Acceptable netspend this summer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe this Summer will tell us a whole lot about the direction we are heading , if we are selling to buy and have a minimal/negative net spend it's clear we want to be Woolwich mk2 but we will get found out quicker because of a tougher climate now.

we made something like 115 million in profit according to the last set of accounts and according to an article I was reading the other day stand to make over 80 million in prize money plus tv rights even if we lose 100-0 to Ajax in CL revenue , I can accept the pragmatism of last season's transfer window given there were uncertainties over the rising costs of building the stadium but I won't accept anything less than a 50 million net spend this summer.

Not sure about net spend but want to see us actually address the areas we need.

Have to improve CM, FB and striking options otherwise I cant see how we can progress any more than where we are now

if we are selling to buy and have a minimal/negative net spend it's clear we want to be Woolwich mk2 but we will get found out quicker because of a tougher climate now.

Succinctly and perfectly said.

It's a bit of Schroedinger's football club at the moment, the stadium build has made it difficult to ascertain what the long-term ambitions are here. But if the cat in the box is dead, Tuesday will be the last Champions League game at NWHL for a very, very long time.

I think we’ll spend roughly what we receive for Trippier Janssen Llorente Lamela and Vorm

About 30 million if we’re lucky

Is there naming rights money coming in or did I miss the memo on that? New kit sales but that’s guaranteed whether we sell one or a thousand, as said players that are surplus I’d like to think we will have a major overhaul another season with no fresh faces we will struggle plus I’m sure Kane, Eriksen if he stays will be pretty peeved if there’s not.

We need a big rebuild & a net spend of +200m. BUT if we end up with no signings & a net spend of -200m then that is what I think we really need.

As if the serial trf-bitchers will ever commit to having that question answered on record?

I've been asking the likes of John Thomas John Thomas "how much" for years now (as have others on many occasion).... The cowards won't answer as it fatally weakens their 'hand'.

If we hit a spend of £100m I will be pleasantly surprised.

If not, I shan't piss and moan for the subsequent 12 months.

As if the serial trf-bitchers will ever commit to having that question answered on record?

I've been asking the likes of John Thomas John Thomas "how much" for years now (as have others on many occasion).... The cowards won't answer as it fatally weakens their 'hand'.

If we hit a spend of £100m I will be pleasantly surprised.

If not, I shan't piss and moan for the subsequent 12 months.

Will another zero net spend be acceptable to you ?

Why would anyone give a fuck what the net spend was?
If we sell players for 100M, and improve the team for 100M, does that mean we aren’t as ambitious as if we overpaid for the same players?

Can we define this state of "non-acceptance"?

(Another of these things that are preferred to be left vague around here....)

....Are we talking merely having a moan here, letters to the club, banners or something more radical like boycotting games, denouncing my support etc.?

I'll be dissapointed if we haven't fixed key areas; i.e. RB/CM.

I'm not advocating the mere prospect of not spending as a POLICY; never have done. I just think there's enough pausible reasons that have contributed to that outcome for me not to have lost my shit over it. If we spend ZERO in the summer then I'll be seeking to know why.

Last edited:
Because it's a fucking dumb-ass question only the densest piece of wood would ever think of asking.

What myself and others are asking is how is it acceptable for one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe to go two successive transfer windows without investing a dime in new players while simultaneously posting world record breaking profits.

All we want to see is a level of investment in the squad befitting of a club of our stature. Wether that's an annual net spend of 20million 50million 100million is neither here nor there.

But being the first club ever to completely duck out of a summer transfer window, and back it up by ducking out of the following January window is a fucking cop out by the owners and deep down you know it.

Can we define this state of "non-acceptance"?

(Another of these things that are preferred to be left vague around here....)

....Are we talking merely having a moan here, letters to the club, banners or something more radical like boycotting games, denouncing my support etc.?

I'll be dissapointed if we haven't fixed key areas; i.e. RB/CM.

I'm not advocating the mere prospect of not spending as a POLICY; never have done. I just think there's enough pausible reasons that have contributed to that outcome for me not to lose my shit over it. If we spend ZERO in the summer then I'll be seeking to know why.

I can't be bothered to read all that , its a simple question no need for the bs

What does this even matter to a fucking fan?
If we sold Trippier and got Wan Bissaka for less, are you going to throw your toys out the pram because you wanted to pay more for him?

If we got Ndombele for 40M and recouped it with the sales of Dier and Janssen will you want Levy’s head?

What the fuck are people even on about?
We can’t improve the team, if the players sold cover the cost of the new signings?

Stop playing accountants....no one knew what net spend was ten years ago, now everyone thinks it equates to silverware.

Last edited:
superstaryid superstaryid

Did you BELIEVE we will spend zero in the summer?

(Genuinely question.... I get this impression from many people atm; maybe this is where I'm going 'wrong'....)

I can't be bothered to read all that , its a simple question no need for the bs

Convenient.

What is this shit?

C"mon man.... You suggesting your replies to me come giftwrapped? Do they fuck.

TLDR? Pls define "acceptance" Then I'll give you a YES/NO answer.

One-Million-Dollars-639omk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom