A couple of stats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArtyB said:
Here's another one...

Adebayor fired in nine shots on target against West Bromwich Albion, more than any other player in any Premier League game in the last five-and-a-half seasons.

Shame he doesn't score more than he should, but still been quality for us :ade:

ArtyB said:
Here's another one...

Adebayor fired in nine shots on target against West Bromwich Albion, more than any other player in any Premier League game in the last five-and-a-half seasons.

Weird, bitter-sweet stat there. Not whether to be happy with it or not. :bmj:

Foster had a good game to be fair, the fact the shots were on target would be better than them being off target.

I know this will come up over and over again throughout the season but Crouch wouldn't have got a brace on Saturday.

Ben said:
ArtyB said:
Here's another one...

We are creating chances upon chances right now. I would rather he had 10 chances and scored 2 than struggling on scraps and creating nothing. We are scoring goals right now, compare that to last season. We are also scoring from all over the place unlike VDV scoring pretty much everything as it was last year.
That is what a good team does, create. We have played not so great in games and still come out on top because we have quality all over the park and they seem to take up the slack and are all fighting for each other.

Personally I am walking around with a permanent semi moving up to full wood on match day right now!

I think ive said it before but my Woolwich supporting boss used to moan about Adebayor needing 5 chances to score one. I always said at least he's getting in position to misss (at the time I remember thinking I wish we had somone like Adebayor - who'd ave thunk it?)

Anyway - I dont care if he gets 10 shots a game, as long as he scores one of them thats OK, he brings so much more to the team than just goals.

mdiver said:
Ben said:
ArtyB said:
Here's another one...

We are creating chances upon chances right now. I would rather he had 10 chances and scored 2 than struggling on scraps and creating nothing. We are scoring goals right now, compare that to last season. We are also scoring from all over the place unlike VDV scoring pretty much everything as it was last year.
That is what a good team does, create. We have played not so great in games and still come out on top because we have quality all over the park and they seem to take up the slack and are all fighting for each other.

Personally I am walking around with a permanent semi moving up to full wood on match day right now!

Dont get me wrong, im very very happy with it all. Just a weird stat to ponder thats all.

The first post is awesome. I copied it earlier and pasted it into an email and sent to a gooner. He ignored it, the silly cunt, so I laughed at him.

We only had two draws in the 2018/19 Premier League campaign, our fewest in a league season.

We finished fourth in the Premier League - the fourth-successive season we’ve finished in the top four and qualified for Champions League football. This represents our best league run since Bill Nicholson’s ‘glory, glory’ team that finished in the top four of the old First Division five seasons on the trot from 1959/60 to 1963/64, including the ‘double’ campaign of 1960/61.

We scored six goals in an away game for only the fourth time in the Premier League era when we toppled Everton 6-2 at Goodison Park on 22 December. Our record away win in the Premier League is 7-1 at Hull at the end of the 2016/17 campaign - just days after beating Leicester 6-1. We also beat Wimbledon 6-2 in 1998.

Our 11 away wins in 2018/19 was the most in a Premier League campaign, beating 10 in 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2017/18. Eleven is the most since 12 in 1984/85. The most in the Club’s history is 16 in the double season of 1960/61.

Dele Alli has now stretched his unbeaten run when scoring in a Premier League match to 37. He passed Aaron Lennon’s mark of 25 matches in the Premier League last season. Dele added goals against Newcastle, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton and Fulham in 2018/19 - we won every game.

We conceded 40 goals or less for the 11th time in our league history in 2018/19. The 39 goals conceded was the fourth-successive season we’ve conceded less than 40 in the Premier League. Before that run, starting in 2015/16, we’d only conceded less than 40 goals twice in the Premier League era – 1995/96 and 2005/06.

Our 45-point haul after 19 games was the best in our Premier League history, toppling 42 in 2011/12 and the next best of 39 in 2016/17.

The 2018/19 campaign represented our 100th in league football. Our first was in the old Second Division in 1908-09 and we were promoted to the top flight at the first attempt after finishing runners-up by just a point to Bolton.

Harry Kane is now up to 125 Premier League goals. Since making his debut in 2012, only Sergio Aguero (141) has scored more in the Premier League. During the course of the season, Harry became the first Spurs player to score 20-plus goals for five-successive seasons with 24 in all competitions, 17 in the Premier League.

We are 4th over last 50 years

Tried to copy and paste chart showing us 4th but it would not copy. Someone with better IT skills can probably manage it.

skysports-graphic-data_4668435.jpg

Back
Top Bottom