Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was just so so good today. Fought for every scrap and was silky smooth with his link up play. Hope to continue to see him step up and be a major contributor to our attacking rotation from here on out.

ucl130218ac.jpg

Thought he was top class last night. Picks up the ball in the hole and plays really nice passes in behind. Feel like as we have Eriksen his passing ability is overlooked sometimes. Always works his bollocks off aswell, glad to have him back

watched the game again and focused on Lamela, he did almost everything right the whole game. Kept possession, very good, very quick passing, excellent positioning, pressed, ran, just everything was seriously good and it's only because it was no neat and tidy that it didn't get noticed like Dembele and Eriksen.

I gave him due credit for coming on and doing well but he's still got some way to go to get to the levels of Kane, Eriksen, Dele or Son. I'd say he's pushing himself ahead of Sissoko but not those 4. And we've yet to see what Moura can do. I just want to see Tottenham win every game, it's not about point scoring between supporters on a forum as some people seem to think it is.

Goal posts moved as always.

You don't deserve nice things.

Poisonous wanker!

I gave him due credit for coming on and doing well but he's still got some way to go to get to the levels of Kane, Eriksen, Dele or Son. I'd say he's pushing himself ahead of Sissoko but not those 4. And we've yet to see what Moura can do. I just want to see Tottenham win every game, it's not about point scoring between supporters on a forum as some people seem to think it is.
He did prove you wrong and most importantly Poch has proved you wrong because he has set Lamela for the CL and Lamela is responding to this by giving his all.

watched the game again and focused on Lamela, he did almost everything right the whole game. Kept possession, very good, very quick passing, excellent positioning, pressed, ran, just everything was seriously good and it's only because it was no neat and tidy that it didn't get noticed like Dembele and Eriksen.

Totally agree. He's got such speed of thought, and he doesn't ever give up. Really puts a shift in defensively, too. I really hope he keeps improving.

He did prove you wrong and most importantly Poch has proved you wrong because he has set Lamela for the CL and Lamela is responding to this by giving his all.

I think Poch said it was Lamela's Italian experience that got him the nod. I think it was also his distrust of Aurier. He's here and is an option for the rest of the season but I haven't changed my mind that I think he'll move on in the Summer. His contract situation dictates that. Eriksen, Dele and Son are still our main men without question and Lucas is yet to show what he can do. If we sign Malcom, which I desperately hope we do, then Lamela is likely to be the man to make way. Sissoko's already pretty much redundant. People will say we can keep everyone but having too many players not getting games is a recipe for discord, plus we have to balance the books unlike other teams.

Back
Top Bottom