Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NW1Spur NW1Spur This one's for you mate......

Doesn't say a lot really. Kane, Dele, Son and Eriksen are all likely to bumper new deals while Lamela is still on his AVB one. To me this still points to him being sold this Summer and the club are just avoiding getting into a one year left scenario. If he had a long term future here then why wouldn't Poch offer him a new contract?

Doesn't say a lot really. Kane, Dele, Son and Eriksen are all likely to bumper new deals while Lamela is still on his AVB one. To me this still points to him being sold this Summer and the club are just avoiding getting into a one year left scenario. If he had a long term future here then why wouldn't Poch offer him a new contract?
How many players have been offered new contracts this season?

Can't wait to add this to your #wronglist

Report: Tottenham to extend Erik Lamela's contract

Oopsie.

LOL
Lamela's contract was due to expire at the end of next season but Tottenham now have an option for the 2019-20 season, which they will trigger. That means Lamela will now not go into next season, the first at the new White Hart Lane, in the last year of his contract, and facing questions about his future.

There has been serious interest from Italy, Spain, Portugal and France in signing Lamela but he will now stay for the foreseeable future

Yep you're right his off. Article littered with clues to be picked through.
Peter-Sellers.jpg

LOL
Lamela's contract was due to expire at the end of next season but Tottenham now have an option for the 2019-20 season, which they will trigger. That means Lamela will now not go into next season, the first at the new White Hart Lane, in the last year of his contract, and facing questions about his future.

There has been serious interest from Italy, Spain, Portugal and France in signing Lamela but he will now stay for the foreseeable future

Peter-Sellers.jpg
He's said, they're only extending the contract because they don't want him going into the last year of his contract. But then says he'll still be sold this summer, so he wouldn't even enter that last year. So why bother with the extension? There will be bonuses linked to an extension also.

This digging is cringe.

LOL

Peter-Sellers.jpg

The Independent is not really a reliable source for anything these days anyway. The Times is the only newspaper I trust with Spurs news. They seem to have a source in the club.

The Independent is not really a reliable source for anything these days anyway. The Times is the only newspaper I trust with Spurs news. They seem to have a source in the club.
Jack Pitt-Brook is one of the best football writers in the country right now. He was the first jorno to break Walker leaving. You stick with Henry Winter, a bland, bigoted, arrogant big head and I'll stick with this fella all day long.

How many players have been offered new contracts this season?

Can't wait to add this to your #wronglist

Report: Tottenham to extend Erik Lamela's contract

Oopsie.

Lots of stories a few weeks ago that a raft of players will be offered new contracts at the end of the season but Lamela isn't one of them. When this comes to fruition I promise not to gloat... honestly. And if it comes to pass that Lamela is sold, I will not rub your nose in it... I really... sincerely, cough, cough, mean that... honestly.

Lots of stories a few weeks ago that a raft of players will be offered new contracts at the end of the season but Lamela isn't one of them. When this comes to fruition I promise not to gloat... honestly. And if it comes to pass that Lamela is sold, I will not rub your nose in it... I really... sincerely, cough, cough, mean that... honestly.
So...I ask again...how many players have been offered new contracts this season?

As for the other bit. I must say, with your track record, I'm quaking in my boots at the prospect. You really seem to have your finger on the pulse.

Mate if he’s sold in 5 years time you’ll still claim that you told us so.

Lamela hasn't been offered a new contract in that time because he previously earned more than Eriksen and still earns more than Dele Alli does. He's not unhappy with 70k a week so why would the club offer him more when he's already on what he considers to be a good enough wage?

Are you honestly so thick skulled that you can't just admit that your opinion obviously doesn't match with Pochetino's and leave it there? I know you were goaded on this occasion, but it really is getting painful watching you continue to argue.

Lamela hasn't been offered a new contract in that time because he previously earned more than Eriksen and still earns more than Dele Alli does. He's not unhappy with 70k a week so why would the club offer him more when he's already on what he considers to be a good enough wage?

Are you honestly so thick skulled that you can't just admit that your opinion obviously doesn't match with Pochetino's and leave it there? I know you were goaded on this occasion, but it really is getting painful watching you continue to argue.

I think we can all agree we both overpaid for him and his wages were too high. A five year deal plus optional 2 years is very rare, and it's worked more to his benefit than the club's. I think it was assumed he was gonna be the next big thing and he would appreciate in value so the club was protecting what it thought might become a Bale like situation, with a Real Madrid or Barcelona coming in and the long contract was to increase our bargaining power.

The situation from his perspective is that no-one else will pay him higher wages than here, like they would Toby or many of our other players. In these cases we're either forced to give them better deals or sell them, like with Walker and now Toby probably. But no-one gonna offer us big money for us. I think if he had a shorter contract the club would have been forced to make a decision one way or the other, new contract or sell him. Sissoko's in a similar situaton and could well be here still next season. I don't think it's an ideal situation for us or either player.

I think we can all agree we both overpaid for him and his wages were too high. A five year deal plus optional 2 years is very rare, and it's worked more to his benefit than the club's. I think it was assumed he was gonna be the next big thing and he would appreciate in value so the club was protecting what it thought might become a Bale like situation, with a Real Madrid or Barcelona coming in and the long contract was to increase our bargaining power.

The situation from his perspective is that no-one else will pay him higher wages than here, like they would Toby or many of our other players. In these cases we're either forced to give them better deals or sell them, like with Walker and now Toby probably. But no-one gonna offer us big money for us. I think if he had a shorter contract the club would have been forced to make a decision one way or the other, new contract or sell him. Sissoko's in a similar situaton and could well be here still next season. I don't think it's an ideal situation for us or either player.
:dembelelol::eriksenlol::levylol::pochlol::sonlol::vert:

Fucking switching tact again, are we? Now he’s so shit that we can’t sell him as no one wants him, or could get him to agree to lesser terms. Lamela gone full on Ade.

Why don’t you head on over to the athletics track, mate. I’m sure the carnival could always use another good contortionist.

Am I allowed to criticize Eric today ? Or will the fan boys get upset ? I thought he was fucking attrocious today and our worst player needs to find consistency or fuck off not fit to lace Dele Son Erikssenor Lucas boots.

Have to say I'm struggling to defend the guy at the moment. So much huffing and puffing with so little end product. Should have done much better with that chance when put in by Alli. What does he do to justify a start ahead of Lucas or Son?

Am I allowed to criticize Eric today ? Or will the fan boys get upset ? I thought he was fucking attrocious today and our worst player needs to find consistency or fuck off not fit to lace Dele Son Erikssenor Lucas boots.
Looking forward to your posts in the other player threads who were also shit today.

Back
Top Bottom