10 "interesting" "facts" about today....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs%201978%20Terry%20Naylor%20Match%20Worn%5B1%5D.jpg

Oooh, retro kits... I like where you're coming from!
Yep Ossie and Ricky could help out with few goals and creativity.

Come on AVB don't be so stubborn that it blurs common sense.
EPL preferred
Lloris
Walker, Kabs, JV, Danny
Capoue, Paulinho
Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend
Soldado
Red Hot Subs - Chrii, Sandro, Holtby (don't mind this 3 coming in and out of the starting list)

Cup Team
Grandad (till Jan)
Naughton, Dawson, Chrii, Fryers
Sandro, Dembele
Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson
Adebayor
Subs - Chadli, Kane, Bentaleb, Veklovic....,

Oi, i've paid £300 for flights and hotels and £60 for a match ticket. I want to be dazzled.

:gazza2:

I'm still agg'd out by the ticket price. If it wasn't a 2 flights E/W jobby, and not such a small allocation I'd 100% swerve the game at that price. Ala Shamrock away.

I don't buy all this Europa league affecting us crap. Teams in the CL have to play Wednesday then Saturday games. And they all play their first teams. It's no different to is playing Thursday Sunday.

I don't buy all this Europa league affecting us crap. Teams in the CL have to play Wednesday then Saturday games. And they all play their first teams. It's no different to is playing Thursday Sunday.

Whilst I agree with you that it should not effect our players, it doesn't necessarily mean it does not. This is why I think we need to take the Europa League seriously so that our players get used to regularly playing 3 games in a week. When Harry was in charge he would send the reserves and youth players meaning our first team got used to playing just one game a week.

Hopefully by continuing to play first teamers in the Europa League, if we do get in the champions league, we won't be dropping points for fun after tough midweek games.

Come on AVB don't be so stubborn that it blurs common sense.
EPL preferred
Lloris
Walker, Kabs, JV, Danny
Capoue, Paulinho
Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend
Soldado
Red Hot Subs - Chrii, Sandro, Holtby (don't mind this 3 coming in and out of the starting list)

Cup Team
Grandad (till Jan)
Naughton, Dawson, Chrii, Fryers
Sandro, Dembele
Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson
Adebayor
Subs - Chadli, Kane, Bentaleb, Veklovic....,

No way Chiriches should be changed for Kaboul

Could we just clear one thing up, one that I thought was pretty obvious but it seems not; Sandro is the first name on the team sheet. Full stop. Period. Done. Whatever.

Personally, I like to start at No.1 and work my way through...therefore, especially as he has no real competition, Lloris is the first name on the team sheet!

Agreed 100%. It's the most obvious thing but there are an unbelievable amount of people who don't get it.

Agreed 100%. It's the most obvious thing but there are an unbelievable amount of people who don't get it.

But we don't get the benefits of being in the CL.
  • Mucho extra £££
  • Prestige = attracts better players
For sure it's much better to be playing twice a week if your in the CL rather than Uefa.

• Mucho extra £££
For sure it's much better to be playing twice a week if your in the CL rather than Uefa.
but if we don't get used to it now, what makes you think that magically we're going to manage when we make the CL?

• Mucho extra £££

Obv.

But if you're getting tired out playing Sheriff or Tromso followed by a Premier League game then there isn't going to be much hope when you've got to play Barca or Bayern followed by a Premier League game.

I dont think it should affect them physically any more than other sides and we need to get used to it for all the reasons above.

The only part that it could affect is the physcological side to it. By following the saturday afternoon league results means you know a result is needed to catch up/keep up/take advantage of the other teams results from the day before.rather than focusing purely on your game. ( i realise this is all that should be done anyway to an extent but it would very difficult to not be aware of other results and he implications)

granted this is something all teams have during a seasons fixtures ,but it could have a small effect pressure wise when added to us not scoring and losing home games etc

Back
Top Bottom