10 Wins From 16 Should Be Enough

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SouthStand Billy

πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“
IMO and historically 10 wins or 30pts wins/draws mixed from the next 16 games should be enough for 4th spot.
10 wins or 30pts wins/draws mixed gives us 73 pts which is normally enough.
9 wins or 27pts wins/draws mixed has been enough on several occasions but this year is far tighter.

Can you see 30 pts from the following? I can......

Man City H.
Hull A.
Everton H
Newcastle A
Norwich A
Cardiff H.
Chelsea A
Woolwich H
Soton H
Liverpool A
Sunderland H
West Brom A
Fulham H
Stoke A
West Ham A
Villa H

Similar calculations were done last year and even though we finished on record 72 points - we still missed out

Let's wait and see what happens - there are plenty of quality teams around us in the battle for 4th. Look at the CL for example - Napoli won 4 games and still couldn't finish 2nd in their group on 12 points - chances of that are probably 1/500

Last edited:
Tis. true and that reason alone is why I said "usually"
I think the 72 pts we achieved last season without finishing 4th is unique..

Personally I believe Man Utd are our main rivals for the 4th spot.

The top 3 is pretty much sorted, I think Liverpool and Everton have over achieved so far and will start to slide slowly.
ManYoo are in a poor run of form but we all know with Rooney and RVP back, they are a team who can beat anyone and they will do some good business in the transfer market in the next two weeks.

We need to monitor their results the most IMO.

One game at a time please but 73 pts won't be enough imo remember we will always need to add an additional point to avoid the goal diff position when on same pts as other teams.

Play good, maybe 32, play average, maybe 25/26. I do think 4th will be a record pts tally this year. As somebody else said on here - can everyone just stop fucking winning.

Play good, maybe 32, play average, maybe 25/26. I do think 4th will be a record pts tally this year. As somebody else said on here - can everyone just stop fucking winning.

Liverpool and ManYoo dropped points this weekend which was excellent news for us..
I'm not looking at Arse Man City or Chelsea anymore, but ManYoo,, Liverpool and Everton are the results which will mean the most to us come the end of the season.. Two of that three dropped points plus Everton are playing tonigh, if they drop points as well then it's been a brilliant round of results.

I think Everton out of those 3 are the ones to worry about. Don't ship goals, only lost 2, good manager etc. They are are worrying about us though. And I think we have a stronger squad (than Everton and LFC). Man U are shot IMO

I think Everton out of those 3 are the ones to worry about. Don't ship goals, only lost 2, good manager etc. They are are worrying about us though. And I think we have a stronger squad (than Everton and LFC). Man U are shot IMO

Exactly that.. We have a stronger squad.

They have a decent starting 11, but look at their bench or the players waiting in the wings and it's not pretty.

Injuries will affect them more than us..

Yes, we've coped well with our injuries, which no one has seemed to notice. Sandro, Verts, Paulinio etc. We have cover. It's the other side of the bloated squad coin. We are in a good place. Spurs in crisis. WTF.

I am not worried about Everton. If we finish above Pool we will get 4th, IMHO.

10 wins will do it as we should get 2 draws at least as well, making 75 points

4 points from our next 2 games and it is looking good

But IIRC, Utd are still in the CL though .....

Last edited:
We should have tried to buy Baines. Given them what they wanted. It would have strengthened us and weakened them.

Would have been nice but was never going to happen.. ManYoo were after him but he never showed that much interest.
But I agree he is a great player and they would be weaker without him.

Would have been nice but was never going to happen.. ManYoo were after him but he never showed that much interest.
But I agree he is a great player and they would be weaker without him.
Β£35 mill and Β£100,000 g a week and he'd have been walking up the High Road. Given the way we were throwing money about in the summer. We really did need a quality LB. Oh well.

Tis. true and that reason alone is why I said "usually"
I think the 72 pts we achieved last season without finishing 4th is unique..
Unique up until last season, but there's lots of competition at the top of the table now - more than last year IMO.

Personally I believe Man Utd are our main rivals for the 4th spot.
I don't think there si a main rival. I think United, Liverpool and Everton are all in the mix. That's why its going to be tough.

The top 3 is pretty much sorted, I think Liverpool and Everton have over achieved so far and will start to slide slowly.
We'll see. I think Liverpool depends on buck tooth's form.
ManYoo are in a poor run of form but we all know with Rooney and RVP back, they are a team who can beat anyone and they will do some good business in the transfer market in the next two weeks.
What makes you so sure of that? I'm not convinced Moyes knows what he wants in the market.
We need to monitor their results the most IMO.
We don't need to monitor anybody's results. There's no point. We just need to win as many points as possible and hope its enough.

Back
Top Bottom