Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

August will make the SIXTH anniversary of him arriving. Someone did the arithmetic and calculated that we (on average) got 12 full games per season out of him.

If we didn't need to find replacements for Alderweireld, Eriksen, Dembele, Vorm, Janssen, Nkoudou et al., I'm sure he'd be out the door. We can't sustain too many squad replacements in one summer window, so (regretably) he will probably be here for the 19-20 season.

Good buy or what?

August will make the SIXTH anniversary of him arriving. Someone did the arithmetic and calculated that we (on average) got 12 full games per season out of him.

If we didn't need to find replacements for Alderweireld, Eriksen, Dembele, Vorm, Janssen, Nkoudou et al., I'm sure he'd be out the door. We can't sustain too many squad replacements in one summer window, so (regretably) he will probably be here for the 19-20 season.

Good buy or what?

Bad signing with out doubt same as Lallana for Liverpool

Good buy or what?
Disapointing signing, players get injuried, yes he's been out longer than most but he did have that almost full season out that blows his average games per season. Disapointing because he was made out to be the next big thing but turned out to be workman like

Disapointing signing, players get injuried, yes he's been out longer than most but he did have that almost full season out that blows his average games per season. Disapointing because he was made out to be the next big thing but turned out to be workman like
100%

Savage like and not really any better if at all and Savage rarely got injured.

Last edited:
Thigh problem again. He was in contention for yesterday but someone said his injury flared up again in the warm-up.
He's been out longer than Wanyama now ... instead of shoring up the team this Saturday we'll be relying on Skipp again.

Poch's comments suggest that it's another serious injury, or at least out until the end of the season. I was always fulling in the Lamela camp, even during his last long injury and thought my faith was getting repaid after the start he had to this season, but it's obvious now that its time to sell up (if we can), if we cant rely on him at all throughout the season to be fit when we really need him then we should probably look to upgrade.

Poch's comments suggest that it's another serious injury, or at least out until the end of the season. I was always fulling in the Lamela camp, even during his last long injury and thought my faith was getting repaid after the start he had to this season, but it's obvious now that its time to sell up (if we can), if we cant rely on him at all throughout the season to be fit when we really need him then we should probably look to upgrade.

Unsellable unfortunately. We're stuck with him for the next three years. If we can get through Ajax the prize money would all be used to be pay his wages during that time.

Crazy decision to give him a new contract. We could have let his old one run down and we would have been able to release him at the end of this season and saved a lot of money.

Unsellable unfortunately. We're stuck with him for the next three years. If we can get through Ajax the prize money would all be used to be pay his wages during that time.

Crazy decision to give him a new contract. We could have let his old one run down and we would have been able to release him at the end of this season and saved a lot of money.

He just needs shoving down the pecking order league cup and occasional cameos he's not fit for anything else or we give him away for free there is enough mugs out there.

Big fan of Lamela, very hardworking, lots of grit (and nastiness) despite being a flair player. I thought he had a very good end to last season, and a great start to this one. Unfortunately he can not be relied on for a full season, right now we are threadbare and we need players who can step in. If we could sell and get a replacement of equal quality then I would. I genuinely believe if he wasn’t so injury prone than Pochettino could have turned him into a top player.

I didn't know probably because I never paid too much attention to him or his game, but you were right about him all these past 2-3 years.

also remember you used to get massive abuse for your assessment on him.

Back
Top Bottom