Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel sorry for any Spurs player who either a) doesn't hit the ground running and score consistently from the day of their first signing; b) gets injured for anything more than a few weeks.

Some of our fans are idiots.

I feel sorry for any Spurs player who either a) doesn't hit the ground running and score consistently from the day of their first signing; b) gets injured for anything more than a few weeks.

He's been here since 2013 lol and cost £30m, for that kind of money you expect a player with much more ability than what Lamela has to offer. I doubt very much if his PL goals tally is into double figures in that time. Pathetic really, but indicative of his limitations as a player.

Agreed.

Pochettinos Tottenham personified in one human. That's Lamela.

Total myth. Only player in the entire squad not on a contract given by Poch. Winks has been given 3 I think. Remember, he'd have been loaned to Marseille if we'd bought Berahino. If an offer comes in we'll accept it without hesitation.

Total myth. Only player in the entire squad not on a contract given by Poch. Winks has been given 3 I think. Remember, he'd have been loaned to Marseille if we'd bought Berahino. If an offer comes in we'll accept it without hesitation.

Wrong.

He's been here since 2013 lol and cost £30m, for that kind of money you expect a player with much more ability than what Lamela has to offer. I doubt very much if his PL goals tally is into double figures in that time. Pathetic really, but indicative of his limitations as a player.

Sorry the guy has obviously a rediculous amount of ability... there is no doubting that. In Europe the season before last he was very strong for us, yes he has taken time to get used to the PL but come on he's a kid.... we need to be supporting our young purchases as much as we do our own youth team.... who coincidently would probably cost more than 30 million!!

I wonder how many of the haters were also hating on Eriksen and demanding we get rid last year before he suddenly proved to be the marvel he is? Support is what these boys need at a young age!!

Sorry the guy has obviously a rediculous amount of ability... there is no doubting that. In Europe the season before last he was very strong for us, yes he has taken time to get used to the PL but come on he's a kid.... we need to be supporting our young purchases as much as we do our own youth team.... who coincidently would probably cost more than 30 million!!

Sorry, the guy shows a poor football brain slow to assess what next to do, has poor ball control and displays amateurish decision making. But he's good at running back towards his own goal, kicking opponents in the air, having given the ball away again! In Europe when required to step up after the group stage, he didn't have what was needed and was found wanting. The guy is an international. He played in Seria A before coming to us. Not a £30m player and not close with so many deficiencies to being one.

Sorry, the guy shows a poor football brain slow to assess what next to do, has poor ball control and displays amateurish decision making. But he's good at running back towards his own goal, kicking opponents in the air, having given the ball away again! In Europe when required to step up after the group stage, he didn't have what was needed and was found wanting. The guy is an international. He played in Seria A before coming to us. Not a £30m player and not close with so many deficiencies to being one.

I agree he is no where near the finished article but I also think if you look at the games he did make an impact in, he has made some excellent decisions, very well executed passes etc. Yes he is a bit of a prancer and delays passes etc but I think there is a real player in there. Obvs just my onion!

As fans we are entitlrd to our at times myriad points of view but it is obvious that Lamela is a very special player and needs our support. He has obviously been through a lot, personal health, family and loss of people and pet issues and has been suffering. His is still a Spurs player and we stand by our own as it should be.

Lamela has since joining us contributed the following:
A total of 19 goals( prem, efl cup & europa league) and a total of 31 assists (prem, efl cup, europa league, champions league & FA Cup).

Comparatively he's a better assist provider than Son as it stands as of right now where Son has a total of 18 assists for us, but Son has more goals at a total of 34. And considering Coco has been out for almost a complete year and was a player that was guaranteed minutes in every game one way or another it's not farfetched at all to think that his numbers would be similar to Son's/just below had he not been off injured.

It's like comparing Mane and Coutinho. What an absolute shambolic conversation.

Lamela is the better creator. Son is the better scorer. Why are we comparing two Spurs players instead of just praising their strength?

Idiots.

Let's wait to see what he is like when he comes back shall ....

I don't follow Italian football because that's where I expect him to play next. Can we all simply agree to just forget about him until such a time as he either plays again or is sold as we have so many great players it's rather annoying that someone who has contributed relatively little in the four years he's been here, missed most of two seasons, is on the way to missing a large part of a third season, gets so much said about him, while much better players rarely get mentioned.

If, God forbid, he ever does come back in the team, it will truly be shown what a limited player he is. All the fluidity of movement will be disrupted by having a one footed player who's heat map is like a giant carbuncle because he's always drawn to the same areas where his lack of a right foot and limited technique is not exposed, and when we've got used to Eriksen, Son, Kane and Alli seamlessly interchanging positions, running into space, crossing, passing and shooting from all areas of the pitch, to someone who perpetually tries to do the same thing - try and play a through ball from right/central part of the pitch - it'll be a sore awakening for some of his fans.

Also since Alli got sent off, Lamela now holds the record for dirty nasty player who has somehow never seen red. Which is made better by the fact that he looks like a pop star.
Haha this is another reason why I love him. He's a right nasty cunt at times and doesn't mind leaving a foot in. If he wasn't such a polarising player his exploits in the 'Battle of the Bridge' would be the stuff of legends to match Dier's reputation from that game. I still chuckle thinking about his nonchalant stamp on Fabregas' hand.

This is the most categorically incorrect assessment I've seen of a footballer. No football brain? Have you ever seen him play? He sees passes that not even Eriksen could at times, and his decision making can occasionally look poor because he's always choosing the most difficult option, but it's also the option with the most reward. Whenever those choices come off they almost always result in a chance at goal.

<Big snip> and his decision making can occasionally look poor because he's always choosing the most difficult option, but it's also the option with the most reward. Whenever those choices come off they almost always result in a chance at goal.
Brilliant! I wish I could have come up with that excuse in my playing days. All those misplaced passes and shite decisions - and I could have passed them off as the work of a misunderstood footballing genius!

Lamela has since joining us contributed the following:
A total of 19 goals( prem, efl cup & europa league) and a total of 31 assists (prem, efl cup, europa league, champions league & FA Cup).

Comparatively he's a better assist provider than Son as it stands as of right now where Son has a total of 18 assists for us, but Son has more goals at a total of 34. And considering Coco has been out for almost a complete year and was a player that was guaranteed minutes in every game one way or another it's not farfetched at all to think that his numbers would be similar to Son's/just below had he not been off injured.

We bought Lamela in 2013 and Son in 2015 and you are going off gross stats. What a ridiculous post.

By the way, a whopping 8 of those 19 goals are in league play. Son had 14 last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom