Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes: Son was run into the ground during the Asian Games and those friendlies which he never should have played, stupid decision still he is no doubt in recovery mode! So I reckon that when Spurs click properly we will just kick some arse big time!

Yes, I agree that this has been one of the factors. But the run stretches deep into last season.
Last time he scored was 11.03.2018.
Since then he has given 3 assists in 1026 minutes on the field for us scoring none. Out of those minutes, 613 minutes (majority) was played in last season. *

I mean, I knew his form was grim, but now that I checked bit deeper it got even way worse. Almost frightening.

Ofc, as it is mentioned- Son is quite hot-or-cold player.
Last season in EPL, within 14 first (7 starts) games he scored 2 goals.
Then he hit the patch and between gameweeks 15-23 (that is 9 games which he all started) 6 goals and 3 assists.
And then in remaining 15 games (11 starts) scored 4 (in 2 goals in 2 following games at that) and assisted 2.*

So I'd say that until he gets back into shape we have to play Lamela as much as Coco's fitness lets us. And when Son hits the form, then use him until it lasts and then reverse?

* I will post the parts about Son that I just dag out to his thread as well

Yes, I agree that this has been one of the factors. But the run stretches deep into last season.
Last time he scored was 11.03.2018.
Since then he has given 3 assists in 1026 minutes on the field for us scoring none. Out of those minutes, 613 minutes (majority) was played in last season. *

I mean, I knew his form was grim, but now that I checked bit deeper it got even way worse. Almost frightening.

Ofc, as it is mentioned- Son is quite hot-or-cold player.
Last season in EPL, within 14 first (7 starts) games he scored 2 goals.
Then he hit the patch and between gameweeks 15-23 (that is 9 games which he all started) 6 goals and 3 assists.
And then in remaining 15 games (11 starts) scored 4 (in 2 goals in 2 following games at that) and assisted 2.*

So I'd say that until he gets back into shape we have to play Lamela as much as Coco's fitness lets us. And when Son hits the form, then use him until it lasts and then reverse?

* I will post the parts about Son that I just dag out to his thread as well

I think I mentioned it before somewhere but if we can get Lamela, Lucas, Son, Del Boy & Eriksen notching 10 goals this season and Harry does his thing with 25 odd slapped away, a target I think is more than realistic and if anything underselling a few on that list, we'll be in great shape. Aall still got c40 games to do so.

What we know now is that if one of those 10+ goal players mentioned aren't pulling their weight, that we have genuine players who can and will come in to stir some shit up. I'm intrigued as to how the season will pan out and who'll inevitably take their chance good and proper

Love his heart and his passion as always. REALLY should have scored though. Perhaps just took his eye off the ball and tried to leather it into the back of the net but I won't blame him for the reason we didn't get a point because the pitch didn't help anyone.

Give him a rest in the week and back in the starting line up against a tough Wolves side. Can't wait to see him, Dele and Eriksen back in the starting line up again.

The miss showed why he is just a squad player. A good squad player but until he can finish consistently he shouldn’t start when we are healthy.

Edit: lamela fanboys are obnoxious.

Last edited:
The miss showed why he is just a squad player. A good squad player but until he can finish consistently he shouldn’t start when we are healthy

If anything, the miss showed that we need to get the fuck away from Wembley and it's NFL sharing pitch as soon as possible.

If anything, the miss showed that we need to get the fuck away from Wembley and it's NFL sharing pitch as soon as possible.
Agreed. This place is beginning to become unbearable...fan base has turned cringey-goonerish in the past few seasons. Lamela has contributed 6 goals and 3 assists in 450 odd minutes - 1 direct goal contribution every 50 minutes of match time. One miss and people can't wait to come out of the woodwork to throw shite on him.

Really sad the way a large number of supporters are acting these days.

The miss showed why he is just a squad player. A good squad player but until he can finish consistently he shouldn’t start when we are healthy

Looks a very bad miss, and it was, but watch the slow motion and the ball doesn't bounce evenly but rather up onto the top of his boot ... not 100% an excuse but probably 50% of one ....

The best lineup I have seen the past few years is Kane, Son, Eriksen, and Alli. (Moura can be in here too)

When we have these 4 attacking, we are very dangerous. Lamela offers a lot of creativity and has been in good form but we lose a lot of pace and speed and our attack lags when we play against a very strong midfield. (He should be used as a tactical sub or start against "certain teams")

Back
Top Bottom