A Spurs Sendoff - Help Needed.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi All,

A close friend of mine (and lifelong yid) was unfortunately killed in a car accident a couple weeks ago and last week we had his funeral. It was a proper Spurs affair with a white horse-drawn carriage and with white horses draped in spurs flags and the works. Everyone wore spurs scarves or ties. It was a really nice sendoff for a proper yid and if I have to go out, it's the way I'd wanna go.

This is his story:
http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Hundred ... story.html

Anyway, there's a few of us going up to the lane on Wednesday and I know its short notice but I was wondering if any of you knew how I'd go about getting a picture of him up on the screen before the match? Who should I email / phone etc?

The collection at the funeral has already raised hundreds for the Spurs Wishes Charity, this is something that his family (all lifelong yids too) would really appreciate.

Any help would be much appreciated.

First port of call would be to drop a message to public.relations@tottenham hotspur.com.

I know they do this type of stuff just for birthdays, sure they be happy to support this cause.

Hi All,

Got this reply from Tony Stevens at Spurs PR:

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your e-mail. We are extremely sorry to hear of your loss and would like to extend our condolences at this time.

As I am sure you can imagine, we receive numerous requests of this nature on a regular basis and it is unfortunately impossible to fulfill them all. Therefore, we regret to inform you it is Club policy that we do not display fan tributes on our matchday screens.

However, we do run short obituaries for fans in our matchday programme and, although the print deadline has passed for Wednesday’s game, we would be happy to run a short tribute in the programme for Saturday’s game with Bolton.

Do let me know if this is acceptable and we would be happy to arrange.

Many regards,

Tony

To be honest it was what I was expecting, however having something in the programme on Saturday would be just as good, if not better. His Dad was made up when I told him.

Thanks very much guys for your help at this shit time.

Craig.

Actual tear in my eye when I heard the new pod. Thanks Flav, this coupled with the obituary in the Bolton match programme tomorrow provides a fitting tribute to our brother.

Thanks for everyone's wishes, its appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom