Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he stays! I'm disappointed in you NW1. You assured us he was leaving, now you've even relented on that. Now you're stuck on he won't be a regular starter. What happens if he becomes a regular? You move the goalposts to 'he will never score as many as Kane'. What a bizarre 'fan' you are

Cunt's got NOTHING left and lacks the self-awareness to realise he's just a meme to the majority of this forum.

If he stays! I'm disappointed in you NW1. You assured us he was leaving, now you've even relented on that. Now you're stuck on he won't be a regular starter. What happens if he becomes a regular? You move the goalposts to 'he will never score as many as Kane'. What a bizarre 'fan' you are

I still say he'll leave in the Summer. There's nothing bizarre or complicated about it. I just think we have better players than him and we can replace him with a better player.

The notion that Lamela is competiting for a place with Dele is ludicrous. Dele is one of Poch's lynchpins who the team is based around. He's been a starter since he came here, despite still being a teenager when he arrived. Poch described him as the best young player in the world recently and will probably get his umpteenth new contract from Poch while Lamela is still waiting for his first. You could say he was in competition with Son but it one he's lost. I expect Son to get new contract soon. The club needs a marquee signing to justify the high season ticket prices in the first season in the new stadium and someone has to make way. I think that player is probably Lamela.

Yet he started ahead of him in a critical game in our season yesterday.

You expect a marquee signing...who gets dropped from Dele, Son, and Eriksen?

We actually made a marquee signing in January, but a lot of people seem to have missed it. Lucas Moura is a massive signing, and one one I would have chewed my own arm off to get a couple of seasons ago.

Lamela is an excellent option to have, and is borderline starting. We have a harmony in our squad that is clearly working. God knows what mysterious star signing you’re expecting. Bale? So who is expected to sit on the bench out of Son and Dele?

The balance in the squad is spot on.

I still say he'll leave in the Summer. a) There's nothing bizarre or complicated about it. I b) just think we have better players than him and we can replace him with a better player.

Bullshit!

You've been banging this same tedious fucking drum since before we signed Lucas; before Son & Deli had caught fire (yet needlessly and gratuitously playing Sonny in particular off against Erik like it must be 'one or the other' all along!)... Cunting him off whilst injured.. Eagerly lapping up false rumour after false rumour about him whilst out injured. Yet, all the while, prior to injury he was regularly outperforming those you've been only too happy to play off against him ever since and, similarly, you've constantly disingenuously attempted to detract from every good performance he's had since his return ("no good PL performances" just 6 day after having a quality game against Hudd!).

You are shit on the shoe of this fine club.

Last edited:
By levels of ambition it's clear you're a Spammer. Salah, Sane, Mharez and Malcom are players directly comparable with Lamela and they are levels above him and the type of player we need to improve us.

An FA Cup goal against a half arsed Swansea isn't going to change mind about him. He's a squad player but not the quality we need to close the gap to City.

Oh fuck off.

Carry on like this and I'll punch your teeth out of your mouth. All three of them.

I still say he'll leave in the Summer. There's nothing bizarre or complicated about it. I just think we have better players than him and we can replace him with a better player.

In this day in the market, who do you get who is as all around and multi positional as Lamela for less than £30m?

Sissoko cost £30m and is half the player of Lamela. Same as Xhaka and Drinkwater for example, both cost £30m+. To get someone of Lamela’s talent and work rate we’d be looking at £40m easy.

It may have only been Swansea yesterday, but that’s the same Swansea that beat Woolwich and Liverpool. He’s a brilliant squad player and more than capable of claiming a first 11 position.

What you need to do is open your eyes and watch his performance yesterday again and then pull your foreskin over your head and vanish down your prick!
He will be a critical player for us in the next few years, his skills base is amazing!

Lamela could definitely pass quicker though. Sometimes he bops and weaves over the ball for nothing. That slight delay could be all it needs for quality defender. I wish he spend less time gesturing for the ball but look around more before the ball comes to him so when the ball does come he can pass quicker. But I understand not everyone is David Silva or Ericksen.
Considering he found the right foot I thought was impossible I think he can do this.

What you need to do is open your eyes and watch his performance yesterday again and then pull your foreskin over your head and vanish down your prick!
He will be a critical player for us in the next few years, his skills base is amazing!

Are you basing that on one performance ? Let's be real he hasn't had a great premier league performance in over two years. I think Lamela is decent and he was very good yesterday but it does irritate me that so many "i told you so" posts appear because Lamela has had one good game , can anyone honestly say he's had any consistency at all since we signed him ? He done a pretty good impression of the invisible man fairly recently against palace and his Spurs history is littered with sub par performances, I think he's got 8 games left to save his Spurs career and I don't think it's unfeasible if we make a marquee signing in the summer it could be at Lamela's expense as NW1 has suggested.

if we make a marquee signing in the summer it could be at Lamela's expense as NW1 has suggested.
That's not why everyone is taking issue with NW1 as you well know. Its that hes said the same shit for 2 years. Has been wrong, then called others fantasists and requested apologies.

It may or may not be true what you say there, but the fact of the matter is EVERY prediction this bellend has made thus far has been wrong and he still lauds over all of us that he knows better.

He has an agenda. Against a Spurs player. For reasons absolutely no one knows.

Lamela has been an asset since his return.

Think that's incorrect, then why did Poch deem it necessary to start him against Juventus?

If Lamela goes in the summer it doesn't make NW1 some grand fortune teller it means he's said the same shit long enough for it eventually come true.

I'll start saying it about Aurier for the next 3 years maybe. Odds are ill be right at somr point.

Also, its harsh you rip him for a poor performance v Palace rather than show fairness and counterbalance it by acknowledging his other good performances since his return.

That's not why everyone is taking issue with NW1 as you well know. Its that hes said the same shit for 2 years. Has been wrong, then called others fantasists and requested apologies.

It may or may not be true what you say there, but the fact of the matter is EVERY prediction this bellend has made thus far has been wrong and he still lauds over all of us that he knows better.

He has an agenda. Against a Spurs player. For reasons absolutely no one knows.

Lamela has been an asset since his return.

Think that's incorrect, then why did Poch deem it necessary to start him against Juventus?

If Lamela goes in the summer it doesn't make NW1 some grand fortune teller it means he's said the same shit long enough for it eventually come true.

I'll start saying it about Aurier for the next 3 years maybe. Odds are ill be right at somr point.

Also, its harsh you rip him for a poor performance v Palace rather than show fairness and counterbalance it by acknowledging his other good performances since his return.

I'm not being harsh I'll acknowledge if he plays well , if anything everyone else is being to kind by acting like the numerous poor performances simply don't exist , some on here are so butt hurt with the mildest form of lamela critism i sometimes worry somebody will take legal action against me ! The truth is there is no balanced argument about Lamela on here and NW1 isn't the main culprit.

He's not though is he plenty have the blinkers on when it comes to Lamela, some of the higher grade morons on here seem to think he's world class !
I haven't seen anyone suggest he's anything but a very useful player and a welcome return to the squad who offers us something different to what we had. Also loving the fact he was out for so long and has managed to get his career back on course considering how unlikely it looked. Poch obviously thinks so too. It's not a crime wanting a Spurs player to prosper and being chuffed for him when he does well.

He's made 3 starts since his return. 2 good performances and 1 poor. Not bad after 13 months out.

Helps he seems to be a good kid.

As NW1 not being the main culprit...

Wrong.

Poch: Lamela can get better - BeSoccer

Tottenham missed Lamela's energy - Poch

NW1 is wrong.

This is a beauty of a post. Not only is the injury fake, but POCH WAS GOING TO COME OUT IN A PRESS CONFERENCE throwing a player under the bus and that he must leave.

Hahahaha.

NW1 is wrong.

Erik Lamela starts for Spurs at Juventus, Leroy Sane returns to Manchester City bench at Basel

NW1 is wrong.

Lamela stays and Poch reiterates Lamela is intergral part of Spurs.

Shock horror. NW1 is wrong again.

Another 5 star post. MAY NEVER PLAY FOR SPURS AGAIN!

Hahahahaha.

NW1 wrong again. Who's keeping count?

ROSS BARKLEY WAS A THREAT TO ERIK LAMELA AT SPURS!!

A fresh angle for NW1 to, you guessed it, be wrong.

Lol.

Pochettino lauds Lamela comeback - FOX Sports Asia

More wrong.

And yet, here we are, Lamela has stayed. Not only that, has been a mainstay in matchday squads since his return and trusted to start in the Prem and CL.

How many times can one person be wrong before it hits home? We continue...

NOT EVEN AT THE TRAINING GROUND!!!!

A new depth of wrong from NW1.

When will this wrong end?!

Demanding apologies if Lamela was sold. Anyone get an apology when he stayed? Nah, just persevered in the wrong.

giphy.gif

Oh yes, WE are the fantasists.

Yet here we are, and so is Erik Lamela.

I have followed Lamela to his new club. It's called Tottenham Hotspur. How fortunate.

ROSS BARKLEY!!!

I'm 10 minutes in and getting bored now.

Is it Groundhog Day?

Not only has he doubled down on Lamela. He's then thrown Spurs under the bus. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE SPURS GET TOP 4 THIS SEASON.

Double double wrong wrong.

Another new angle. Poch was apparently only playing a ''weaker'' player to showcase him to sell. Result? Lamela stays and is added to CL squad.

No, no. You're very level headed when it comes to Lamela. The epitome of fair.

I won the bet. You wre wrong again.

Were you proven right? Or are will still waiting for the sunshine?!

Textbook. When proved wrong over and over, just keep moving the goalposts until something sticks and you can boast.

Where have we heard this before?

Lamela features in every game of the CL since added to the squad. Starting at the first opportunity.

Not only did he make the bench, he started.

So much wrong.

Erik Lamela starts for Spurs at Juventus, Leroy Sane returns to Manchester City bench at Basel

Lamela starts against Juventus. Have you considered a career as fortune teller?

As for avoiding referencing Lamela...I think you should take your own advice.

Lol. I think right and wrong are quite obvious in this case.

giphy.gif

Honestly mate, it's just best you put this whole debacle behind you and take your own advice and shut the fuck up about Lamela. It's a fucking embarrassment and such a bore to read over and over and over and over and fucking over.

You were wrong, a lot. Accept it and move on.

It's like some people would prefer him (and other players) to fail, so that they can be right in their assessment of their abilities. Me, I'd rather be proven wrong every time if I don't initially rate someone, if it is good for the team.

Back
Top Bottom