Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One's 2 footed, one isn't

He may favour his left, but proved he's got a right foot too (scored a sweet right footer not so long ago!).

One can play up top on his own, one can't.

Lamella as false-9 has been relatively successful (Chavs/B'mouth = 7 goals when we'd previously been struggling with H up top!) and Son has far from always thrived up top.

Pro-Lamela factors:

Tenacity/Pressing.
Passing.
Good/quick link-up.
Versatiity.

Objectivity/Balance....

Call me a loon, but I like BOTH. :pochrolleyes:

Last edited:
The guy is a complete idiot whose love for Lamela is so off the scale that he resents anyone overtaking him in the pecking order.

Son - 30 PL goals
Lamela - 8 PL goals

He'll come up with some bull now about goals not being important to go with a disagree.

One scores PL goals, one doesnt
One scores goals when Kane's out, one doesnt
One scores goals in CL, one doesnt
One's got pace, one hasn't
One's 2 footed, one isn't
One can play up top on his own, one can't.

Go on MindBlown, top that lot. Any fule etc.

The thing that pisses me off about that little cunt mind-blowing is that he offers no comeback he just hammers that disagree button I must have 200 off of the cunt.

Park ji Sung or was it Ji Sung Park ? Anyways he was 5 times the player Lamela is Anderson was fucking awful so by that logic I can't really argue that it is possible he would have kept Lamela.

He certainly worked as hard as Lamela - talent is neither here or there. Showed up for the big games, was a passenger in the smaller ones, hence why he could barely start 20 league games a season. Fergie knew he could rely on him though because he got Manchester United and what it's like to be a player for them and would run through walls for Ferguson, much like Poch does with Lamela.

United fans under Ferguson were a bit more understanding and trusting of Fergusons signings though hence why Park and Anderson are well remembered and liked by United, whereas 4 years in people still criticise Pochettino for it.

Could be that his team won things? Who knows.

He certainly worked as hard as Lamela - talent is neither here or there. Showed up for the big games, was a passenger in the smaller ones, hence why he could barely start 20 league games a season. Fergie knew he could rely on him though, much like Poch does with Lamela.

United fans under Ferguson were a bit more understanding and trusting of Fergusons signings though, whereas 4 years in people still criticise Pochettino for it.

Not critiscing anyone but if you know anything about football then you know park was class compared to lamela

I think Ferguson would have found a place in his team for a hard working guy who plays for the team. I mean he kept Park Ji Sung and Anderson around for those very reasons. He may even have converted him into a deep central midfielder like he did with Anderson or others.

I always see people comparing Fergie and Poch too - strange as they're both so dissimilar in their style and winning mentality.

Darren Fletcher being another one. Doesn't really surprise me to think that Poch just happens to trust Lamela.

Oh come on ! You are talking levels here and Parks level was way above Lamelas

So what you're really saying is that Lamela is champ/2nd div level at best???

Nah, not buying it mate. You don't have to like/rate him, but you're making a mockery of your position with this.

Was a fitting comparison to begin with...

Last edited:
So what you're really saying is that Lamela is champ/2nd div level at best???

Nah, not buying it mate. You don't have to like/rate him, but your making a mockery of your position with this.

Was a fitting comparison to begin with...

Man U were at times the best club in the world when Park played for them how the fuck is championship level?

Ferguson would have outed Lamela years ago because he liked an attacking player with end product your kidding yourself if you think he'd have put up with Lamela for 5 years.
That's not what I was on about. I was comparing how coaches like players who listen to their instructions over talent sometimes. Hence, Fergie ditched many a talent.

Man U were at times the best club in the world when Park played for them how the fuck is championship level?

U wot? That doesn't make any sense....

Your assertion that Park was FIVE times the player suggests you think that of Lamela....

Last edited:
It's weird that people dismiss Lamela's stats yet when someone brings up Park Ji Sung, a player who tended to play out wide for United, worked hard and was a squad player who Fergie trusted who managed 21 ASSISTS AND 19 GOALS in 154 GAMES. He's considered 5 times better than Lamela.

Strange.

I like Park by the way. Think he's underrated and was very good at his job. He wasn't better than those in front of him but he done his job. Fergie trusted him, he believed in Fergie's plans and gave his all.

Funnily enough, Lamela isn't really better than those in front him. Does his job. Poch trusts him and he believes in Pochs philosophy and gives it his all.

You're not stupid mate how is 5x even a genuine measurement

Your words, not mine...

it's clear I meant Parks level is much higher than Lamela has ever acheived

You're right tho', I'm not stupid.

Your original comment was however either a) stupid, b) hyperbole or c) trolling....

(My money's on B!)

Not sure what this abstract appropriation of the word "level" is meant to suggest.. Not much clearer what you meant at this juncture either.

If you're saying United were collectively at a higher level than we are now, sure, but that only emphasizes the original point that there's room in our squad for a player with Lamela's quality if an (arguably) mildy better player is good enough for Fergies Utd in their pomp.

He may favour his left, but proved he's got a right foot too (scored a sweet right footer not so long ago!).

Lamella as false-9 has been relatively successful (Chavs/B'mouth = 7 goals when we'd previously been struggling with H up top!) and Son has far from always thrived up top.

Agree with this. In fact I'd like to have seen it used more when Kane's not fit.

In terms of Son up top on his own, I think back to the City game at WHL last season. They'd won 6 on the spin, 100% record and "experts" asking whether they could go the whole season, etc etc.

Son tore them apart. MoTM, ran them into the ground (and himself). 2-0 win, should have been more with a missed pen and other chances.

Son's one area which I'd like to seem him improve - keeping possession when facing away from goal. Gets knocked off the ball too easy. (but so does EL)

Back
Top Bottom