1882 Makes My Grandad Pogo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
After attending and enjoying the 1882 experience at the NextGen series game against Barcelona last year, I vowed to return. When it was announced that our Under 21 Semi Final against Everton, was to be an 1882 event, I immediately contacted my 70 year old granddad and persuaded him to come along. My granddad has had a pretty tough year with his wife getting cancer, his son going through a messy divorce and a court case. To be fair I [...]

Continue reading...

....ahm... yeah, sniff, it's nothing... nah, course I'm not... it's just a bit of grit in my eye or something, I'll be OK...

Lovely read mate!

Brilliant, brilliant read. This is what supporting Spurs should be all about.

I will never forget lifting my 49 year old Dad 6 feet in the air when JD scored against City, those are the moments I live for as a Spurs fan.

What a wonderful and touching article, I'm not ashamed to admit that it bought a lump to my throat. Hope your grandad gets the opportunity to experience more games next year

to be fair in 1961 they sing about Tottenham Hotspurs

say no to the typo mafia... or its "come on you spur"
"oh when the spur go marching in"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j7B513qM_7Y;)

;)
BritSpears-Huh.gif

Back
Top Bottom