A dose of reality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like being a Spurs supporter and having an unconditional love for the club and all of its teams. I think if I had to quantify that support by analysis paralysis, and getting into tortuous debates about how we need to be better to win the league, I'd take up golf and dry stone walling for excitement.

To all of the posters who wallow in their joy at showing people like me how pathetic a supporter I am, because I won't go on line and eviscerate the club, the team, the manager - like you charlatans do, every time we lose, then I think that you are soulless and useless supporters. When the team (and its supporters) is down after a defeat or poor result - then it needs picking up and support, not a kick in the bollocks or stabbing in the back.

I suspect more posters see things this way, certainly judging by the way you lot are being picked apart and dissected, than follow your apathetic version of "support"

We had way too many already.
I can't be bothered with more.
I was more replying to sammy about it rather than wanting a cunt off. Just to make a point as I knew he would avoid answering it.
No offence but I don't see how having a cunt off is hard or makes you more of a man.
Anyone can say fuck off cunt etc to anyone else. I don't feel it takes stepping up to do that as you put it.
But fair enough if you feel they are something you step up too. I feel like they are a step down & should be avoided. I sometimes can't resist winding him up knowing he will then be angrily sending me posts that I will never even read. But I have grown up now!
Anyway, I think we are all bored of it all anyway.
So I shall no longer even mention him & will leave him on ignore.

We're all bored of you!

Negative gutless cunt!

I like being a Spurs supporter and having an unconditional love for the club and all of its teams. I think if I had to quantify that support by analysis paralysis, and getting into tortuous debates about how we need to be better to win the league, I'd take up golf and dry stone walling for excitement.

To all of the posters who wallow in their joy at showing people like me how pathetic a supporter I am, because I won't go on line and eviscerate the club, the team, the manager - like you charlatans do, every time we lose, then I think that you are soulless and useless supporters. When the team (and its supporters) is down after a defeat or poor result - then it needs picking up and support, not a kick in the bollocks or stabbing in the back.

I suspect more posters see things this way, certainly judging by the way you lot are being picked apart and dissected, than follow your apathetic version of "support"
Fuck off Mick. You're deliberately trying to cunt people off for attempting any objective critique of our team. You're actually trying to argue that supporters should be silent and blind.

I agree that we shouldn't melt down and knife the players at the first stumbling block, but you've no right to characterise all analytical supporters like that.

That post was a cunt's trick.

Fuck off Mick. You're deliberately trying to cunt people off for attempting any objective critique of our team. You're actually trying to argue that supporters should be silent and blind.

I agree that we shouldn't melt down and knife the players at the first stumbling block, but you've no right to characterise all analytical supporters like that.

That post was a cunt's trick.

I am perfectly entitled to voice my opinions and approach to support as anyone else.
I am happy to post my displeasure in performances, but don't make a treatise or dissertation out of it, there is a major difference between showing your disappointment and using every defeat to come on here showing what a football savvy, expert pundit you are.
So thanks for your completely inadequate assessment of the reasoning behind my post, but you are wrong. I actually said what I meant and what I feel. I would have been direct and to the point as well as specific to the people I was aiming my points to, had I been doing what you suggested.

*coughs* Narrative busting!! "Spurs are shite against the top sides, shite record". "we're just average"

C4tDiwgWQAAUrzM.jpg

C4tDkQGWAAMvHHZ.jpg

That geezers graphic makes a mockery of the fact that we have been shit against top 6 teams.
COuld have been better, yes.
Yet we have the best home record and 4 th away and second overall.
Yet we haven't the financial resources of the others.
It's been just 2 years under Pochettino
I'd like to see the same for the time under redknapp and AVB.
That would be a true comparison.

Thing is we have also improved against the lesser sides.

Back
Top Bottom