Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Over thinking is his problem, he needs to learn to do things instinctively

He always looks for the perfect defence-splitting pass. I can understand why people find it frustrating but that's also why I love to watch him. He will either do something spectacular, like playing a ball that beats 5 defenders, or he'll give it away to the first man. Either way, at least it's positive and forward-thinking.

Contributed considerably to the draw today without actually playing fantastic. Marshalled Rodri well even though it looked like he was getting really frustrated doing that role. Fantastic cross for the assist and brilliant finish to have the composure to see Ederson out of position.

His such an odd player

Never fulfilled his potential, frustrating and inconsistent and yet for the big games against top teams his perfect. He works his backside off, winds them up and creates moments that give us a foothold in the game whether it being a great tackle or a goal like yesterday.

I actually think he should be looking to go to Italy or Spain where he would shine far brighter but I'm happy his at spurs. You can see why Poch trusts him.

This is the engima of Lamela.

Pressure Grealish into giving the ball away for the goal that put us infront at home to Villa. Gets a goal today and an assist when we really needed someone to pop up out of nowhere.
It’s not an enigma. When he stays injury free his form goes up and he starts producing. Then he gets injured and it wrecks his season as he doesn’t seem to get back to base. It’s really very simple.

Question is whether we see a season where he stays injury free.

Contributed considerably to the draw today without actually playing fantastic. Marshalled Rodri well even though it looked like he was getting really frustrated doing that role. Fantastic cross for the assist and brilliant finish to have the composure to see Ederson out of position.
He didn’t give Rodri a second yesterday, probably the main reason he played over Moura. I don’t doubt that Rodri is one of the best midfielders in the league and he ended up being subbed off, the only time he managed to escape from Lamela.

Was it pretty? Glamorous? No. Effective? Oh yes. And he still had time to pass one in from 25 yards.

Gave away a penalty but got away with it
Scored a goal from a weak effort the goalie would have saved 9 out if 10 times
Took a good but not incredibly good corner that took a fantastic header to score
Lost the ball countless times
Was better than all of his colleagues in midfield
5 out of 10 performance in a sea of 3 out of ten performances.

This.

Average peformance, but excellent effort and excellent impact

He didn’t give Rodri a second yesterday, probably the main reason he played over Moura. I don’t doubt that Rodri is one of the best midfielders in the league and he ended up being subbed off, the only time he managed to escape from Lamela.

Was it pretty? Glamorous? No. Effective? Oh yes. And he still had time to pass one in from 25 yards.
Nailed it. He absolutely haunted Rodri until Pep spared him. He is injury plagued but it’s not his fault.
When fit, he is a big game player who shows no fear, is creative & loves to get stuck right in.
I just don’t understand the hate for a player who gives his everything, every time he plays.
2 games.
1 goal
2 assists.
Anyone who wouldn’t take that and give praise is blinded by an agenda.

Nailed it. He absolutely haunted Rodri until Pep spared him. He is injury plagued but it’s not his fault.
When fit, he is a big game player who shows no fear, is creative & loves to get stuck right in.
I just don’t understand the hate for a player who gives his everything, every time he plays.
2 games.
1 goal
2 assists.
Anyone who wouldn’t take that and give praise is blinded by an agenda.
He’s done well in the first two games. Not exceptional, but not shit.

If we’d played Lo Celso instead of him in those games and he’d a goal like that and an assist or two, he’d be the greatest signing since Greaves. But because it’s Lamela, it’s luck or crap opposition. No, it’s an agenda.

He’s done well in the first two games. Not exceptional, but not shit.

If we’d played Lo Celso instead of him in those games and he’d a goal like that and an assist or two, he’d be the greatest signing since Greaves. But because it’s Lamela, it’s luck or crap opposition. No, it’s an agenda.
Exactly. Too many people can’t swallow their pride and give credit where it’s due. It’s like the Sissoko conundrum. I didn’t rate him and still think he is very limited. But I’m happy to say he’s turned it round, made me eat humble pie & long may it continue. A very important squad member. Like Lamela.
It’s all about winning the internet to some people. They will ignore the effort & contribution simply because they can’t face admitting that they got it wrong.
I’ve been wrong hundreds of times on here but will happily admit it. I look back at the first few pages of Poch’s thread every time I think I’m beyond criticism.
It’s all about opinions but as human beings we must surely be able to hold our hands up at times and admit we got it wrong. Pursuing an agenda because you’ve put yourself into a corner is a miserable situation to be in.

Exactly. Too many people can’t swallow their pride and give credit where it’s due. It’s like the Sissoko conundrum. I didn’t rate him and still think he is very limited. But I’m happy to say he’s turned it round, made me eat humble pie & long may it continue. A very important squad member. Like Lamela.
It’s all about winning the internet to some people. They will ignore the effort & contribution simply because they can’t face admitting that they got it wrong.
I’ve been wrong hundreds of times on here but will happily admit it. I look back at the first few pages of Poch’s thread every time I think I’m beyond criticism.
It’s all about opinions but as human beings we must surely be able to hold our hands up at times and admit we got it wrong. Pursuing an agenda because you’ve put yourself into a corner is a miserable situation to be in.

Good to see you still around, fella.... :adesalute:

Never known a player where after every single fucking 90 mins we need a complete assessment of his entire career and whether he should be here

Give it a rest, he’s spurs and scored a cracker yesterday

Bollocks.
He’s nailed his starting spot. It’s for the other squad members to take the shirt from him mate.

I think he deserves to start against Newcastle and have said as much in the Newcastle thread based on his output in the last game.

That doesn't mean that I believe when everyone is fit, he's good enough to start.He's just being rewarded. Just like Vertonghen shouldn't start against Newcastle.

Bollocks.
He’s nailed his starting spot. It’s for the other squad members to take the shirt from him mate.
nailed his starting spot????

he was diabolical against Villa and offered nothing so really shouldnt have started the City game based on performance. Not many players in our first 11 have "nailed their spot" so quit exaggerating.

nailed his starting spot????

he was diabolical against Villa and offered nothing so really shouldnt have started the City game based on performance. Not many players in our first 11 have "nailed their spot" so quit exaggerating.
Really? We all see it differently & im no fanboy. I support the team and whoever wears the shirt. But I think Lamela has had a strong start this season.
Hey ho 👍

Back
Top Bottom