Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look try a different thread.,. Be pro-Spurs somewhere ... predict a formation ... a score line .., bloody anything than just sat on this thread killing everyone yet again. Be a supporter rather than a constant Lamela detractor... because that's all I see you as

He's a West Ham T.V. enthusiast.

You can understand why he's not pro-Spurs.

You asked (and helpfully pointed me in Google's direction)

It took me 30 seconds to find that. I'm sure there are others, but as I say, life's too short.

Not for some on here

:pocheyes:

Unless you’re saying that AMs aren’t supposed to score?

Lmfao

Last edited:
Lamela gets perhaps more than most.

I'm not sure that's true.

Winks (remember the crowd groans from too many sideways/backwards passes). Llorente in his first couple of games in this recent spell. Sissoko, Trippier, Aurier, Janssen, Lloris, Soldado... the list goes on.

In my view it's OK (and required on a forum) to criticise poor performances, as long as it's rational and backed up with observations (not stats or compilation videos) if it's balanced up with praise when they do well.

The problem we have here is that the Lamela contingent (and if this is your position, then we should all respect it - as you should respect the doubters' position) home in on the negative comments and treat them as personal insults. There then ensues an almighty bun-fight where rational debate is suspended, and personal insults fly around like confetti (rather like Brexit!)

Yeah, what bollocks.

Everyone in the OMTs gets some kind of abuse when theyre not performing. Maybe Kane and Vertonghen are immune but Son shouldn't be when he has a poor game or should be scoring a chance.

Lamela gets perhaps more than most.

If we are talking about criticisms, yes I agree and even Kane shouldn't be an exception if he doesn't perform up to his standards. No one is bigger than the club. But we are talking about throwing abuse at players during the game, such as "brainless" "crap" "dogshit".

Imagine, if there was a match thread full of people posting abuse at players, would it be fun? We are supporters. We are supposed to support the team, the players. If you find some issues, you can point them out during the game. or discuss it in detail later on after the game's finished. But what's the point of saying this player's crap or shit or what-not when it's not even halfway through? We are also talking about a player who practically carried us through the injury crisis since Kane got injured.

So much appreciation and patience from supporters. You only had to wait 45 minutes.

I agree fully with this post. Your points are well made and are completely reasonable. However, buried away is this:
We are also talking about a player who practically carried us through the injury crisis since Kane got injured.

No he didn't. Son, Llorente, Lloris, Winks etc? He didn't 'practically carry us through', the entire team (including him) did - and great credit should be given to them collectively.

I agree fully with this post. Your points are well made and are completely reasonable. However, buried away is this:

No he didn't. Son, Llorente, Lloris, Winks etc? He didn't 'practically carry us through', the entire team (including him) did - and great credit should be given to them collectively.

I didn't mention other players because my post was in direct reply to his particular comment on Son's performance and I wanted to make a point about him in particular. He did contribute a lot in our recent games, and all we had to do was give him or other players more time.

The second half saw our players stepping up and dominating the game. When a player is having a bad game, we say "he is giving the ball away too often", or "his first touch is bad" and certainly shouldn't resort to "crap", "brainless" "dumb" just because they didn't perform up to their standards for the whole 90 minutes. If they can't shout those things to players at Wembley, then they shouldn't certainly be doing it on this forum or think players deserve them in any way.

I personally don't understand why this topic has ended up on Lamela's thread, but it has. So there is my opinion.

Last edited:
Fantastic post. I've highlighted this issue previously. Nearly every match day thread Son is subjected to abuse "crap, brainless, garbage." Are the usual derogatory comments. And they come almost exclusively the radical fringe of the Lamela hyper fan community. Sadly we've even seen incidence of it taking place within the stadium.

The more moderate members of the community need to try and reign in the fanatics I feel.

I tend to avoid match threads, but surely this doesn't happen?

Who is posting this shite, if only so I can put them in the 'absolute fucking weapon' category.

I tend to avoid match threads, but surely this doesn't happen?

Who is posting this shite, if only so I can put them in the 'absolute fucking weapon' category.

I am not sure about Son receiving the most abuse, but it is certainly the case for other players on the last match thread:

bus-conductor, 14 Feb 2019
New

Cunt
Yeah, useless cunt Moura
------------------
Totti, 14 Feb 2019
New

Lucas is fucking gash.------------------
Totti, 14 Feb 2019
New

Sanchez is a mess.
Get him off for Rose.​

Added to this Totti said Son was crap, and I give up here now. There is like 50 more odd pages after this but I won't bother. This is disgraceful. One misplaced pass, then these comments. And I see other people calling them out but this seems to have continued.

I am not sure about Son receiving the most abuse, but it is certainly the case for other players on the last match thread:

New

Cunt
Yeah, useless cunt Moura
------------------
Totti, 14 Feb 2019
New

Totti, 14 Feb 2019
New

Sanchez is a mess.
Get him off for Rose.​

Added to this Totti said Son was crap, and I give up here now. There is like 50 more odd pages after this but I won't bother. This is disgraceful. One misplaced pass, then these comments. And I see other people calling them out but this seems to have continued.
Do you burst into tears any time you are inside a stadium at a football game?

This is a football forum. Match day threads echo match day reactions.

Grow a pair.

I bet you find a ratio of 10:1 of good/bad comments on Son.

Stuff like that constitutes a vast minority of all the comments in match threads.

Son is idolised and it shows.

New

Cunt
Yeah, useless cunt Moura
------------------
Totti, 14 Feb 2019
New

Totti, 14 Feb 2019
New

Sanchez is a mess.
Get him off for Rose.​

I mean there's a clear difference between calling Son crap and saying he was crap.

He was crap. It wasn't one misplaced pass. It was a total lack of involvement and when he was involved if he wasn't offside he was giving the ball away. Considering he's the guy we needed to step up, he didn't in that first half.

Luckily he and the team stepped it up in the second half.

Welcome to the fighting cock forum. Sadly for you it won't be all sunshine and rainbows here. If you'd like that you should probably fuck off to SC or some other garbage forum.

I mean there's a clear difference between calling Son crap and saying he was crap.

He was crap. It wasn't one misplaced pass. It was a total lack of involvement and when he was involved if he wasn't offside he was giving the ball away. Considering he's the guy we needed to step up, he didn't in that first half.

Luckily he and the team stepped it up in the second half.

Welcome to the fighting cock forum. Sadly for you it won't be all sunshine and rainbows here. If you'd like that you should probably fuck off to SC or some other garbage forum.

Thank you for the name calling - and mind you, I am not just talking about one comment from you. You've been doing this quite a lot by the looks of it.

I don't care who you are throwing abuse at, be it Son, Moura, or Llorente. I will say it again, I don't appreciate some of your abusive comments and hope you'd rather stop doing it. If you wish to keep carrying on like this, I won't stop you. But let it be said that, based on some of the other people's reactions, this kind of behavior is not always well-received.

We, as the users of the forum, are the ones who set the standards of this forum. You can't simply say I should "fuck off" just because I didn't agree with some of the things you've said.

Thank you for the name calling - and mind you, I am not just talking about one comment from you. You've been doing this quite a lot by the looks of it.

I don't care who you are throwing abuse at, be it Son, Moura, or Llorente. I will say it again, I don't appreciate some of your abusive comments and hope you'd rather stop doing it. If you wish to keep carrying on like this, I won't stop you. But let it be said that, based on some of the other people's reactions, this kind of behavior is not always well-received.

We, as the users of the forum, are the ones who set the standards of this forum. You can't simply say I should "fuck off" just because I didn't agree with some of the things you've said.

Well said that man. The Fighting Cock is an open forum that anyone can read. You're representing Spurs fans when you post here, and when all you do is post abusive comments and gifs of animals having sex in a youth player thread, then the image of Spurs fans you present to the world isn't great. If we were doing very badly, you'd expect a lot of in fighting, players taking a lot of grief etc. but that's hardly the case, is it?

It does happen no necessarily about Son now but you would find plenty of that if you want through all the match threads son's played in , Sissoko ,Trippier ,Dele Hugo , Aurier it's every match thread.
I'm talking about Son.

Obviously abuse happens, it's match-day football.

Lamela gets more than everyone.

If you get offended by people exclaiming ''you're shit'' after missing an open goal, maybe this isn't the sport for you.

There is a difference between heat of the moment slagging and systematic, considered abuse of which your buddy NW1Spur NW1Spur is chief.

He made light of Lamela's mental health and accused him of being a cokehead.

But yea, ride on his coat tail about Son, lads.

Well said that man. The Fighting Cock is an open forum that anyone can read. You're representing Spurs fans when you post here, and when all you do is post abusive comments and gifs of animals having sex in a youth player thread, then the image of Spurs fans you present to the world isn't great. If we were doing very badly, you'd expect a lot of in fighting, players taking a lot of grief etc. but that's hardly the case, is it?
So much for having me on ignore. Saw those cats going at it, did ya? Get ya hot? Took you a day to press ''show ignored content''. Next time, I'm sure I'll be on ignore for good.

:pocheyes:

FYI, Marcus Edwards is 20, and no longer a youth player.

tenor.gif

You're on the wrong forum.

I'm talking about Son.

Obviously abuse happens, it's match-day football.

Lamela gets more than everyone.

If you get offended by people exclaiming ''you're shit'' after missing an open goal, maybe this isn't the sport for you.

There is a difference between heat of the moment slagging and systematic, considered abuse of which your buddy NW1Spur NW1Spur is chief.

He made light of Lamela's mental health and accused him of being a cokehead.

But yea, ride on his coat tail about Son, lads.

I'm not offended just find it a bit rich how upset some get over lamela critism on this thread when abuse is rife on other threads.

I'm not offended just find it a bit rich how upset some get over lamela critism on this thread when abuse is rife on other threads.
And I find it a bit rich how upset you got about gammon as opposed to all the other bullshit.

If this forum is full of one thing, it's hypocrites.

Lamela can be criticised, he has his entire Spurs career. What the cat fucker does is something entirely different.

And I find it a bit rich how upset you got about gammon as opposed to all the other bullshit.

If this forum is full of one thing, it's hypocrites.

Lamela can be criticised, he has his entire Spurs career. What the cat fucker does is something entirely different.

It's pointless entertaining you when you constantly change the narrative or context and wtf is a cat fucker?

Back
Top Bottom