10 "interesting" "facts" about today....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay most aren't facts....but it does tell a story....stolen from elsewhere

Here are some random facts. Read into them what you will.

Fact 1: Sigurdsson/Townsend did not complete a single successful pass to Soldado throughout the entire game.

Fact 2: Of our previous eight defeats, seven of them came directly after a Europa League tie.

Fact 3: Sandro was great against FC Sheriff, but terrible against Hull three days later. Subbed after 45 mins.

Fact 4: Dembele was great against FC Sheriff, but terrible today. Subbed after 45 mins.

Fact 5: Sigurdsson won 20 per cent of his duels today.

Fact 6: Tim Krul played well, but not great. All his saves bar one (Soldado’s flick-on) should have been stopped.

Fact 7: Jermain Defoe played for 15 minutes and touched the ball twice.

Fact 8: Townsend has had 41 shots at goal this season and scored one goal (a cross).

Fact 9: Spurs have yet to win a game at home this season after falling behind.

Fact 10: Spurs have scored 34 goals in 25 games at home under AVB. Average: 1.36 per game.

How about another one:

For the umpteenth time, Tottenham Hotspur has yet again lost a game right before an international break.

:avbfacepalm:

Fact #2 is a worry. We need to send out the youths/reserves to Norway, don't even have the first team squad for Man U (two and a half days later) on the plane

Another fact: no premiership team as had as much as 14 shots on target (14 saves from Krul - so not sure if that counts the siggy defelected free kick as a triple save or not) without scoring since 2006-07 (BBC)

#1 is terrible. Think it would have been different with Lennon and Lamela...

The international break one pisses me off as well. Two weeks we'll have this hanging over us. Then again, we've always bounced back with a win directly afterwards so here's to that happening again.

Fact #2 is a worry. We need to send out the youths/reserves to Norway, don't even have the first team squad for Man U (two and a half days later) on the plane

I think we should give the fans that travel out there a game... or at least a half!
Think of it as reward for their loyalty, and probably, just to help keep them warm!!!

I'd take a 0-14 spanking NOW if I thought it would help us against Utd the following weekend! (that's an early k.o again too isn't it?)

I think we should give the fans that travel out there a game... or at least a half!
Think of it as reward for their loyalty, and probably, just to help keep them warm!!!

I'd take a 0-14 spanking NOW if I thought it would help us against Utd the following weekend! (that's an early k.o again too isn't it?)

Yep, Man City away Sunday 13-30 followed by ManYoo at home Sunday 12pm kick-off. This is getting beyond a joke.. I posted earlier in the week come Christmas Day we will have played one Saturday 3pm kick off all season..
Pissed off doesn't begin to cover it.

Yep, Man City away Sunday 13-30 followed by ManYoo at home Sunday 12pm kick-off. This is getting beyond a joke.. I posted earlier in the week come Christmas Day we will have played one Saturday 3pm kick off all season..
Pissed off doesn't begin to cover it.

Is that the k.o time, or a score prediction??

Fact 8: Townsend has had 41 shots at goal this season and scored one goal (a cross).

Fact 9: Spurs have yet to win a game at home this season after falling behind.

Those two bother me greatly. Who the fuck is the crossing coach at Tottenham,

• Cant get any accurate crosses into the area (even if there is someone waiting)
  • Cant clear the first man at corners.

Why are the facts straight forward to the non-experts. How much evidence does one need, the AVB stance on taking Europa seriously is admiral however it is clearly effecting the players recovery and also AVB's perception of a players capacity to play better than comparable players and/or they did on the preceding game.
Examples of this is the frequent changing between: LB positions (Naughton,JV), CM positions (Dembele,Sandro, Holtby,Eriksen), LFM positions (Sig/Lennon).
Surely the evidence is solid - Sig, Dembele, Eriksen play Sheriff as a reward for playing ok - get a start with 2 days break, whereas Lennon, Holtby, Sandro are rested from Sherrif do not start against Newc.
Lets learn from this stuff, time for hope has past rely upon facts.

Why are the facts straight forward to the non-experts. How much evidence does one need, the AVB stance on taking Europa seriously is admiral however it is clearly effecting the players recovery and also AVB's perception of a players capacity to play better than comparable players and/or they did on the preceding game..

Spurs%201978%20Terry%20Naylor%20Match%20Worn%5B1%5D.jpg

Oooh, retro kits... I like where you're coming from!

Back
Top Bottom