Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gave away a penalty but got away with it
Scored a goal from a weak effort the goalie would have saved 9 out if 10 times
Took a good but not incredibly good corner that took a fantastic header to score
Lost the ball countless times
Was better than all of his colleagues in midfield
5 out of 10 performance in a sea of 3 out of ten performances.

Gave away a penalty but got away with it
Scored a goal from a weak effort the goalie would have saved 9 out if 10 times
Took a good but not incredibly good corner that took a fantastic header to score
Lost the ball countless times
Was better than all of his colleagues in midfield
5 out of 10 performance in a sea of 3 out of ten performances.

That's probably accurate to be fair.

If you take away the goal and assist, he didn't have the best game. BUT he did get that goal and assist in the end.

He was better than Eriksen and Kane in our attack but that's not saying much today. Its good that a player, we'd all probably consider 5th or 6th choice, can pop up with goals and assists in an important game against a big team.

All this shit about Ederson being out of position. There were 3 players between Erik and the goal on the side that he scored. If Ederson had have been central there would have been an easy pass into the other corner on for the goal. People just need to accept it was a fucking good finish by the lad. Proper threaded through the eye of a needle. Came up with the goods when needed today. Well done Coco.

All this shit about Ederson being out of position. There were 3 players between Erik and the goal on the side that he scored. If Ederson had have been central there would have been an easy pass into the other corner on for the goal. People just need to accept it was a fucking good finish by the lad. Proper threaded through the eye of a needle. Came up with the goods when needed today. Well done Coco.
They're just upset a player that was sold in every window since 2014, would never been seen in the new stadium, who Poch hates, and will never be selected in the CL is doing well.

Lamela has destroyed them.

Be honest if Lloris let that in would anybody on here be saying it was a great finish?

They're just upset a player that was sold in every window since 2014, would never been seen in the new stadium, who Poch hates, and will never be selected in the CL is doing well.

Lamela has destroyed them

Why don't you stick to hanging around in the Forum Toilet? You contribute nothing here. You just write inane posts or go from thread to thread trying to antagonize people into engaging with you.

I'd guess he probably took that position because a scouting report of Lamela would suggest he's unlikely to shoot from there and more likely to look for a pass, so that probably came into play, but basic common sense would tell most keepers the bigger danger, regardless of the player, is not to leave such a gap. He did and to his credit Lamela called his bluff and tucked it away well.

I'd guess he probably took that position because a scouting report of Lamela would suggest he's unlikely to shoot from there and more likely to look for a pass, so that probably came into play, but basic common sense would tell most keepers the bigger danger, regardless of the player, is not to leave such a gap. He did and to his credit Lamela called his bluff and tucked it away well.
100% he was thinking I need to cover this side because it’ll be an exceptional/ lucky shot to score to my right in this circumstance. Scouting and prior knowledge of Lamela was not in his mind. It was instinctive. And Erik picked the perfect place. Just say well done and leave it at that.

100% he was thinking I need to cover this side because it’ll be an exceptional/ lucky shot to score to my right in this circumstance. Scouting and prior knowledge of Lamela was not in his mind. It was instinctive. And Erik picked the perfect place. Just say well done and leave it at that.

Honestly, all clubs, City more than most, have dossiers of every player they're likely to face, and what they're likely to do in certain situations. The keeper would not have been in that position had Kane been on the ball, no way. But, fortunately for, it worked out well and Erik got an important goal for us.

Well I think we’ll just have to disagree. I think Ederson was trying to cover the bigger danger. It took an above average odds shot to score on that side. If he had been central in the goal it would have been an easier effort to slot it to the keepers left. As I said, just let Lamela have the glory and move on.

Isn't that 1 goal and 2 assists in the first 2 games, for a player many of you call shite? Not bad.

I come here expecting to see some humble pie only to find people insulting him. Sad. If Eriksen did what Lamela did today people would have their face between his cheeks, "This is why we need to keep him, don't let him go Levy".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom