A glimmer of hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty much sums the current situation up. Thanks Tom.

The one thing I don't understand why everyone is so upset about it Eriksen being played out wide though - since he clearly comes into the middle anyway and since he was often played on the left in Ajax's 4-3-3.

The one thing I don't understand why everyone is so upset about it Eriksen being played out wide though - since he clearly comes into the middle anyway and since he was often played on the left in Ajax's 4-3-3.
yeah he seems very effective drifting in from the left as displayed last weekend

Because he's creative and it's a waste to not let him play the hole.

Because he's creative and it's a waste to not let him play the hole.
Playing on the left with the permission to drift into the middle still allows him to be creative...
Lamela is a creative player who cuts in from the right. Cazorla is often deployed on a wing, drifting in centrally.
More examples:
Di Maria
Ronaldo
Bale
Pedro
etc etc

I have no doubt Eriksen is best utilized as a creative AM, in the #10 position, but given how he's not a very physical player (have a look at a few clips of him playing for us and notice how he often sticks a leg or toe into a duel rather than go in with his body) for the moment, until he gets more used to the physical side of the english game, having him play on the left in a somewhat free role is not at all a bad idea IMO. Especially interchanging with the more physical Chadli.

How could I forget? These people know everything because of that game! Silly me :chadliblow:

Don't get me wrong, FM can be incredibly accurate, but it doesn't get absolutely everything right. I think Eriksen will work better as part of a more fluid three across the middle. Popping up in space and causing trouble.

Back
Top Bottom