Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cannot stay quiet when it could cost us points and cause us to miss out on the CL. I called it the moment the team was announced yesterday and the game panned out just as I thought it would and predictably ended up with him being subbed after 60 odd minutes. We might need 80 points to get CL! Son should start ahead of Lamela in every league game until CL is secured. There's no room for error. I think Poch has learnt his lesson and Son will start against Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth so the topic fortunately won't need to be discussed.

You are a turd on the shoe of this fine club. Fuck off!

Wasn't his best game yesterday, felt he was right to come off but still felt he put in a shift. Was happy with his effort as he was no better or worse than anyone else, just needed to make way for something different. Still great having him back TBH

Son offers more imo but I like Lamelas passion.

I do feel for Son a bit, he shouldn’t be dropped for this guy,
I like them both and feel they offer something very different to each other. There is a place and a time for both Son and Lamela.

This is not directed at you but a general comment - I do find it frustrating that for a long time we argue we have no competition and that if we don't spend £millions we will fall behind/get relegated/implode.

Then when we do get players back to offer a genuine alternative, they are not deemed to be compatible with how we play/not good by some.

We need variety and we need players who know and will work Poch's system. Lamela is one of those players. At the moment he is working his way back after a long lay off. He may not be in the league of Kane and Eriksen at the moment or a fit and firing Dele or Son but all those players bar Kane have had their critics and inconsistencies over the last 3 years. Give the guy a chance and our support!! :coys:

It's pointless arguing with the Lamela fan boys. With his goal in the FA Cup it's "wow, incredible, what a finish - he's about to explode and start getting 30 goals a season! Give him a 200k contract before Barcelona come sniffing!"

But they don't mention Son set it up on a plate for him. If it was Lamela making the same pass, there'd be no mention of Son's finish as being anything other than straightforward, and it would be "Wow, what a pass from Lamela! Only he could see that pass, such vision! He has to start ahead of Eriksen - he's better than De Brunyne!"

It's been going on for 5 years.
I haven't commented on your posts before but FFS we support a team - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, not individual players.

They can all have their moment in the sun and do not need to be perfect every moment of every game. They play together for the end result not worry about who has the better stats/assists/chances created.

It is possible to like both Son and Lamela, see their faults and credit their abilities, not offer them up in competition to each other.

I haven't commented on your posts before but FFS we support a team - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, not individual players.

They can all have their moment in the sun and do not need to be perfect every moment of every game. They play together for the end result not worry about who has the better stats/assists/chances created.

It is possible to like both Son and Lamela, see their faults and credit their abilities, not offer them up in competition to each other.

The contents of posts on a forum have no bearing on what happens on the pitch. You support the team and players at the game. This forum and all forums is like a pub where people air their opinions about players, tactics, etc. It amazes me that people don't understand this and become defensive about players being criticized like it has some kind of influence. Poch is not reading this, I can assure you. Nothing you or I or anyone else says on here has any meaning. Erik Lamela is not reading this. Son is not reading this, anymore than they're evesdropping on conversations in pubs after games.

The contents of posts on a forum have no bearing on what happens on the pitch. You support the team and players at the game. This forum and all forums is like a pub where people air their opinions about players, tactics, etc. It amazes me that people don't understand this and become defensive about players being criticized like it has some kind of influence. Poch is not reading this, I can assure you. Nothing you or I or anyone else says on here has any meaning. Erik Lamela is not reading this. Son is not reading this, anymore than they're evesdropping on conversations in pubs after games.

....Still a dishonest, deluded, arrogant agenda-driven cunt.

Out of interest, how many times do you have to be wrong about Erik Lamela before you admit you don't actually have any idea about his role at the club and how Poch views him?

You're currently at 4.

Out of interest, how many times do you have to be wrong about Erik Lamela before you admit you don't actually have any idea about his role at the club and how Poch views him?

You're currently at 4.

It's definitely more than 4. He said at least 50 times that Lamela would be sold in January, and at least 60 times that he would never play again, at least 20 times that he wouldn't start again and at least 10 times that he wouldn't be registered for the champions league.

It's definitely more than 4. He said at least 50 times that Lamela would be sold in January, and at least 60 times that he would never play again, at least 20 times that he wouldn't start again and at least 10 times that he wouldn't be registered for the champions league.
Ha, I was being nice and giving him 4 for each claim. Not how many times he claimed it. He also claimed he wouldn't start at Juve. So it's 5 actually.

You're currently at 4.

When he gets a new contract, then I'll admit I was wrong. He's currently the only player never to have been given a contract by Poch. If Poch rates and believes in him then why no new and better deal? Yet further ones are being rumoured for Kane, Deli, Eriksen, Son and Verts, but not Lamela. Sissoko's still here because there was no interest in him last Summer. Arguably Lamela's still here because he wasn't sellable in the last two windows because of his injury. We'll see in the Summer. He's recovered from the injury, had some decent game time so is now sellable, so let's see if he is or isn't.

Strangely some think the players & manager actually care what us lot on here think. As though they all login to here after a game to see what we all thought.

He definitely has fan boys on here.

Yeah? Never noticed new posters who joined because he did.

Son has fanboys, and when he leaves they likely won't give a fuck about Spurs. But we knew that when we signed him. Haven't seen a single Argentinian Lamela fan, and I haven't seen a single Lamela fan who likely won't still bleed Spurs when he's no longer with us. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

When he gets a new contract, then I'll admit I was wrong. He's currently the only player never to have been given a contract by Poch. If Poch rates and believes in him then why no new and better deal? Yet further ones are being rumoured for Kane, Deli, Eriksen, Son and Verts, but not Lamela. Sissoko's still here because there was no interest in him last Summer. Arguably Lamela's still here because he wasn't sellable in the last two windows because of his injury. We'll see in the Summer. He's recovered from the injury, had some decent game time so is now sellable, so let's see if he is or isn't.

....Regardless. You WERE wrong on repeated occasions. Suck it up you lying sack of shit!

Well it is good to hear you support all our players.

Just feels like your anti-Lamela agenda has run its course but you keep on banging that drum. I've disliked a few of our players over the years but never as consistently and have been won round at times by their play and desire to better the team.

Yeah? Never noticed new posters who joined because he did.

Son has fanboys, and when he leaves they likely won't give a fuck about Spurs. But we knew that when we signed him. Haven't seen a single Argentinian Lamela fan, and I haven't seen a single Lamela fan who likely won't still bleed Spurs when he's no longer with us. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

It's not how I'd identify a fanboy , nothing to do with nationality.

I love Eric Lamela and so does Poch I suspect and probably at least half the people on this forum !

Back
Top Bottom