Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally different game situation. Newcastle were seeking an equaliser and pushed a lot of players forward, hence acres of space. Son has come on in situations like that and caused mayhem, scored goals and sown games up.

The biggest test is the ability to affect the game when we're level or behind. Son scores bucket loads of opening and equalising goals and creates things out of nothing by taking people on, getting crosses in and drawing fouls. Dele and Eriksen the same.

I'm pretty sure Lamela has not managed to score or create more than 5 league goals in open play before the 60th minute in his entire time at Spurs. That's a daming inditment of his ineffectiveness.

People often compare him with Son but overlook the fact he doesn't get anywhere near challenging Dele or Eriksen for a place. We need a player to push them more. Dele went through a difficult spell but he didn't get dropped because there was no better option, and we need alternatives to him and Eriksen.
That's true. If lamela had started & kept the ball well then newcastle wouldn't have cared as long as it remained 0-0.

Your words, not mine...

You're right tho', I'm not stupid.

Your original comment was however either a) stupid, b) hyperbole or c) trolling....

(My money's on B!)

Not sure what this abstract appropriation of the word "level" is meant to suggest.. Not much clearer what you meant at this juncture either.

If you're saying United were collectively at a higher level than we are now, sure, but that only emphasizes the original point that there's room in our squad for a player with Lamela's quality if an (arguably) mildy better player is good enough for Fergies Utd in their pomp.

Park ji Sung was at a much higher level than Erik Lamela is now when he was at Man Utd simply put a higher caliber of player hopefully that clarifys my position

I've already conceded to Totti that he was right that if Ferguson kept on Anderson and I guess Fletcher like someone else suggested then it is plausible that he would have kept Lamela had Lamela been at his disposal but that's hardly a ringing endorsement because you could argue the case for Mason Bentaleb and Livermore in the same way.

It'll be Moura next season. Geeza is gonna light it up.

In that post you show why you're not a great judge of players. Like Lamela, you assume he's a great player because:

1) Cost a lot of money
2) Is South American
3) Was highly rated in his youth
4) Has an exotic sounding name

You told us he was going to be this amazing player while I expressed reservations, these are being born out sadly, and he seems to be going the same way as Njie and Nkoudou, who barely played before being shipped out. Still time for him but it's not looking good.

And people like me who simply judge on what they see without prejudice are arguing against an idealised view of Lamela based on preconceptions. I.e. He must be good because he's Argentinian, cost £30 million and Barcelona wanted to sign him when he was a kid, and everything good he does becomes a confirmation bias affirmation of your beliefs and makes you blind to his shortcomings.

In Malcom, Leon Bailey and Nabil Fekir, there's three highly promising, young left footed attacking players who could be a big upgrade on Lamela and it defies logic how anyone could not want us to sign one of those and replace Lamela.

Son can also actually strike a ball without sliding into it. Every time Lamela shoots he slide tackles the ball

He actually topples backwards nearly every time he tries to strike a ball with power and then sometimes slips forward. He's one of the most unbalanced footballers I've ever seen. I think it's because his centre of gravity is quite high as his torso is disproportionately long. I don't think he ever became the player he promised in his youth because he grew too tall. He'd be a better player if he were 5ft9 or so.

He actually topples backwards nearly every time he tries to strike a ball with power and then sometimes slips forward. He's one of the most unbalanced footballers I've ever seen. I think it's because his centre of gravity is quite high as his torso is disproportionately long. I don't think he ever became the player he promised in his youth because he grew too tall. He'd be a better player if he were 5ft9 or so.

He'd be a better player if his name was Park Ji Sung

In that post you show why you're not a great judge of players. Like Lamela, you assume he's a great player because:

1) Cost a lot of money
2) Is South American

You told us he was going to be this amazing player while I expressed reservations, these are being born out sadly, and he seems to be going the same way as Njie and Nkoudou, who barely played before being shipped out. Still time for him but it's not looking good.

And people like me who simply judge on what they see without prejudice are arguing against an idealised view of Lamela based on preconceptions. I.e. He must be good because he's Argentinian, cost £30 million and Barcelona wanted to sign him when he was a kid, and everything good he does becomes a confirmation bias affirmation of your beliefs and makes you blind to his shortcomings.

In Malcom, Leon Bailey and Nabil Fekir, there's three highly promising, young left footed attacking players who could be a big upgrade on Lamela and it defies logic how anyone could not want us to sign one of those and replace Lamela.
Actually I said he's great because I watched a lot of his games at PSG.

I'm not surprised you're downtredding a player prematurely though. It's all you do. Make yourself look a fool.

Lucas Moura is a great player. But as I, and Poch himself, told you, he will take time to acclimatise. He played like 6 games in 10 months before joining us.

Don't chat shit about my knowledge of Moura on some preconceived bullshit you concocted. I can post you full games where Moura has murdered defences.

Your xenophobic bullshit about exotic names and South America can do one. A player can be good from anywhere you chief.

1) Cost a lot of money
2) Is South American

You'll get ridiculed and rack up loads of disagrees for this but I agree if Lamela was exactly the same player he is now but he wasn't on Transworld sport when he was 12 wasn't hyped to fuck as a teenager and didn't come with a fucking great transfer fee many would find far less positives from his performances as they do now. He had a good game against Chelsea is supposed to grant him immunity from critism so what Nader Chadli had a far better game than Lamela has ever had against aafar better Chelsea once , Sissoko was fantastic against Madrid , the double standards and cherry picking when it comes to Lamela are crazy.

Actually I said he's great because I watched a lot of his games at PSG.

I'm not surprised you're downtredding a player prematurely though. It's all you do. Make yourself look a fool.

Lucas Moura is a great player. But as I, and Poch himself, told you, he will take time to acclimatise. He played like 6 games in 10 months before joining us.

Don't chat shit about my knowledge of Moura on some preconceived bullshit you concocted. I can post you full games where Moura has murdered defences.

Your xenophobic bullshit about exotic names and South America can do one. A player can be good from anywhere you chief.

You're just showing your poor reading skills again. That's not what I said and anyone with a GCSE in English higher than an F can see that.

THE ENDING OF NW1Spur NW1Spur : PART TWO

With Moura coming this window he's certain to go. Only the most blinkered of fans wouldn't see that.

Of course, WE are the blinkered ones.

Erik Lamela stays through a window that NW1 suggested he would leave in and is added to the Champions League squad NW1 said he would not be added to.

Poch claims 'painful' choice to drop Juan Foyth wasn't just his decision

So from reading that it sounds like it was a straight choice between Foyth and Lamela, the Head Scout and Poch wanting Foyth in and Levy and the "administration" (the money men) wanting Lamela in, as it would reduce his transfer value if he were ommitted (case in point being Moura) and the reality is that neither will probably play much so putting Lamela in made better financial sense. It wasn't a football decision because there's too many players ahead of both.

According to NW1, Poch was forced by Levy to add Lamela. And that Lamela wouldn't be playing much.

Lamela then starts at the first opportunity in the CL away to Juve. Did Levy force him to start him too? Levy is interfering with team selection?

The "painful" decision clearly revolved around retaining Foyth in the squad or bringing Lamela into it, who had been ommitted from the Group Stage squad even though he was on course to be fit for the latter games. There was clearly a very high up meeting about it, and Poch found the outcome "painful".

See above. It was so painful he selected him at first opportunity. We go on...

Ok, and maybe when Lamela doesn't start against Liverpool, Woolwich or Juventus.

I'm gonna avoid referencing Lamela from now on because he's not really doing anything worthy of talking about and it's just the same old arguments and Lamela isn't going to play enough to even have a debate about, but that won't stop the same old posters telling us how skillful he is, the most skillful player at the club apparently, how he's Poch's main man and his embodiment on the pitch.

This is just a cacophony of wrong. Starts v. Juventus, NW1 hasn't shutup about him despite his own promises, Lamela has played enough for him to break his own promise and he is the same old poster.

Lamela as an option in important games ahead Eriksen, Dele or Son? Absolutely no chance

NO CHANCE! Lamela starts away v. Juventus and Chelsea. Important games right?

It's not enough to "get it". You would "get it" if you played for Spurs but that doesn't mean you should. The last two starts he had in the PL before his injury were away to Bournemouth and West Brom. He was the worst attacking player in each game. I see no improvement. What does he bring ahead of Son? Virtually nothing. He doesn't impact the game. As a back up to Dele or Alli he's fine but playing him wide he's pointless, on either side, especially when we have a player the quality of Son and now Moura.

I hope Poch learnt a lesson today and doesn't repeat this mistake. When we dominate possession against a team that has ten men behind the ball, Lamela offers nothing, never has.

This is a post that was inspired by Erik Lamela simply tweeting ''It is an honour to play for this great club''.

NW1 used a Spurs player showing admiration for our club to attack him and downtred him. Shameful.

I cannot stay quiet when it could cost us points and cause us to miss out on the CL. I called it the moment the team was announced yesterday and the game panned out just as I thought it would and predictably ended up with him being subbed after 60 odd minutes. We might need 80 points to get CL! Son should start ahead of Lamela in every league game until CL is secured. There's no room for error. I think Poch has learnt his lesson and Son will start against Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth so the topic fortunately won't need to be discussed.

Poch has since started Erik Lamela in a League game. 80 points needed to qualify for CL is just a hilarious bit.

Right are wrong are often not black and white but subjective versions of reality.

When asked if he's ever been wrong about Erik Lamela, he came out with this. Smh.

His short passing is good but his long passing isn't.

Here he is criticising Lamela for not having an attribute which is effectively redundant for an AM. There is rarely enough pitch in front of an AM when they receive the ball to make a long pass. A DM or CB maybe.

NW1 is now dreaming up reasons to attack Lamela.

And finally, the icing on the bullshit cake. Seeing as NW1 constantly tells us what a great judge he is...

I was wrong about Lamela. I didn't think he was good enough for Spurs because I don't think he's good enough for a top 4 team. I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season) so by default he has become good enough for us.

We've got no chance of top 4.

No chance...

Premier League Table - Football - BBC Sport

Never change NW1Spur NW1Spur you deluded fuck.

DVsUEeJW0AABP0U.jpg

You'll get ridiculed and rack up loads of disagrees for this but I agree if Lamela was exactly the same player he is now but he wasn't on Transworld sport when he was 12 wasn't hyped to fuck as a teenager and didn't come with a fucking great transfer fee many would find far less positives from his performances as they do now.

Nice theory, but i have/had no idea of any hype before we signed him.

1) Cost a lot of money
2) Is South American

Weapons grade waffle.

THE ENDING OF NW1Spur NW1Spur : PART TWO

Of course, WE are the blinkered ones.

Erik Lamela stays through a window that NW1 suggested he would leave in and is added to the Champions League squad NW1 said he would not be added to.

According to NW1, Poch was forced by Levy to add Lamela. And that Lamela wouldn't be playing much.

Lamela then starts at the first opportunity in the CL away to Juve. Did Levy force him to start him too? Levy is interfering with team selection?

See above. It was so painful he selected him at first opportunity. We go on...

This is just a cacophony of wrong. Starts v. Juventus, NW1 hasn't shutup about him despite his own promises, Lamela has played enough for him to break his own promise and he is the same old poster.

NO CHANCE! Lamela starts away v. Juventus and Chelsea. Important games right?

This is a post that was inspired by Erik Lamela simply tweeting ''It is an honour to play for this great club''.

NW1 used a Spurs player showing admiration for our club to attack him and downtred him. Shameful.

Poch has since started Erik Lamela in a League game. 80 points needed to qualify for CL is just a hilarious bit.

When asked if he's ever been wrong about Erik Lamela, he came out with this. Smh.

Here he is criticising Lamela for not having an attribute which is effectively redundant for an AM. There is rarely enough pitch in front of an AM when they receive the ball to make a long pass. A DM or CB maybe.

NW1 is now dreaming up reasons to attack Lamela.

And finally, the icing on the bullshit cake. Seeing as NW1 constantly tells us what a great judge he is...

No chance...

Premier League Table - Football - BBC Sport

Never change NW1Spur NW1Spur you deluded fuck.

DVsUEeJW0AABP0U.jpg

Your patience in engaging with this wanker is saint-like!

:adesalute:

...Can't begin to imagine how depressing it was sifting through his shite to compose that post.

Back
Top Bottom