Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We went up against a team that aimed to stifle any little creativity we had. Not going to blame Lamela for that, still works his absolute bollocks off.

Hope the head injury isn't too serious.

Nothing of the sort. Saying he had a bad day - which he did, running down blind alleys and giving the ball away. Or were you watching a different game?

Rather than rubbishing an opinion why not just share yours? He had a worldie today?

No he played well, conditions were shit, controlling the ball in that weather is hard, running around in that weather is energy sapping, he continued to be an outlet and kept running like a machine..... we won, i'm fucking happy as fuck.

No he played well, conditions were shit, controlling the ball in that weather is hard, running around in that weather is energy sapping, he continued to be an outlet and kept running like a machine..... we won, i'm fucking happy as fuck.

Me too, I'm happy as well.

Clearly you were watching a different game to the one I was!

Your main criteria for a PL footballer is that they run around a lot and are willing to get wet. Not bad for £60K a week (or thereabouts).

I look for other things like chances created, tackles made, cover given, tracking back, goals, set pieces delivered, fouls conceded, control of the ball, heading ability etc etc. You know, these kind of trivial qualities. He didn't show many of them today!

But as I said, everyone is allowed an off day.

Your main criteria for a PL footballer is that they run around a lot and are willing to get wet. Not bad for £60K a week (or thereabouts).

I look for other things like chances created, tackles made, cover given, tracking back, goals, set pieces delivered, fouls conceded, control of the ball, heading ability etc etc. You know, these kind of trivial qualities. He didn't show many of them today!

Why not leave the negative shit though, every game we win there's the same group of you slagging off certain players. 10 minutes after the game i'm doing moonwalks and breakdancing round the room celebrating. Some of you lot are probably giving yourselves high fives because Lamela, Loris or Davies or whoever played shit and you can say told you so on Fighting cock for the 100th time.

How many games have we played in the past week or so, how many players didn't have a pre-season, how many are carrying knocks, wembley etc etc and yet we're on our best run under Poch and you all still moan like big girls.

Sorry Mrs P.

Why not leave the negative shit though, every game we win there's the same group of you slagging off certain players. 10 minutes after the game i'm doing moonwalks and breakdancing round the room celebrating. Some of you lot are probably giving yourselves high fives because Lamela, Loris or Davies or whoever played shit and you can say told you so on Fighting cock for the 100th time.

How many games have we played in the past week or so, how many players didn't have a pre-season, how many are carrying knocks, wembley etc etc and yet we're on our best run under Poch and you all still moan like big girls.

Sorry Mrs P.
I think you're mixing me up with someone else. If you check my posts you'll see they're unanimously optimistic, including supporting Lloris and Trippier.

My post on Lloris today:
"Agreed, two point blank saves. Another three points he's earned us. I make that 6 in the last three weeks.

He'll play himself through this 'bad' spell. We need to stick with him."

I'll call it the way that I see it. Lamela has been very good over the last 6-8 games, but today he wasn't. I've even noted that "everyone deserves an off day"

Please do not lump me into the melters and plastic fans.

Incidentally you've not mentioned other then "running around in the rain", what Lamela did today.

Last edited:
I think you're mixing me up with someone else. If you check my posts you'll see they're unanimously optimistic, including supporting Lloris and Trippier.

My post on Lloris today:
"Agreed, two point blank saves. Another three points he's earned us. I make that 6 in the last three weeks.

He'll play himself through this 'bad' spell. We need to stick with him."

I'll call it the way that I see it. Lamela has been very good over the last 6-8 games, but today he wasn't. I've even noted that "everyone deserves an off day"

Please do not lump me into the melters and plastic fans.

Incidentally you've not mentioned other then "running around in the rain", what Lamela did today.

Apologies then, but it was aimed more in general at the usual moaning lot, who wreck every thread with their slagging off of the players (albeit you were guilty in this instance), the board, Levy, other fans...... baffles me how they get any enjoyment out of supporting this club, can only wonder what they were like when we were shit.

Like i said i thought he played well in the conditions, constantly running and being an outlet, sure he didn't create a goal or score one, but he got stuck in and in a game like that, it's what we needed. Old Spurs would have lost that, because we didn't know how to grind out those type of results.

I agree that he did not have one of his best games.
But I don't really agree that we should slate him off after any game where he does not score / assist.

Yea, he lost few balls upfield and could not pick the right option right away. But such things have happened in those games as well where he eventually scores, and then it is stilll "an amazing performane"... he often tries difficult thins and if they come off, we unlock the defence. If they don't he loses the ball. I much rather see him continuing losing the ball now and then rather than playing safer passes and taking the upside off from his game.

We need Erik not only for his undoubted ability but also for his niggledenessnessness (you know what i mean). We have been missing that for years and he and Dele have it in spades and i love it. Do it to the vermin on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom