Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamelas just posted a clip on his insta of the team singing together on the coach journey home. Looks like they're having a good time.

Great to see and it makes my heart warm

Lamelas just posted a clip on his insta of the team singing together on the coach journey home. Looks like they're having a good time.

Great to see and it makes my heart warm
Same song as here:

I think we have a pretty united squad right now, though there may be a lack of harmony in the dressing room.

Such a smart play to attempt to shield VVD. Clear pen, sold it well. His passing accuracy wasn't great but he was really trying to force the issue with unlocking through balls.

Such a smart play to attempt to shield VVD. Clear pen, sold it well. His passing accuracy wasn't great but he was really trying to force the issue with unlocking through balls.

I have no problem giving the ball away when trying to thread through the eye of a needle... only need one of those to come off and it's a goal scoring opportunity. Giving it away needlessly in the middle of the park is a different matter.

Think that would be how most of us react if some drug dealer kicked us in the calf. Shows Lamella's experience and how crucial he is. Very underrated, he's been playing at the top level for many years.
Don't have any problems with Lamela's actions, my problem is the media running with a photo that completely, and conveniently, misrepresents the event. They've chosen a photo that's got VVD looking in with both feet firmly planted on the ground, with Lamela howling as he falls. The photo selection implies that Lamela dived and VVD was innocent, when mere milliseconds before you'd have seen VVD kicking the hell out of him.

If the media had an ounce of integrity they'd have run a different photo. And that SpursStatMan account is an absolute cunt for picking up that photo.

Don't have any problems with Lamela's actions, my problem is the media running with a photo that completely, and conveniently, misrepresents the event. They've chosen a photo that's got VVD looking in with both feet firmly planted on the ground, with Lamela howling as he falls. The photo selection implies that Lamela dived and VVD was innocent, when mere milliseconds before you'd have seen VVD kicking the hell out of him.

If the media had an ounce of integrity they'd have run a different photo. And that SpursStatMan account is an absolute cunt for picking up that photo.

Media and integrity in the same sentence? :sonpoint::pochlol:

Great performance today - the perfect game for him to get his confidence back. Nice to see him score too, lovely finish.

Would expect him to start against Rochdale too, hopefully with Son and Lucas in a 4-3-3.

Back
Top Bottom