Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder who of our top 4 performers he will displace - goaldictator Kane, youth phenomenen Alli, stats- and workrate champ Eriksen or our most dangerous penetration player Son?

Laughable.

I wonder who of our top 4 performers he will displace - goaldictator Kane, youth phenomenen Alli, stats- and workrate champ Eriksen or our most dangerous penetration player Son?

Laughable.
Lamela doesn't have to displace anyone. Once he returns from injury he'll instantly get back his rightfully starting spot that was being covered by average limited squad players like Son, N'koudou and Sissoko. He's quality-wise several levels above those Players.

Lamela-Eriksen-Alli-Kane is our best front 4.

Lamela doesn't have to displace anyone. Once he returns from injury he'll instantly get back his rightfully starting spot that was being covered by average limited squad players like Son, N'koudou and Sissoko. He's quality-wise several levels above those Players.

Highly doubt he'd instantly get it back - he'll have been out for nigh on 12 months, when he eventually comes back.

I'd argue it'd be a tough call between both an in form Son and Lamela. The other two I do agree with though.

Both Son and Lamela will have their opportunity to shine. Why would one need to displace the other when they can both effectively change the game based on what we need. Lamela gives absolutely no space and is a constant pressure against teams that like to attack and hold the ball while Son can help open teams that sit deep. Considering the number of games we will play we can be glad to have players like Son and Lamela available for any improv change.

Would be great too see him at his best terrorizing other teams and another rambona please!

Last edited:

See, there was that 2017 shit I was talking about

:avbshock::avbshock::avbshock::avbshock::avbshock::avbshock::avbshock:

Having not played for so long he's not going to be anywhere near match sharpness for months.

Don't think we can depend on him putting in any great performances anytime soon anyway.
That's the point of the pre-season and double shifts. With a fair wind he could be rocking by early October, which works for our timetables I would have thought.

You know that "average and limited" Son banged in 20-odd goals last season, right? Something that Lamela hasn't done?

Assuming he doesn't get injured again and can maintain that workrate he's a definite squad player. But he's spent practically two thirds of his time with us injured.

Love this lad.
Think if we play wing backs his starting time might be limited but he adds something Eriksen, Alli and Son don't; a left foot.
I suspect he could also cover centrally as well.
Lamela back to full fitness will be like a new signing.

Meat is part of most staple diets. That wasn't the point of my comment.
Meat is not, it is becoming too expensive for people to eat it these days. Only those countries who mass produce it have to provide it and make it available as part of the staple diet!

Meat is not, it is becoming too expensive for people to eat it these days. Only those countries who mass produce it have to provide it and make it available as part of the staple diet!
Wombat meat is still relatively affordable

You know that "average and limited" Son banged in 20-odd goals last season, right? Something that Lamela hasn't done?

Assuming he doesn't get injured again and can maintain that workrate he's a definite squad player. But he's spent practically two thirds of his time with us injured.

Jeez if I see one more comment about Son's limitations I'll scream. He got a lot of flack after his first season, but imo he'd done pretty well people saying let's sell I thought were crazy.

Next season really will test Lamela's attitude. Since he came, he's been pushed down the pecking order sucessvely by:

Erisken,
Dele,
Son

First 2 pick themselves, as does Son with 4 at the back. 3 at the back, likely first sub.

(and even Chadli for a spell was higher up the pecking order around Jan-March 2 seasons ago).

If Dembele starts, then you can even see times when Winks might get the sub before him too. So even when EL on the bench, he might not get on the pitch.

Coming back to Son, he's got a very good record scoring record, 14 in PL alone last season. EL has just 8 PL goals in total.

Back
Top Bottom