A title contending team?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's got a better 1st xi then us? man for man perhaps only city, looking at the other teams challenging with us I can only think only a couple of players I would exchange our players for.

friedel - He's playing well enough that I wouldn't put anyone in ahead of him.

walker and bae - nothing needs to be said here best full backs in the league.

king and kaboul - the best cb in the world paired up with a rapidly evolving beast who gets his head on everything.

modders and parker - no better pairing in the league, wouldn't put anyone in ahead of either of them.

bale - absolutely class what an engine, everyone of our competitors would love to get gareth in their team.

lennon - seems to be getting back to his best, might possibly take young or nani.

vdv and adebayor - I love the combination of vdv and adebayor with defoe in the mix. Better than what liverpool and chelsea have, van persie is in great form so might get in, I'd take rooney, and I'd probably take tevez, and aguerro.

The point I'm trying to make is that if our 1st xi played in red at old trafford, no-one would think twice about considering them as title challenging team. To think that I haven't even mentioned Gallas, Sandro, Huddlestone, and Dawson.

If you could make a straight swap who would you put in our team?

If we're talking any players then improvements to our team would be Joe Hart for Friedel, Vidic for Kaboul, Nani for Lennon, Silva for vdV and Rooney/RvP for Adebayor.

However, as a first 11 I personally believe the only competition to the spurs side is man City's. The only thing United have over us is experience and the Fergie factor. Personally I believe if we played United at OT this coming weekend we'd be favourites.

Back
Top Bottom