23 Signings Under Pochettino Ranked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10 windows, 23 signings and only 3 (Toby, Dele and Son) of them genuinely went on to improve the first team.

This is beyond poor, can't think of any top team done this worse.

Here's the side that played our home first leg against Benfica the year before Poch, essentially our last hurrah at a trophy that season (We lost 3-1 and Sherwood played a weak side for the return leg...for some reason)

Kane, Lloris, Vertonghen, and Eriksen remain in our team.

Toby, Dele and Son are massive upgrades over Kaboul, Lennon and Adebayor, as you said. (Sanchez deserves a shout in this group as well)

Trippier and Aurier are collectively nowhere near Walker, fair.

But you're trying to tell me that Davies, Dier, Wanyama and Sissoko in some combination are not a massive improvement over Sandro, Paulinho and Naughton?

I strenuously disagree.

Jesus, this forum has been worse than during an international break over last 8 days

Such a waste of time

giphy.gif

Top players are already top class though ... Deli is tip top for me, probably best PL signing last 4 years.

(I include Salah)

But having him behind Aurier and Sissoko I don’t think is reflective of all the factors (fee, expectation, experience, sell on value)

But having him behind Aurier and Sissoko I don’t think is reflective of all the factors (fee, expectation, experience, sell on value)
I agree he should be ahead of Aurier who i think should be down with the likes of Stambouli if we are thinking about the fee as well. But Foyth is still all potential so difficult to put him higher

10 windows, 23 signings and only 3 (Toby, Dele and Son) of them genuinely went on to improve the first team.

This is beyond poor, can't think of any top team done this worse.

Daft to claim that nobody else improved our first team. Dier, Wanyama, Sanchez, Davies and Trippier have made a big contribution to 3 successive top 3 finishes after years of us hovering around 5th place. You must rate Chiriches, Naughton and Paulinho very highly in that case.

Shall we have a look at Chelsea’s recent transfers? Drinkwater? Morata? Bakayoko? Batshuayi? Zappacosta? They spent £200m on that lot before throwing them all in the bin.

Manchester United spent £50m on Fred and he never gets onto the pitch. They bought dross like Darmian, Depay, Mkhitaryan, Rojo, Alexis, loads of crap.

City bought Mangala, Demichelis, Fernando, Negredo, Danilo, Bravo, Delph, Bony, Nolito. All their recent managers have bought some shite players.

Nobody ever said we have a perfect record on transfers, nobody does. We have a similar rate of success to others, the difference is that our flops are in the £10-15m range. Not the £40-50m range.

Last edited:
Shall we have a look at Chelsea’s recent transfers? Drinkwater? Morata? Bakayoko? Batshuayi? Zappacosta? They spent £200m on that lot before throwing them all in the bin.

Manchester United spent £50m on Fred and he never gets onto the pitch. They bought dross like Darmian, Depay, Mkhitaryan, Rojo, Alexis, loads of crap.

City bought Mangala, Demichelis, Fernando, Negredo, Danilo, Bravo, Delph, Bony, Nolito. All their recent managers have bought some shite players.

Nobody ever said we have a perfect record on transfers, nobody does. We have a similar rate of success to others, the difference is that our flops are in the £10-15m range. Not the £40-50m range.

Put it like that makes me want to kiss Levy’s shiny head!

Had a feeling this thread would die a death when I saw it pop up (couldn’t reply as I was binned)

It’s almost as if to reply and discuss would mean you have to admit that Poch has had 23 players signed in his ten windows here.
That’s an average of more than 2 signings per window.

Doesn’t fit well with a lot of peoples views that the manager hasn’t been backed, especially when you look at some of our rivals signings in that time and what they paid for them.
But hey, at least they overspent on crap and finished below us so that must be ambitious.

Also worth noting that we use our academy where as other teams let their homegrown talent walk out the door.

Back
Top Bottom