Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The no look throughball to Kane vs Forest. And if you want to claim all his passes were short, late game jobs, prove it. Show me all of them.

A no look pass against a Championship team? Doesn't it say a lot that that's the best you've got to offer? No look passes and rabonas are for testimonials.

Honestly compare Lamela's passing with Kane's and Eriksen's. The range, the speed, the vision is on a different level. Lamela needs time and space to see a pass. They just need an instant and know what they're gonna do before they even receive the ball.

A no look pass against a Championship team? Doesn't it say a lot that that's the best you've got to offer? No look passes and rabonas are for testimonials.

Honestly compare Lamela's passing with Kane's and Eriksen's. The range, the speed, the vision is on a different level. Lamela needs time and space to see a pass. They just need an instant and know what they're gonna do before they even receive the ball.
So, you can’t back up your claims with facts, so it’s back to the bland assertions? Thanks for playing.

Lamela's popularity among fans is incredible and for ages I was one of his biggest fans but people really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

The guy is just simply not good enough to merit the slack he's being afforded. When you see Lamela play, more often than not it really is difficult to come to any conclusion other than 'he's working hard', and while that's all well and good, it's not a something that someone in his position should be getting game time for.

When we strip away the shithousery, realistically he can't beat a man, his shooting is pretty crap, his passing is suspect to say the least, he's weak on the ball, he's slow as fuck, his weird technique and style just doesn't suit the high intensity of the PL, and crucially, he really does posses zero threat to the opposition in an attacking sense. He's scored 14 league goals in 5 seasons. So so poor no matter what way it's dressed up.

Ideally, this Summer we would say adios to Coco and bring in a player at the level of Son and Lucas, for example someone like Neres at Ajax, to replace him, but as others have said his new deal and constant fitness issues means he'll be near impossible to get rid of, so we'll probably be sitting here same time next season having the exact same debate.

I think Lamela and his injuries make a transfer unlikely. That said, I think, when healthy, he offers something, especially in sheer defensive effort in the midfield and ability to get under opponent’s skin when coming off the bench. Let us not forget how fond of Lamela, Wiltshite seemed to be not long ago.

Extremely funny that an injury has caused all of the "I told you so" crew to come out of the woodwork and start jerking each other off. Some of the comments here about Lamela's inability are frankly laughable - and whilst it is a shame for him and his Spurs career that he has been injured for the vast majority of his time with us, it has no bearing at all on his ability and usefulness to Spurs when he is fit.

However continue to bask in the enjoyment you get from finally being 'right all along' because that's all that matters at this point :dembelewtf:

I just did a quick Youtube search for Lamela to remind myself of his ability and what he does bring to the team. Obviously not much to go by in this video as it's labelled 2019 in which he's been mostly injured but the pass at 1:28 is pretty sublime and to whoever was comparing him with Eriksen above, if Eriksen made that pass you'd be jizzing everywhere.

Also to any of you out there who think ability is everything (ahem, Sissoko detractors), just look at the double challenge at 2:05. That is why certain players will always get more slack than those who would never fight for the shirt like that (a certain midfielder in our ranks).

You have to consider at least there’s a silver lining to one of our players suffering an injury.

It’s lovely to see some of our “supporters” getting pleasure out of Lamela not being able to play or reach his potential. Truly gratifying.

I just did a quick Youtube search for Lamela to remind myself of his ability and what he does bring to the team. Obviously not much to go by in this video as it's labelled 2019 in which he's been mostly injured but the pass at 1:28 is pretty sublime and to whoever was comparing him with Eriksen above, if Eriksen made that pass you'd be jizzing everywhere.

Also to any of you out there who think ability is everything (ahem, Sissoko detractors), just look at the double challenge at 2:05. That is why certain players will always get more slack than those who would never fight for the shirt like that (a certain midfielder in our ranks).

Good video and it needed to be shown. He's got class, it's just easy to forget since he's been putting his body on the line a lot.

I'm a big fan of Erik, but can't see him getting back into the side, think the continuous injuries will make it difficult for him. Such a shame, and I still hope I'm wrong, because a fit Lamela would be such a god-send right now.

Very Marmite this guy. Personally never warmed to him. Yes I admire his spirit, but he just slows the game down for me, awkward clumsy technique, and always always takes too many touches.
All that being said, could've done with him past few weeks. But really is time to offload in the summer.

Good editing in that video, you can't see the massive deflection for the Barcelona goal. And if someone didn't know better they wouldn't realise the excessive use of pre season friendly games and early round league cup matches. Hopefully any Chinese buyers won't pick up on that.

Good editing in that video, you can't see the massive deflection for the Barcelona goal. And if someone didn't know better they wouldn't realise the excessive use of pre season friendly games and early round league cup matches. Hopefully any Chinese buyers won't pick up on that.

I picked the first video which just happened to be this season where he’s barely played. If you want to trawl through videos from other seasons then you’ll find less heavily edited footage from more competitive matches.

I think Poch plays him just right - bringing him on with 15 minutes to go, to make the opposition go dizzy - unlike Poch's carthorse-of-a-cousin, Llorente, who just stands around, half asleep, ball-watching.

Extremely funny that an injury has caused all of the "I told you so" crew to come out of the woodwork and start jerking each other off. Some of the comments here about Lamela's inability are frankly laughable - and whilst it is a shame for him and his Spurs career that he has been injured for the vast majority of his time with us, it has no bearing at all on his ability and usefulness to Spurs when he is fit.

However continue to bask in the enjoyment you get from finally being 'right all along' because that's all that matters at this point :dembelewtf:

To add balance there is a circle jerk of the same old faces every time Lamela starts a game against anyone who isnt totally useless

When we strip away the shithousery, realistically he can't beat a man, his shooting is pretty crap, his passing is suspect to say the least, he's weak on the ball, he's slow as fuck, his weird technique and style just doesn't suit the high intensity of the PL, and crucially, he really does posses zero threat to the opposition in an attacking sense. He's scored 14 league goals in 5 seasons. So so poor no matter what way it's dressed up.

Plus he's so left-footed that any midfield/defender worth his salt will force him onto his right.

It's the reason for the rabona. He even knows it.

Back
Top Bottom