10 Wins From 16 Should Be Enough

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on levy, spunk out 30m on benteke and lets get top 4 nail down faster than a bimbo from Essex. A lot of you think we will steam roll over a lot of these sides but its far from the case. will have to grind out some results here and there.

Come on levy, spunk out 30m on benteke and lets get top 4 nail down faster than a bimbo from Essex. A lot of you think we will steam roll over a lot of these sides but its far from the case. will have to grind out some results here and there.
We can sell a few, say siggy, chadli, holtby and raise a bit of cash I would go for it, him and Ade would be brutal up front and would give us a much better chance of finishing in the top 4. We have such a strong squad but Liverpool in sas can play shit and nick a goal or two, Ade and benteke would enable us to do likewise and let's be honest we will need to win a few games playing shit, all good teams do that. On a side note I would love drexler and coentroe, would complete the squad, unfortunately won't happen.

10 wins from 16 will be enough to finish the season on 38 games... nothing more, nothing less!

If we've learned nothing from the past 5-10 years or so of enduring Spurs 'Freak-Show ends-to-the-season', is to EXPECT NOTHING, AND ACCEPT EVERYTHING!

The worst possible outcome still has to be coming fourth, and Man Utd coming 5th or lower yet winning the CL. I will be losing sleep every night until they are dumped out of it.

The worst possible outcome still has to be coming fourth, and Man Utd coming 5th or lower yet winning the CL. I will be losing sleep every night until they are dumped out of it.

That's not worst... Remember... we've already had 'worst' 2 seasons ago when Chelsea did exactly that...
Man Utd doing it would merely be final clarification that our club is indeed Cur'sed!

If we win the games we are supposed to amd get some points from some of the teams in the top 6 we should easily get 30.

I can see Arse, Shitty, and the bluescum go triple race for the title with a falling Liverpool, us and united dogfighting the 4th place (I think Everton will lose pace at one point). But sadly I can also see a scenario where a run of bad results really make us break and we fall down the pack fighting for 6th. The main thing to dread is injuries, getting Jan back with no big injuries upfront will really boost our odds. On the other hand having to play Kane up front and Dawson+Fryers at the back will be abysmal

IMO and historically 10 wins or 30pts wins/draws mixed from the next 16 games should be enough for 4th spot.
10 wins or 30pts wins/draws mixed gives us 73 pts which is normally enough.
9 wins or 27pts wins/draws mixed has been enough on several occasions but this year is far tighter.

Can you see 30 pts from the following? I can......

Man City H.
Hull A.
Everton H
Newcastle A
Norwich A
Cardiff H.
Chelsea A
Woolwich H
Soton H
Liverpool A
Sunderland H
West Brom A
Fulham H
Stoke A
West Ham A
Villa H

If only we got to play Man U again, dead cert for a 3 pointer.

6Rs4GpD.jpg

United, even with the addition of Mata (with something to prove) are still weak. They'll beat the poorer teams but they won't win against the likes of Citeh, Arse, Pool, Everton, Newcastle etc. With RVP and Rooney fit and with Mata they will score goals, but defensively they are weaker than they have ever been and any team with decent strikers could outscore them. Even a team like Villa with Benteke could potentially get a draw against them. I just don't see them finishing ahead of us this season. I am far more worried about Liverpool who are well organized, have belief and a world class striker who scores every game. It's between is and pool in my opinion. Isn't Suarez due a ban? He hasnt had one this season yet.

United, even with the addition of Mata (with something to prove) are still weak. They'll beat the poorer teams but they won't win against the likes of Citeh, Arse, Pool, Everton, Newcastle etc. With RVP and Rooney fit and with Mata they will score goals, but defensively they are weaker than they have ever been and any team with decent strikers could outscore them. Even a team like Villa with Benteke could potentially get a draw against them. I just don't see them finishing ahead of us this season. I am far more worried about Liverpool who are well organized, have belief and a world class striker who scores every game. It's between is and pool in my opinion. Isn't Suarez due a ban? He hasnt had one this season yet.

Manu will keep beating teams 4-3. It is ridiculous to write them off.Their results have dipped a little because they have their 'get out of jail free' card RVP and Rooney missing. We need to do whatever we can to have that edge over them.

Back
Top Bottom