Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think with a bit of imagination you could actually see how his tenacious approach and direct passing abilities could suit a Mourinho team. At least as a sub.
His injury record is awful though, and Mourinho may well not have the patience for it, so you might get your wish.

That's the problem with Lamela you need a lot of imagination to truly appreciate him, he had one good season in his first 7.

No no no.
Don't put words into mouths of other people.

What I see in this thread is that ppl (including myself) are utterly dissapointed of his fitness/injury issues and pointing out that he is not reliable enough in that sense, while you have been dancing around for years, saying that he is bad footballer, has nothing to offer, should never be played above even some players that are sold long ago, he'll never play for us again etcetc.

Those are VERY different conclusions / views.
Yep, if he was fit he is way good enough I can name a dozen players at the top six clubs he is the measure of. BUT and it's a huge one he is not and never will be up to the physicality. He'd look a world beater in France though. Time to get rid.

Really disappointed with (for) Lamela re his injuries, and truthfully he probably just isn't up to it anymore (in the PL with its physicality etc.

That said, I do really like him. When he HAS played, he's always been committed, and I love how much he gets stuck in.

Shame, really is.

I jest lamela is a decent player but he's not been anywhere near good enough to start the majority of games for the last 3 or 4 years and he isn't special enough to be given the Ledley King treatment , overall for various reasons he's been more flop than not and should have left a couple of years ago.

Personally I would describe him as a signing that failed to live up to its full possibility, rather than a flop.

I jest lamela is a decent player but he's not been anywhere near good enough to start the majority of games for the last 3 or 4 years and he isn't special enough to be given the Ledley King treatment , overall for various reasons he's been more flop than not and should have left a couple of years ago.
We have wasted millions on him being on the treatment table & then decide to give him a new contract. Massive surprise he gets injured again! Shambles.

At least another two months out. Time to cut out losses? :mourbye:

One of the worst decisions to offer a player a new contract in the club's history, as I said so at the time - to much criticism, I might add. He's drained millions out of the club and given relatively little back. Gonna be a long standing problem for the club now when we could have just let his contract run down.

One of the worst decisions to offer a player a new contract in the club's history, as I said so at the time - to much criticism, I might add. He's drained millions out of the club and given relatively little back. Gonna be a long standing problem for the club now when we could have just let his contract run down.

It was a worrying sign that we weren't going to act like a big club and bring in reinforcements which proved to be true during that window.

I believe Lamela had two years left on his existing contract as well we gave him a new deal.

It was a worrying sign that we weren't going to act like a big club and bring in reinforcements which proved to be true during that window.

I believe Lamela had two years left on his existing contract as well we gave him a new deal.

He was actually coming to the end of it, the extra one or two years was optional. We could have just let it run down.

At least another two months out. Time to cut out losses? :mourbye:

Fcuk me this was the case 2 or 3 years ago and his compatriot got him another contract.

The bloke is not cut out for Premier League footy pure and as clear as sunlight.

It's the Rose, Lamela and whoever fcuking else that is not up to it brigade that need to have their puny brains examined.

Mourinho will soon comment on a few things because this is why we are where we are.

Too many poor decisions over the last 2 or 3 years.

How? Nobody will buy him and he'd be a mug to rip up a 100 bags a week contract even if we give him away nobody will pay him the same wage.

Yes that's true, but if (a big if) he gets fit maybe Levy can con somebody into taking him on a free. Even if we pay a percentage of his wages. He's been a waste of a treatment table and Ibuprofen for most of the last two years.

Fcuk me this was the case 2 or 3 years ago and his compatriot got him another contract.

The bloke is not cut out for Premier League footy pure and as clear as sunlight.

It's the Rose, Lamela and whoever fcuking else that is not up to it brigade that need to have their puny brains examined.

Mourinho will soon comment on a few things because this is why we are where we are.

Too many poor decisions over the last 2 or 3 years.

This should probably not just be in the Lamela thread, but the "Positives about the manager change" thread

Back
Top Bottom