A Song For Ledley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably should've thought of this before episode #26 but all of the #TottenhamUltras talk just reminded me...

Some of you might recall a guy in 2004 from TopSpurs set up asongforledley.co.uk in order to inspire a chant for Ledley that didn't mention judas in it as well. There were some decent ideas but it never spread properly and quickly died out. Anyway, while we have had another popular song since, I can't help but feel we've yet again let Ledders down by comparing him to that racist in west London.

Yes, we make it clear he's still better and both songs should still be sung but nevertheless it feels wrong to me that King has never had his own proper chant. My favourite attempts back in '04 were some of the national anthem renditions although it is incredibly hard to get it going at the lane;

God save our Ledley King
Long live our noble King
God Save our King

Send him victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save our King

Does anyone else feel the same way and think a TFC #songforledley movement should be next on the cards? Or is it not worth even trying as it failed last time and chants tend to be a spur of the moment kind of thing with originality becoming even harder to inspire at home recently... :ledleylick:

Great minds... I've been trying to start this in the Park Lane since CAMPBELL left! NEVER liked the fact BOTH Ledley's songs refer to other people... THEM of all people too!

My slightly diff version had 'Tottenham are Glorious' instead of 'Happy &...' but other than that, it's identical...

I also get the feeling we're running out of time to ever get this going... he's surely only half-a-season away from the glue factory... if it's not started soon, we may never get the chance...

Ledders must still wonder what he did wrong to never had that song catch on for him...

I've tired in the past, and failed miserably... time for some more to take hold of the baton...

Tonight would be a good time to start... if he plays!

So... anyone start it last night then...? I only heard the 'One knee' song...
Shame really, I think the 'God Save...' song's ship may have sailed... I'm there against Stoke, I'm starting it... you don't wanna join in, that's up to you... but I'm gonna give it one more try!

I'd suggest starting it in a pub before the game, then doing it at the game. Law of averages some of the people in the pub will be in your stand.

Could you imagine that ringing out across the lane, every supporter. Gives me chills just thinking about it. stoke
Game, I'm in.

EVERY supporter is the key... not just us two!

PARK LANE LOWER... who's with me?

Maybe a good game to introduce the THFCULTRAS to the Premiership (as i'm pretty sure Stoke will be making plenty of noise!!)

See ya on the Curva Park Lane-Shelfside!!

1882 said:
Could you imagine that ringing out across the lane, every supporter. Gives me chills just thinking about it. stoke
Game, I'm in.

Maybe a good game to introduce the THFCULTRAS to the Premiership (as i'm pretty sure Stoke will be making plenty of noise!!)

Think the Stoke game would be a good shout actually. Maybe if a few of us try to get it goin in the B & H before the game like Thelonious says above

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Smolik said:
1882 said:
Game, I'm in.

Think the Stoke game would be a good shout actually. Maybe if a few of us try to get it goin in the B & H before the game like Thelonious says above

Unless it gets moved, I'm not currently able to make the Stoke game. Could end up being a midweek...

I made a slight edit to the original, you may or may not like it:

"God save our Ledley King
Long live his one good knee
God Save our King

Send him victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save our King"

USSpur said:

God Save our King

Send him victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save our King"

There have been a few versions and as long as everyone sings one its fine... but the main reason for the new chant was to take away anything that could degrade Ledders in any way. I don't want Ledley to think about cuntbell, terry, or his knee when he plays. All he needs reminded of is that he is our true, one and only, King.

(I appreciate comparing him to royalty is also degrading to the God-like figure that King is but it will do for now). :thumbup:

USSpur said:

God Save our King

Send him victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to play on for us
God save our King"

...and a slight edit to your slight edit!

YidoBuckler said:
Smolik said:

Unless it gets moved, I'm not currently able to make the Stoke game. Could end up being a midweek...

I think **FA CUP CLICHÉ ALERT** ...and 'no disrespect to Stevenage or Crawley... but i'm almost certain that ONE of us or Stoke will get through, so the likelihood of it being moved is pretty high.
Fair enough, midweek atmosphere... and it may mean Stoke bring a few less... even MORE reason for the ULTRAS to be out in force on the Curva Shelfside/Park Lane!!

king2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom