Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've never made a personal insult about Lamela - you're very personal about Trippier. I don't have the time to a Spursdem and rake up all your posts but they're almost entirely negative and full of insults. That's out of order in my opinion so you've got a cheek criticising me.

I think we should all agree to keep quiet about Lamela - there's nothing to say about him at the moment since he's not in the world cup. I haven't personally bumped up his thread at all recently - and it's generally Spursdem making a reference to me that's dragged me back here.
You've agreed to keep quiet about Lamela about 8 times. You just can't. You can't help coming back in here and makong more predictions.

Remember when you said Spurs had no chance of top 4.

What has to happen for you to look inwards and think "you know what, I've been completely wrong here".

Div.

Of course, it depends on your definition of 'personal insult', but accusing a player of faking injuries and/or mental illness comes pretty close in my opinion.

I did not say that. I speculated it may be a psychological problem, but this turned out to be completely incorrect. A lot of things were going on in his life at the time and there was a derth of information from the club. You won't find any reference to me making claims about drug abuse or his dog dying, or any of that rubbish.

I did not say that. I speculated it may be a psychological problem, but this turned out to be completely incorrect. A lot of things were going on in his life at the time and there was a derth of information from the club. You won't find any reference to me making claims about drug abuse or his dog dying, or any of that rubbish.
You would fit in well being a Gooner!

I did not say that.
Sorry mate, you did.
And sad to say he has become a burden. Two season missing injuries, to his back and hip, neither of which show up on a scan, neither of which happened in matches and he only responds to treatment in Rome. I'm convinced it's a psychology, anxiety related issue which Roma knew about when they sold him, and they treat it with sugar tablets they tell him is a special medicine. Our mistake has been trying to treat a non existent injury as a real one.

And the biggest advantage [of Son over Lamela] is that he doesn't have fake injuries he wants surgery to fix. If the latest reports are true, it's pretty clear Lamela is finished at Spurs.

Fake injury is probably not the right expression. I believe he genuinely feels pain. But I think it's likely it's somatization.

What I think happens is that when he goes through a poor spell, is out performed by other players and the manager loses confidence in him, his subconscious mind sends false pain signals to his conscious mind and this creates a reason for him to blame his poor form. I believe it happened with his back injury and speculate it happened at Roma as well.

Poch said a while back that the scan showed no problem so what exactly is a doctor supposed to operate on? The only way to treat it would be to pretend to operate but that would be unethical and no doctor would agree to it so we're stuck with this impasse that's entering it's sixth month!

What is 'somatisation'? This is from patient.info

The somatoform disorders are the extreme end of the scale of somatisation. So, the physical symptoms persist long-term, or are severe but no physical disease can fully explain the symptoms. Somatoform disorders include:
  • Somatisation disorder
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Conversion disorder
  • Body dysmorphic disorder
  • Pain disorder
They are classed as mental health disorders, as the cause of the symptoms is thought to be mental factors. However, they cannot be fully explained by depression, substance abuse, or other recognised mental health disorders. There has recently been a renaming of these mental health disorders and they have all been put under the main heading of 'somatic symptom disorder'. Doctors used to make the diagnosis based on strict patterns of symptoms. However, they now rely much more on how much the symptoms affect the person's life and well-being. It is also recognised that somatic symptom disorder can occur in people who have physical diseases such as arthritis or cancer.

Note: this leaflet has retained the old headings where necessary. They probably still have some use in understanding the different types of symptoms that occur.

People with somatoform disorders usually disagree that their symptoms are due to mental factors. They are convinced that the cause of their symptoms is a physical problem.

I've never made a personal insult about Lamela - you're very personal about Trippier. I don't have the time to a Spursdem and rake up all your posts but they're almost entirely negative and full of insults. That's out of order in my opinion so you've got a cheek criticising me.

I think we should all agree to keep quiet about Lamela - there's nothing to say about him at the moment since he's not in the world cup. I haven't personally bumped up his thread at all recently - and it's generally Spursdem making a reference to me that's dragged me back here.
Mate, this ain't the fucking The Times newspaper I'm writing in, lighten up. If I call him "Munchkin" it's fairly obvious it's lighthearted, I'm not calling him a cunt. His actual nickname with the players is "Frodo" for fuck sake are you going to write about our own players abusing him? Or is it a snobby thing that being a fictional character from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory not acceptable but being called a fictional character from Lord of the rings is?

And again you are obsessed by him, your post count in this thread is testament to this, both critique and make-believe.

Last edited:
You've agreed to keep quiet about Lamela about 8 times. You just can't. You can't help coming back in here and makong more predictions.

Remember when you said Spurs had no chance of top 4.

What has to happen for you to look inwards and think "you know what, I've been completely wrong here".

Div.

1) New contract
2) Is able to become a starter, score and create goals on a regular basis, and change games.

Neither of these will happen in my opinion and we'll all be back here in six months time. Same old pattern for 5 years. Ineffective for many games in a row. The fence sitters fall on my side. Pops up and scores a goal or gets an assist - the same old bullshit about potential and this is the year he explodes, and they go back to your side. I can see this going on for another decade.

Sorry mate, you did.

What is 'somatisation'? This is from patient.info

The somatoform disorders are the extreme end of the scale of somatisation. So, the physical symptoms persist long-term, or are severe but no physical disease can fully explain the symptoms. Somatoform disorders include:
  • Somatisation disorder
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Conversion disorder
  • Body dysmorphic disorder
  • Pain disorder
They are classed as mental health disorders, as the cause of the symptoms is thought to be mental factors. However, they cannot be fully explained by depression, substance abuse, or other recognised mental health disorders. There has recently been a renaming of these mental health disorders and they have all been put under the main heading of 'somatic symptom disorder'. Doctors used to make the diagnosis based on strict patterns of symptoms. However, they now rely much more on how much the symptoms affect the person's life and well-being. It is also recognised that somatic symptom disorder can occur in people who have physical diseases such as arthritis or cancer.

Note: this leaflet has retained the old headings where necessary. They probably still have some use in understanding the different types of symptoms that occur.

People with somatoform disorders usually disagree that their symptoms are due to mental factors. They are convinced that the cause of their symptoms is a physical problem.

I said fake once then retracted it. I'm not sure what your point is about somatisation. It's not a derogatory term, (but it didn't turn out to be the case with Lamela) any more than speculating someone might have depression.

1) New contract
2) Is able to become a starter, score and create goals on a regular basis, and change games.

Neither of these will happen in my opinion and we'll all be back here in six months time. Same old pattern for 5 years. Ineffective for many games in a row. The fence sitters fall on my side. Pops up and scores a goal or gets an assist - the same old bullshit about potential and this is the year he explodes, and they go back to your side. I can see this going on for another decade.
So you're saying you haven't been wrong about Lamela thus far?

I said fake once then retracted it. I'm not sure what your point is about somatisation. It's not a derogatory term, (but it didn't turn out to be the case with Lamela) any more than speculating someone might have depression.
You accused him of faking injuries many times. Please don't make me trawl through your posts to prove it.

Why mention this? Because you insisted you'd never personally insulted Lamela. In my view, accusing a professional football player of faking an injury is a personal insult.

Whether or not you subsequently retracted these accusations is irrelevant.

You accused him of faking injuries many times. Please don't make me trawl through your posts to prove it.

Why mention this? Because you insisted you'd never personally insulted Lamela. In my view, accusing a professional football player of faking an injury is a personal insult.

Whether or not you subsequently retracted these accusations is irrelevant.

That's your perception of insulting someone which is fair enough.

But it kind of sums up Lamela. We're talking about the perception of insults and injuries because in football terms there's not a lot to talk about besides dust ups with Fabregas and Wilshire. Compare that with Eriksen who we bought at the same time for a third the price.

To be fair, lots accused rose of faking mental illness too.

Coming from the guy guilty of using DRs mental health to score virtue points against other members on a footy forum....

SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur got it spot on....

You are an utter WORM.

Fuck this bullshit 'fence-sitting' reinvention of yourself; trying to endear yourself as 'Mr Reasonable'... To whom or what you dish your rep out for speaks volumes about what you really think... You're the same cunt you always were.

Ball-less little, bitch.

We're talking about the perception of insults and injuries because in football terms there's not a lot to talk about besides dust ups with Fabregas and Wilshire. Compare that with Eriksen who we bought at the same time for a third the price.
That's because one of them has missed 85 league games (573 days) in the last four years through injuries, whilst the other has missed only 9 games (51 days).

No real surprise we talk more about injuries when discussing Lamela than when discussing Eriksen.

Back
Top Bottom