Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see him have a hand in the opening goal.

Always enjoyed his set pieces.

He took a corner and put it onto a team mates head in the six yard box!

This was pretty much his sole contribution in 70 odd minutes(other than some misplaced passes and trying to dribble out of trouble in his own area). We looked far better when Skipp replaced him.

He didn't make a strong case to be involved in the final, it must be said. He had his brother that had the accident with him on the pitch after the game, which was a nice touch.

Would love to see him getting a run of fitness before we chuck him away. If that is possible of course.
You will not get a better squad player than Lamela so chucking him away should not be an option. He’s a quality player, he played well today as well before he’s slaughtered for no good reason again.

His biggest issue is fitness. I get him being a problem because he is injury prone. I won’t accept him being a problem because he is not good enough as that is not true.

You will not get a better squad player than Lamela so chucking him away should not be an option. He’s a quality player, he played well today as well before he’s slaughtered for no good reason again.

His biggest issue is fitness. I get him being a problem because he is injury prone. I won’t accept him being a problem because he is not good enough as that is not true.
Top post mate.

I've always loved his commitment and he can be a quality player and I've defended him many times.

BUT.......... and it is a big but if he can't keep injury free for long periods he's taking up a valuable (foreign) place in the squad.

I'd give him, maybe, 8 months to stay injury free or ship him out in January

Was heartwarming to see his brother on the pitch at the lap of honour.

When he last had a decent injury free run he made some invaluable contributions in September-November when Sonny was earning his freedom.

Love the guy but my patience is running thin.

Ignore the Lamela haters.

They are just so butthurt they've been destroyed on every level with regards to Lamela (Will never get a new contract, Poch don't rate him despite saying he does, will never play at the new stadium, will never start in important games etc.) they can't see the wood for the trees.

You'll see a pattern in the names of those involved.

Fantastic post.

He can be a good squad option bit as you agree yourself fitness is a massive issue - we've given him many seasons now and he's essentially gone backwards

For the sake of his own career hope he moves on in the summer

Back
Top Bottom