Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's plenty of players who've got dog's abuse at Spurs, don't try and pretend we're Paragons of virtue. You're very selective in the players you refer to. No mention of Paolo Tramezzani I see, and I was at the game where Dean Richards got booed. The fault was not with him or the crowd but the manager who picked him because there was obviously something going on with him. I don't think many Spurs fans could stomach seeing Lamela playing ahead of Son or Lucas anymore. It's just wrong and it's making many question Poch.
That is not turning on players. I was also at a game where Timothee Atouba got booed. It was horrid. The next game he got cheered by everyone. These are anomalies, not patterns.

I'm very selective? Yet I named more players than you did. So what does that make you? I'll name some more that received great support through tough times if you like? Son, Kane, Dele, Fazio, Walker, Bentaleb, Mason. Would you like some more?

The only players that have been truly turned on are the likes of Judas and Ghaly who did things to disrespect us.

You have been so wrong about Lamela I really think you should take your own advice and stop making predictions about him and things attached to him.

Your latest one was just this past weekend. You were wrong again. Yet you're so fucking arrogant, suggesting you know better that you keep trotting out Lamela abuse.

YOU are the kind of fan that turns on Spurs players. Not us. You're the guy that boos. Your praying for fans to turn on him like you did months ago. You're shithouse and you ain't what Spurs fans are about. We support our own.

You've now worked your way from mugging off Lamela to mugging of our fans. You really are the worst.

Last edited:
That is not turning on players. I was also at a game where Timothee Atouba got booed. It was horrid. The next game he got cheered by everyone. These are anomalies, not patterns.

I'm very selective? Yet I named more players than you did. So what does that make you? I'll name some more that received great support through tough times if you like? Son, Kane, Dele, Fazio, Walker, Bentaleb, Mason. Would you like some more?

The only players that have been truly turned on are the likes of Judas and Ghaly who did things to disrespect us.

You have been so wrong about Lamela I really think you should take your own advice and stop making predictions about him and things attached to him.

Your latest one was just this past weekend. You were wrong again. Yet you're so fucking arrogant, suggesting you know better that you keep trotting out Lamela abuse.

YOU are the kind of fan that turns on Spurs players. Not us. You're the guy that boos. Your praying for fans to turn on him like you did months ago. You're shithouse and you ain't what Spurs fans are about. We support our own.

You've now worked your way from mugging off Lamela to mugging of our fans. You really are the worst.

What I posted when the team was announced:

Strange team. Lot less confident now, can see it being level or worse after 60 mins then hopefully the subs will make a difference.

I'd say I was pretty correct, unfortunately the subs were left too late.

I really can't see any way Lamela will play for us in the new stadium. Only way is if we fail to qualify for the CL and the likes of Eriksen want out.

If he does go he’ll go to a top Seria A side, Italian football will suit him much better then our high press against bus parking teams

I don’t want him to go but I do want him to have a successful career and if he doesn’t feel England is the place he should go on
Yeah, I feel it would be in his best interests to go back there. Change of scene & hopefully luck too.

What I posted when the team was announced:

I'd say I was pretty correct, unfortunately the subs were left too late.

I really can't see any way Lamela will play for us in the new stadium. Only way is if we fail to qualify for the CL and the likes of Eriksen want out.
You also said he wouldn't be seen at the training ground again. Why would you be right this time?

Do you really want me to show you up again by finding the post where I asked you if you think Lamela would not start again and you agreeing?

I don't think Lamela should be judged on fans groaning but on how he contributes.

And as another season draws close he has yet again failed to stay fit, failed to make any real impact and failed to play like a top 4 starting XI player. Let alone a £30m one.

I'd sell him in a heartbeat back to Italy. Losses cut out.

I have been advocate of Lamela getting game time to get back to sharpness (go and backtrack from this same thread here if you like), but I am starting to feel that it might not work out.

He has had some nice moments, and he has right mentality and he has some undeniable qualities. But he has not delivered much with all those chances he's been getting. So-so-SO often he he has been "Oh, so close" guy. Or "If only guy" however one prefers. Meaning that "Oh, that pass was so close being perfect, but defender just cut it out" or "Oh, that shot was so close from flying to the corner, just misses it by 50 centimeters", or "Oh, if only he would have given the pass 1 sec earlier".... but almost none of those things have materialized.

He has got 12 starts and total of 1300 minutes under his belt. And apart from those cult player like moments against Weelchair and Fiberglass, what does he have to show? Not too much to be honest.

ofc I believe that it is hard to come back from the injury like his. And it takes time to get going. But I have not seen too many signs that he would become too big of an asset. We will see, most likely we will know better after he has had full pre-season and prepping, but I would not be too surprised if club bosses decide to sell him over the summer. I hope he becomes brilliant ofc, but I am starting to doubt about it more and more of late.

Stamping on Fabregas twice and calling Wilshire a pussy.

Worse Spurs players have been propelled into folklore for less.
And my man thinks he'll get booed?

He should get a fucking statue.

nintchdbpict000384113891.jpg

I have been advocate of Lamela getting game time to get back to sharpness (go and backtrack from this same thread here if you like), but I am starting to feel that it might not work out..

I don't mind keeping him if it benefits the team, but surely he can be rehabilitated in games on which our season does not depend. Tonight is all about in form attackers.

Of which we have how many currently?

Not enough- you can never have enough in-form attackers.
Eriksen and to a lesser extent Dele is about all I would tell you put a bet on.
Lamela is a known quantity though and I'd rather see Lucas given a chance to put it in the back of the net.
Son- not sure- he's barely had time to play since Harry came back, and looked as if his getting dropped had dented his confidence. Can't really afford to not play him tonight though.

Perfect when he came on. Helped us see the game out comfortably and left one on a Geordie.

Good lad.

Where'd the goal from? Son, Dele and Kane.

Doing a few nutmegs and stepovers when we're winning is easy. If I had the time I'd total up the cumulative amount of goals we've scored when he's been on the pitch this season. I don't think it would make pretty reading.

We've scraped into the CL this season. That's a warning to us - we need an input of fresh talent and the likes of Lamela need to be moved on.

Where'd the goal from? Son, Dele and Kane.

Doing a few nutmegs and stepovers when we're winning is easy. If I had the time I'd total up the cumulative amount of goals we've scored when he's been on the pitch this season. I don't think it would make pretty reading.

We've scraped into the CL this season. That's a warning to us - we need an input of fresh talent and the likes of Lamela need to be moved on.
Shut up you boring wanker

Performances like his 15 mins last night make me wonder if he could drop back into the Dembele role, partly because I don't see a replacement target that gives me wood at the minute

Might be worth a shot. He seems bit more muscular since coming back, but to me the upper body strength is question for me. But maybe spending summer in the gym :lamelaaghh:?

Back
Top Bottom