairman Daniel Levy, who fought off interest from Chelsea in Modric last summer, has vowed to keep the club's top players and Redknapp is determined to add to his playing squad.

I think after the Togo bus affair Adebayor is a changed man. I think that matured him a great deal and I suspect that there is a part of him now that says that it is equally important to be happy as a player as it is earning big bucks. He may also realise that he probably priced himself out of a move to manyclubs by accepting such high wages at City.

The grass isn't always greener on the money side and I think he knows that. I am hoping that an agreement can be reached as I think he was a very valuable player for us this season, especially when you consider that he was pretty much single-handedly expected to score all our major goals. Getting him on a perm, bringing in another striker and getting in the lad from Ajax would be enough, for me, to make us stronger for next season (subject to departures).

I agree....I know some people will never warm to Ade because of his gooner days, but like you say, a life changing experience for him has maybe made him look at things differently.

He seems very likeable these days, and it actually feels like he wants to play for us, which is a great thing when you think about what we are going to have to listen to this whole summer.

He made such a difference this season, and if we sort his deal early, and he starts to feel like he has a home at Spurs, a pre season of knuckling down and training hard will be just what we need from him to start next season on fire.

Can only be good news... if (as I hope/suspect) he is as well respected in our Squad as Drogba is in THEIRS, then maybe him setting down a marker and deciding to/wanting to stay could have an influence on CERTAIN others to do likewise...

or is that straw-clutching of the highest order????

THe only way that we can do this will be a huge signing on fee..... I think they were talking about 4m which I have no problem with as long as they still buy another striker. I will not be a happy man if that is aour Marquee signing for the summer

Personally, I think ONE (but not both) of Defoe or Saha will be moved on if we do sign Ade permanantely.

This SHOULD free up some money to pay for him to stay in the first place... and even go some way to get someone else in to fill the 'VOID' left by Saha (hopefully) or Defoe's departure.

Ade + A.N Other + Defoe would do very nicely!

Defoe............ as much as I love him I really think he has to go, the boy cannot see a pass at all. I really think since we have become a pass and move team hesticks out like a sore thumb. I would get shot of both, keep Ade get Berba + youngster from Germany or similar league.

PeterH1980 said:
Defoe............ as much as I love him I really think he has to go, the boy cannot see a pass at all. I really think since we have become a pass and move team hesticks out like a sore thumb. I would get shot of both, keep Ade get Berba + youngster from Germany or similar league.

His form seems to dip after international tournaments have passed as well.....

We really wouldn't cash in on Saha would we? But Defoe could be sold for a fistful of quid. I don't see either of them here next year but if one were to stay I bet it would be Saha. Just sayin'...

I REALLY want your avatar to be an ACTUAL picture of you Mr Vexed... sadly, I fear it may just be an anonymous Goole-Imaged stranger!

Mr Vexed said:
its definitely me.

Well in that case, I hope the relevant authorities have imposed a 50 Yard restraining order from your local Primary Schools... 'cos you looks like a Paedo*!! :thumbup:

* INSERT SMILEY FACE HERE TO SHOW I WAS JOKING!!

Mr Vexed said:
ROFL i wish i looked like that.

think of the pum pum i'd get.

Looking like that, it would more likely be 'Pom-Pom' (not entirely sure what I meant by that... summit to do with Kids!)

ArtyB said:
So how does Ade wanting to stay sit with all those journos predicting that our players are all looking to leave?

It serves only to prove that all those journos are cunts on the payroll of the Sky Four and serial Spurs haters. Adebayor and to a lesser extent Bale (and to a lesser extent that rat-faced tosspiece Modric) all sniff that the times are a-changing and it's a good time to be at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom