Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm surprised to see the tough cunt playing tbf. Looked like he had an egg growing out of his head when he got subbed off at Palace.[/QUOTE]

Was that the game the opposition fans booed him because they thought he was wasting time and play acting when in reality he had a nasty injury?

It was his first start since mid-December.

He wasn't at his best today, but he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. Luckily for us, he tends to raise his level in the bigger games so I'd give him a start on Thursday and just have him chase down and take out every cunt with a ball.

I love Lamela but something is missed in his play, he has a lot of quality but doesn't seem to use it, doesn't shoot, doesn't dribble, take the wrong decisions... I really believe he could offer a lot more offensively but seems limitanted by something.

I love Lamela but something is missed in his play, he has a lot of quality but doesn't seem to use it, doesn't shoot, doesn't dribble, take the wrong decisions... I really believe he could offer a lot more offensively but seems limitanted by something.
I agree. I like him, I like his attitude and his effort and he can do some pretty good stuff but he seems to get the ball trapped at his feet after thinking about it too much...a lot. He’s not a natural passer, which is probably the most useful skill in the game. All our CBs are better at it than him

By the way he had the best pass completion of any of our attacking players, created more shooting opportunities than anyone else on the pitch and he also made more tackles and interceptions than all of our other attackers.

So he still had an impact, even if he had a poor game overall.

It was his first start since mid-December.

He wasn't at his best today, but he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. Luckily for us, he tends to raise his level in the bigger games so I'd give him a start on Thursday and just have him chase down and take out every cunt with a ball.

Simply must start on Thursday... Would have picked him anyway, but Dele pulling up takes away any decision all together...

Simply must start on Thursday... Would have picked him anyway, but Dele pulling up takes away any decision all together...

Agreed.

His work rate alone will be needed for the mammoth defensive shift our team as a whole will have to put in - plus he always raises his game in the big ones.

By the way he had the best pass completion of any of our attacking players, created more shooting opportunities than anyone else on the pitch and he also made more tackles and interceptions than all of our other attackers.

Anything but on fire, but still suprised to see him get the hook today.... I'd have taken Dav off, brought Dier on and pushed the other's further forward.

Maybe Llornete off was the right call, but we sub him off in less than an hour today and we'd have crushed him; as good as consigned him to the knackers yard. Bad fit; feel for the guy.... You can tell none of the players 'feel' the tactic of putting it in the mixer.... (How much pondering did we do on the left of their box?!?!?!?)

Last edited:

Impressive stats.
Not a stat man personally, & thought he looked very mediocre today. But a lot of the stuff he does isn’t eye catching and the stats suggest he had a decent, even strong, performance.
Absolute nailed on starter for the chav game. Hope he has plenty of steak (preferably Argentinian, preferably raw) over the next few days. :lamelaaghh:

Yea, agree with most what is being said here.
Today had rather a bad game. It showed that he was not on the same wavelenght with other players. Few times he assumed that teammate would move somewhere where they really did not. And yea at times rly his decisions were not correct. By his standards a bad game, I'd say.

Also agreed that he should start against Chelsea. Specially now when we've got the lead to protect. He should be good shutting them down and hopefully with more gametime his overall play will improve!

Really wish the guy would use his fucking right foot occasionally. Criminal that a professional footballer can be so one-footed. That awful left-footed pass he played to Lllorente when a simple right-footed pass would have led to a goal was disgraceful.

Really wish the guy would use his fucking right foot occasionally. Criminal that a professional footballer can be so one-footed. That awful left-footed pass he played to Lllorente when a simple right-footed pass would have led to a goal was disgraceful.
I remember him scoring in a game this season with his right foot. the keeper did not even move, presuming that Lamela could not possibly even try to shoot with that foot.

Yea, agree with most what is being said here.
Today had rather a bad game. It showed that he was not on the same wavelenght with other players. Few times he assumed that teammate would move somewhere where they really did not. And yea at times rly his decisions were not correct. By his standards a bad game, I'd say.

Also agreed that he should start against Chelsea. Specially now when we've got the lead to protect. He should be good shutting them down and hopefully with more gametime his overall play will improve!

I don't think it's necessarily Erik making bad runs so much as the others get used to the differing kind of runs that Sonny or whoever is making in his place. In fact, I can recall in previous periods fans complaining why the regulars aren't seeing his (to paraphrase) "great movement".

Lesson learned some time back too is that if not careful he and CE both playing AM can cancel each other out a bit; better off with either a #10 between them or CE deeper.

I agree. I like him, I like his attitude and his effort and he can do some pretty good stuff but he seems to get the ball trapped at his feet after thinking about it too much...a lot. He’s not a natural passer, which is probably the most useful skill in the game. All our CBs are better at it than him
The best he's been for us has been as a forward.

Seems paralysed on the wing and overmatched in central midfield

I don't think it's necessarily Erik making bad runs so much as the others get used to the differing kind of runs that Sonny or whoever is making in his place. In fact, I can recall in previous periods fans complaining why the regulars aren't seeing his (to paraphrase) "great movement".

Lesson learned some time back too is that if not careful he and CE both playing AM can cancel each other out a bit; better off with either a #10 between them or CE deeper.

I don't disagree about your observation, but no team should move CE around to accomodate Lamela, that's just silly.

Back
Top Bottom