Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fit AND of requisite quality.

If we can get enough from his sale to provide significant upgrade in his position, as is typical of a squad player, it'd be wise in principal to move him on.

I question that likelyhood however.

Sure we can take a punt on the next N'Jie or maybe a champo CM with the proceeds, but i'd rather our summer window went a little like this:

- Chase main targets hard and early
- Sell bonafide deadwood.
- Secondary tinkering (Lamela being a primary example)

What i dont want us to just make the easy sales only to spend 3 months chasing small fry like GKN.

If we are ever to be taken seriously about being a big club then it simply can't be about keeping players because the proceeds from their sale isn't enough to buy a significant upgrade , we should of cut our losses and spend some serious money at this point we've just made more profit than any club has ever made.

If we are ever to be taken seriously about being a big club then it simply can't be about keeping players because the proceeds from their sale isn't enough to buy a significant upgrade , we should of cut our losses and spend some serious money at this point we've just made more profit than any club has ever made.

...Cool! Lets just write all those profits off as losses against viable assets.

No. Not "cool".

Our spending 'image' doesn't concern me as much as the effectiveness of said spending.

You may or may not be one of them, but after we've just got through YEARS of whining about our low wage structure i hold minimal empathy for such nitpicking for the foreseeable.... Are you in the Wanyama or Llorente threads objecting to their salaries multiple times this week too.... Or are they spared such classification when it comes to the image their presence portrays.

When Poch decides he doesn't want to play Erik; rest assured he'll be on the trf list. Until then, may as well look to his upside.

Last edited:
Fit AND of requisite quality.

If we can get enough from his sale to provide significant upgrade in his position, as is typical of a squad player, it'd be wise in principal to move him on.

I question that likelyhood however.

Sure we can take a punt on the next N'Jie or maybe a champo CM with the proceeds, but i'd rather our summer window went a little like this:

- Chase main targets hard and early
- Sell bonafide deadwood.
- Secondary tinkering (Lamela being a primary example)

What i dont want us to just make the easy sales only to spend 3 months chasing small fry like GKN.

I'd be happy to get a fit player who is of similar quality to Lamela - ATM he's our 5th AM (after Dele, Eriksen, Son and Moura) so won't be a world beater and needn't be.

...Cool! Lets just write all those profits off as losses against viable assets.

No. Not "cool".

Our spending 'image' doesn't concern me as much as the effectiveness of said spending.

You may or may not be one of them, but after we've just got through YEARS of whining about our low wage structure i hold minimal empathy for such nitpicking for the foreseeable.... Are you in the Wanyama or Llorente threads objecting to their salaries multiple times this week too.... Or are they spared such classification when it comes to the image their presence portrays.

When Poch decides he doesn't want to play Erik; rest assured he'll be on the trf list. Until then, may as well look to his upside.

I'm supportive of the way the club is ran I just think in Lamela's case his transfer fee would buy us very little because he's not that good and he earns more than he should and he's always injured , that shouldn't be a reason to keep him I'd love to see us cut our losses , I don't think Poch rates Lamela all that highly and Lamela's longevity in the squad is more of a symptom of our current financial strategy than Poch's unwavering faith in Erik Lamela.

I'm supportive of the way the club is ran I just think in Lamela's case his transfer fee would buy us very little because he's not that good and he earns more than he should and he's always injured , that shouldn't be a reason to keep him I'd love to see us cut our losses , I don't think Poch rates Lamela all that highly and Lamela's longevity in the squad is more of a symptom of our current financial strategy than Poch's unwavering faith in Erik Lamela.

....But this sentiment doesn't extend to Vic & Nando?

You 2nd guessing Poch's publicly expressed opinions (backed up by the very payrise in question) is of little weight.

Until Poch proves otherwise; you're wrong.

In the meantime, sell GKN and the 20-30kpw diff. you're quibbling about dissapears off the wage bill.

Last edited:
....But this sentiment does extend to Vic & Nando?

You 2nd guessing Poch's publicly expressed opinions (backed up by the very payrise in question) is of little weight.

Until Poch proves otherwise; you're wrong.

In the meantime, sell GKN and the 20-30kpw diff. you're quibbling about dissapears off the wage bill.

I'm not quibbling about what Lamela's paid so let's not create that lie.

Wanyama same boat needs to go he's past his best and injury prone, llorente don't really care either way not a bad last roll of the dice but easily upgradeable and not relied upon like Lamela anyway GKN needs to go as does Vorm.

Lamela's contract extension was pragmatic ( you can find a more indepth post on this thread if you care enough to look for it) imo Poch's job is to motivate his players so he's going to say nice things about Lamela , and the fact is Lamela is a wonderful player 5% of the time , its clear Poch rates Lamela higher than Vinnie or Nkoudou but not that clear he rates him highly , the fact that none of us know the inner workings of Pochettino's mind means none of this thread holds any weight you do realise that don't you ?

Poch says Lamela is quality = Poch doesn't rate Lamela
Poch starts Lamela in KO CL games = Poch doesn't rate Lamela
Poch starts Lamela v. Chelsea = Poch doesn't rate Lamela
Poch awards Lamela a bumper new contract = Poch doesn't rate Lamela

Poch could literally be cornholing y'all whilst telling you to call him Erik and you'd still say Poch don't rate him.

How funny is delusion?

I'm not quibbling about what Lamela's paid so let's not create that lie.

You replied to a post about Lamela's wages, saying that they were hurting our big club 'image'.

Bollocks. I'm not fostering a "lie".

Point stands. I don't see you making this stand in Vic & Llorente's threads numerous times this week.....

Surely you realise i'm past caring whether we both agree on Lamela the player by now? Thus, your skewed crap about 5% whatever was a bit of waste of keyboard steam.

"What Poch really thinks is...."

Go, Team Psychic!!! :freundgoal:

You replied to a post about Lamela's wages, saying that they were hurting our big club 'image'.

Bollocks. I'm not fostering a "lie".

Point stands. I don't see you making this stand in Vic & Llorente's threads numerous times this week.....

Surely you realise i'm past caring whether we both agree on Lamela the player by now? Thus, your skewed crap about 5% whatever was a bit of waste of keyboard steam.

"What Poch really thinks is...."

Go, Team Psychic!!! :freundgoal:

More lies

Oh, goddamn. I have defended Coco here for so many times. On few occasions already I took out the "I told you so!" banner when he was doing fine... But I have to admit - he is not dependable, offers too little all in all plus well... At 27 either of those facts are unlikely to change.

Just checked - 15/16 was the last season when he played more than 1500 minutes (which is less than 17 full games - only fracture of the full season). For 3rd season in a row and total 4th out of 6 he just can't be relied upon. Take now for example - Kane injured, Alli injured, Eriksen in questionable form - really could use in form Coco.... Buuuuut we cannot. Injured. Again.

Love his attitude, passion and technique, but just seems that it is time to look for an alternative. Though there are more pressing issues in squad (and would not be too bothered with him staying either).

Not got too many problems with it.

We offer players new deals all the time. Lamela signed his. Eriksen and Alderweireld weren't willing to double their wages.

Sissoko at 95k a week though.

:llorisunsure:

Worth every penny

Back
Top Bottom