#10 Sol Campbell is a...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: #10 Sol c**tbell is a...

love these out on a friday, takes away the temptation of listening to them on thursday...

need them on a friday as stated on so many occassions tv on friday is shit.

Just finished listening. Excellent podcast, they get better. Will listen again later as you need to hear these several times to absorb everything. WTF was that at the very very end ? :laugh:

We gave it a rest for a week to save it from becoming old... will be back next episode ;)

Was a quality episode, helped me get through work. Like the Akabusi stories, I've got to try and not laugh at work. AWOOGA!

Time to give up calling Jack "Trunk" because nobody on the show can remember it and, lets be honest, we all know his name is Jack. He put his full name on the "Ingurlund" vids during the World Cup afterall. Not like we're really pulling the curtain back on that one. :)

Flav said:
Think Trunk forgot to take the picture thank fuck
If he's forgotten, he might have to get prick of the week. Was thinking of giving it to Thelonious as he's gone on a detox before the NLD!

Mike in Parma said:
Time to give up calling Jack "Trunk" because nobody on the show can remember it and, lets be honest, we all know his name is Jack. He put his full name on the "Ingurlund" vids during the World Cup afterall. Not like we're really pulling the curtain back on that one. :)

Also at least once an episode you hear "Gary... err, Flav"

Come to think of it the only person whose name hasn't been revealed yet has been Spooky's

...spooky

Think we even got Trunks surname in this episode. :laugh:

All I need now is a postcode...

Back to your best lads. Really enjoyed this one. Was looking forward to the pic of Flav though. I reckon you lot should drink twice the amount you usually drink whilst recording #11. Lots of scum bashing and rubbing their nose in it please!

COYS!!

Re: #10 Sol C**tbell is a...

Bumpty bump! :niko:

In light of this week's episode being a week late, I'd urge you all to give this another listen.

"I'm intelligent enough, it's not like I played on a fox and dog pitch all my life. I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience or 'maybe he talks his mind too much'."
- Sol Campbell

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2119...nger-regrets-sol-campbell-transfer-tottenham/

SOL REASON

Sol Campbell slams Tottenham fans’ abuse over controversial Woolwich transfer and reveals wife thinks it’s ‘disgusting’​

• Published: 15:11, 28 Jan 2023
  • Updated: 16:19, 28 Jan 2023
SOL CAMPBELL has slammed Tottenham fans for the years of abuse aimed at him following his move to Woolwich.
The Englishman made the move to Woolwich after his contract at fierce rivals Tottenham had expired.

The move was highly controversial and met with a lot of backlash from Spurs supporters.

The former England international had to deal with years of abuse from fans.

And now, Campbell has hit out at the fans in a recent interview with The Guardian.

He said: "It’s almost as though people have forgotten how to be human.

"Wishing and hoping that someone is going to die? And you’re going to be having a party? What world are we living in?

"I know football has its tribalism but if no one around feels that this is unacceptable … well, we’re in a really sorry place.

"We are talking about nearly a quarter of a century [since the transfer].

"Where are we going as human beings if someone cannot move on? I don’t think people realise how hurtful the hate and vitriol is to me.

"I get the situation but it’s been such a long time."

Campbell also revealed that his wife Fiona finds the abuse "disgusting".

Asked what Fiona thinks of it all, Cambell said: “She is disgusted.

“And as a white woman and with the majority of people who are doing it being white men and boys … it’s quite scary.

"Fiona is a wonderful, wonderful woman and a brilliant mother.

"That’s the only way I can describe her. Just beautiful in every single way.”

And legendary Woolwich manager Wenger, has also spoken about some of the issues that Campbell faced.

The defender even had to deal with a teasing environment when he signed for the Gunners, with his new team-mates booing him.

Wenger told German magazine 11 Freunde: "They did that, and they also made jokes about it.

"But the situation was really stressful for Sol and he told me afterwards how severe it became.

"He couldn't go to certain places for dinner or walk freely in London because of the anger of the Tottenham fans.

"In hindsight, I'm not sure if I would sign him again bearing in mind the difficulties he faced."

Despite what was going on off the pitch, Campbell and Wenger enjoyed great success with eachother.

The duo lifted the Premier League title on two occasions - one of which as invincibles - and won three FA Cups.

Back
Top Bottom