Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This conversation has spun into the truly bizarre!

Lamela's primary role is 'not to score goals' I can't get my head around this statement.

Bringing into the discussion Zaha and Makelele has addled my brain.

Are you sure you've not re-read your original statement, realised how dumb it was, and are now trying to muddy the water?
Do you have special needs?

Lamela's tactical instructions when coming on are to hassle the weary legs of the opposition defence who've been battered by DESK. Recover the ball. Keep possession to see out the game. We are generally winning games.

That is evident if you watch.

Do you have special needs?

Lamela's tactical instructions when coming on are to hassle the weary legs of the opposition defence who've been battered by DESK. Recover the ball. Keep possession to see out the game. We are generally winning games.

That is evident if you watch.

Well it started off well, and has now descended into emotive language (not that there's anything wrong with being 'special needs')

Of course you know what Jesus Perez's final words to Lamela are before coming on "If that open goal beckons, check back and slide it to Harry... no, not that Harry... it's not your primary job to score.

Not that I agree with NW1Spur because like I've said I think Lamela is a good squad player and an asset that we can benefit from having around but I've seen this blind following from few that has been defending Lamela at the cost of bringing other players down (namely Son) and now there is Lucas which is just as blinding as some of the hate Lamela has been getting.

Folks, can we all please desist from mindlessly comparing players and slating them off? We, as fans, should back up the club's decision when it comes to players. We can all go on about why the club should invest more money and sign someone but I don't like people coming out and saying who's a better player and what-not with stats personally. We can use those numbers to praise our players but when it comes to their actual contribution, it's very hard to just rely on stats as players contribute in ways that cannot be measured in numbers.

Lucas might not come good, but what does that have anything to do with Lamela's potential as a player? It has been always one player or another getting compared to Lamela in the context of evaluating Lamela as a player and I just don't see the point. I personally feel Son has been a victim of this as well, I am not talking about this forum in general but other places have had people that actively attack him for no reason (even when he was having a good spell) to claim that Lamela's more important.

Even Ryan Mason has been one of them. I believe he's still one of our coaches. I don't think it's very appropriate as someone still working for the club to talk on the radio and praise certain players above others so publicly. He was asked why Lamela was starting over Son in big games - and his answer was that Lamela has great work ethic and is passionate and I appreciate Lamela's passion and his commitment. I love him for it, and his "shithousery" as they say on the pitch is awesome to witness as we lack that kind of character in our squad. But Does Son lack passion? Commitment? Work rate? How about other players?

This is the kind of debate and argument that I don't like to see and Lucas's name has been brought up recently and I am sensing something similar is happening again on this thread.

I say, Lamela deserves a second chance then we should also give Lucas another chance and stop slagging him off so much as he's been with us only 1 and 1/2 seasons. Some would argue that Lucas deserves it more than Lamela as Lamela has been with us for almost 6 years.

If people would still like to debate whether or not Lucas is good enough for us, then they should move it to Lucas's thread.
Totally agree, couldn't have put it better myself!

Well it started off well, and has now descended into emotive language (not that there's anything wrong with being 'special needs')

Of course you know what Jesus Perez's final words to Lamela are before coming on "If that open goal beckons, check back and slide it to Harry... no, not that Harry... it's not your primary job to score.
I'm unsurprised you don't know the difference between primary and only.

Not that I agree with NW1Spur because like I've said I think Lamela is a good squad player and an asset that we can benefit from having around but I've seen this blind following from few that has been defending Lamela at the cost of bringing other players down (namely Son) and now there is Lucas which is just as blinding as some of the hate Lamela has been getting.

Folks, can we all please desist from mindlessly comparing players and slating them off? We, as fans, should back up the club's decision when it comes to players. We can all go on about why the club should invest more money and sign someone but I don't like people coming out and saying who's a better player and what-not with stats personally. We can use those numbers to praise our players but when it comes to their actual contribution, it's very hard to just rely on stats as players contribute in ways that cannot be measured in numbers.

Lucas might not come good, but what does that have anything to do with Lamela's potential as a player? It has been always one player or another getting compared to Lamela in the context of evaluating Lamela as a player and I just don't see the point. I personally feel Son has been a victim of this as well, I am not talking about this forum in general but other places have had people that actively attack him for no reason (even when he was having a good spell) to claim that Lamela's more important.

Even Ryan Mason has been one of them. I believe he's still one of our coaches. I don't think it's very appropriate as someone still working for the club to talk on the radio and praise certain players above others so publicly. He was asked why Lamela was starting over Son in big games - and his answer was that Lamela has great work ethic and is passionate and I appreciate Lamela's passion and his commitment. I love him for it, and his "shithousery" as they say on the pitch is awesome to witness as we lack that kind of character in our squad. But Does Son lack passion? Commitment? Work rate? How about other players?

This is the kind of debate and argument that I don't like to see and Lucas's name has been brought up recently and I am sensing something similar is happening again on this thread.

I say, Lamela deserves a second chance then we should also give Lucas another chance and stop slagging him off so much as he's been with us only 1 and 1/2 seasons. Some would argue that Lucas deserves it more than Lamela as Lamela has been with us for almost 6 years.

If people would still like to debate whether or not Lucas is good enough for us, then they should move it to Lucas's thread.

Fantastic post. I've highlighted this issue previously. Nearly every match day thread Son is subjected to abuse "crap, brainless, garbage." Are the usual derogatory comments. And they come almost exclusively the radical fringe of the Lamela hyper fan community. Sadly we've even seen incidence of it taking place within the stadium.

The more moderate members of the community need to try and reign in the fanatics I feel.

Fantastic post. I've highlighted this issue previously. Nearly every match day thread Son is subjected to abuse "crap, brainless, garbage." Are the usual derogatory comments. And they come almost exclusively the radical fringe of the Lamela hyper fan community. Sadly we've even seen incidence of it taking place within the stadium.

The more moderate members of the community need to try and reign in the fanatics I feel.
Everything you have put in this post is wrong

We as a fan base are behind Son; his ability
his personality
And for him against any prejudice he receives from opposing fans

I've never come across such a fanatic anti-spurs player campaign as orchestrated by you with regards Lamela

You were tiresome back then and you've returned and bored us all straight from the off

Some achievement

Yeah, what bollocks.

Everyone in the OMTs gets some kind of abuse when theyre not performing. Maybe Kane and Vertonghen are immune but Son shouldn't be when he has a poor game or should be scoring a chance.

Lamela gets perhaps more than most.

This is a ridiculous post.

Just fuck off. No one wants you here.

Look at the reaction of most posters since you've come crawling back and take the hint.

So a post that asks not to play off players against one another, which you've called fantastic, you've responded by playing of Son and Lamela off against each other.

You must be the loneliest man alive.

We as a fan base are behind Son; his ability
his personality
And for him against any prejudice he receives from opposing fans

I've never come across such a fanatic anti-spurs player campaign as orchestrated by you with regards Lamela

You were tiresome back then and you've returned and bored us all straight from the off

Some achievement

Sorry but it's true. I remember the Korean posters mentioning it before, because obviously they pick up on everything to do with him.

Just had a look at the Dortmund thread, oh look:

Son has been crap.

And there's worse than that but I haven't got the time to dig through for it. But it needs confronting. If it was a said about a bad player, fair enough, but the guy's world class and has been incredible for us. Yet two games without a goal and he's "streaky". And it's always the same particular group of posters.

And there's worse than that but I haven't got the time to dig through for it. But it needs confronting. If it was a said about a bad player, fair enough, but the guy's world class and has been incredible for us. Yet two games without a goal and he's "streaky". And it's always the same particular group of posters.

Well he had been crap though. Poor touches, gave the ball away and far from what we had seen from him in previous weeks.

Luckily, he and the rest of the team stepped it up in the second half and put out one of the great Pochettino-Spurs performnces.

"It needs confronting" - Who the fuck are you? The forum police? Grow up you doyle.

Sorry but it's true. I remember the Korean posters mentioning it before, because obviously they pick up on everything to do with him.

Just had a look at the Dortmund thread, oh look:

Look try a different thread.,. Be pro-Spurs somewhere ... predict a formation ... a score line .., bloody anything than just sat on this thread killing everyone yet again. Be a supporter rather than a constant Lamela detractor... because that's all I see you as

Look try a different thread.,. Be pro-Spurs somewhere ... predict a formation ... a score line .., bloody anything than just sat on this thread killing everyone yet again. Be a supporter rather than a constant Lamela detractor... because that's all I see you as

Listen, I always thought you were an OK poster. Disagree on things but do it politely. And I'm happy I've made you aware of this issue and I trust you to look out for it in the future. Son should be on a pedestal in my opinion. Beyond reproach. He brings so much revenue to the club he probably plays for free effectively. And we'll probably be able to sell him when he past his peak to a Chinese club for an insane fee which will part fund the stadium. On top of that he's becoming an Incredible player, a match winner. One of the most important signings in our recent history.

Back
Top Bottom