Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amen.
I still remember that Newcastle game where he was doing everything to drag us back into the game until that cheating cunt dived for a penalty to put it out of sight. Can’t quite remember the useless fuckers name....

I felt sorry for him that day what a joke

Let's fucking turn this around, I don't get what has changed, the one thing I can think of is the CL having a league cup effect on us, we seem to be playing as if it's after Lord Mayors show already, no energy

Onto the next one need to sort the defence out early in game and go from there

Uh oh. The insane Lamela is better than everyone else fanboys are coming back.
giphy.gif

I felt sorry for him that day what a joke

Let's fucking turn this around, I don't get what has changed, the one thing I can think of is the CL having a league cup effect on us, we seem to be playing as if it's after Lord Mayors show already, no energy

Onto the next one need to sort the defence out early in game and go from there
That’s the bit I don’t get with all the naysayers. He was outstanding that whole season, even when every fucker else had switched off for the summer, costing us second spot.
He then got injured quite early in the season, during a spell where none of the players had really hit the groove.
We have missed what he brings to the team. 100% commitment & a very creative footballing brain.
I just don’t know what’s wrong with the rest though. It seems that they are all half asleep, waiting for the next round of the CL.
Injuries aside, we shouldn’t be dropping points like we have been doing.
WAKE UP LADS. ITS FUCKING KILLING US.

That’s the bit I don’t get with all the naysayers. He was outstanding that whole season, even when every fucker else had switched off for the summer, costing us second spot.
He then got injured quite early in the season, during a spell where none of the players had really hit the groove.
We have missed what he brings to the team. 100% commitment & a very creative footballing brain.
I just don’t know what’s wrong with the rest though. It seems that they are all half asleep, waiting for the next round of the CL.
Injuries aside, we shouldn’t be dropping points like we have been doing.
WAKE UP LADS. ITS FUCKING KILLING US.
Really seems like we switch off for the league recently. Can't seem to muster up the energy. Not sure what it is, but everyone seems a couple gears lower than on CL nights.

Still on the drugs I see.
Absolute Gibberish.

So pace has no bearing?

WHL same players were unbeaten with more pace (Walker) on the second smallest pitch in the Prem.

We take away pace (Walker gone) and play on the 2nd largest pitch in the Prem and what happened to our unbeaten run? Eriksen/Dembele/Alli/Dier/Kane are so collectively slow in attack/midfield EVEN WITH TOBY/WALKER WE STRUGGLED AT WEMBLEY!

Gibberish right? It’s so blatantly obvious we lack pace in midfield/attack. It dawned on me a while back that you genuinely don’t understand. I was thinking it was Gibbsy sour grapes to disagree that I could say an outfield spine of Llorente/Eriksen/Winks/Dier is too slow (on the second largest pitch in the fastest league).

But it’s not sour grapes is it? You genuinely think I’m talking nonsense. You actually don’t see us being blasted by pace on counters etc.

I also remember when this place was cool. It had a rep. Enter at your own risk. It was impossible to get banned and that made this place better for REAL discussion. Now everyone has turned into minature Arcspaces mewling about bans, clutching their pearls being offended at my opinion.

Man up TFC. Did the nasty man say something you didn’t understand/like? Oh no! Arcspace will lead you to victory. Be like Arcspace. Safepace more like.

So pace has no bearing?

WHL same players were unbeaten with more pace (Walker) on the second smallest pitch in the Prem.

We take away pace (Walker gone) and play on the 2nd largest pitch in the Prem and what happened to our unbeaten run? Eriksen/Dembele/Alli/Dier/Kane are so collectively slow in attack/midfield EVEN WITH TOBY/WALKER WE STRUGGLED AT WEMBLEY!

Gibberish right? It’s so blatantly obvious we lack pace in midfield/attack. It dawned on me a while back that you genuinely don’t understand. I was thinking it was Gibbsy sour grapes to disagree that I could say an outfield spine of Llorente/Eriksen/Winks/Dier is too slow (on the second largest pitch in the fastest league).

But it’s not sour grapes is it? You genuinely think I’m talking nonsense. You actually don’t see us being blasted by pace on counters etc.

I also remember when this place was cool. It had a rep. Enter at your own risk. It was impossible to get banned and that made this place better for REAL discussion. Now everyone has turned into minature Arcspaces mewling about bans, clutching their pearls being offended at my opinion.

Man up TFC. Did the nasty man say something you didn’t understand/like? Oh no! Arcspace will lead you to victory. Be like Arcspace. Safepace more like.

Gibbs-erish.

I'm so pleased he's back. I don't suggest he's the key to solving our current struggles, but he's a helluva player to have in Poch's toolbox, to help give us more attack and aggression. Takes a mean corner too.

So pace has no bearing?

2nd largest pitch in the prem who told you that?
You do know 13 of the 20 teams in the prem play in a pitch with the diameters 105/68 (the same as wembley) which is the Uefa rule for pitch sizes, the exceptions being old build stadiums with no room to expand the pitch. So wembley pitch is no bigger than somewhere like Vicarage road a place we've had success in the past 2 seasons despite our lack of "pace" So your talking absolute shit

Lamela for me should not be out wide, he is the only player we have with guile around the box with the clever little five yard passes which split open defences like Mata and Silva do, that type of player anyway. He should be the one behind Kane.

Eriksen isn't that sort of player for all the skills he has at his disposal. Not sure where you'd stick him but on current form eriksen and Alli would be benched. Son starting at the moment is a no brainer. Only one with any attacking intent currently.

Lamela for me should not be out wide, he is the only player we have with guile around the box with the clever little five yard passes which split open defences like Mata and Silva do, that type of player anyway. He should be the one behind Kane.

Eriksen isn't that sort of player for all the skills he has at his disposal. Not sure where you'd stick him but on current form eriksen and Alli would be benched. Son starting at the moment is a no brainer. Only one with any attacking intent currently.
I woudn't mind seeing Lamela in a free role.

Back
Top Bottom