Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen tops the distance covered charts every season. Has done since his first season at Ajax.

And that is why Lamela is a good replacement because his engine is endless too.

But Lamela fell foul of it (his effort). Like I said, Eriksen IMO is lucky to put that much effort and not get sidelined. Probability dictates he's due a long stint out.

Actually luck is only part of it. Poch rested him at the end of the season so he's aware of it.

Eriksens miles covered needs a specific player to replace him IMO. Initially Lamela struggled but he worked hard to prove himself. I feel bad for him.

But truth be told I think him out was a positive for us squad wise. If he leaves at least I won't be frothing about the probability of Eriksen and Lamela's clash of styles (when they play together alongside other slow attackers, we are too slow as a unit IMO).

Erik if you are reading this ,, Hope you are getting fit again and can help us win the league next season.

I think this guy has a great attitude and would love for him to fight his way back into the team. It must be so frustrating to potentially see your career evaporate due to injury.

He was our best player last season before his injury.

For the first few games, absolutely. But then he dipped in form. Regardless, he was a starting player on a very good team. But for 17/18, he's going to have to beat out Son. Sonny has earned his spot! (To say the least). We need squad depth though so it's great that Lamela is on his way back.

For the first few games, absolutely. But then he dipped in form. Regardless, he was a starting player on a very good team. But for 17/18, he's going to have to beat out Son. Sonny has earned his spot! (To say the least). We need squad depth though so it's great that Lamela is on his way back.
Son is a nothing player and it is only going to take few run of games next season for Poch to realise how much better Lamela is and other new signings.

I still think Son's biggest success last season came when he was used as an impact sub.

I'm not entirely sure why Spurs fans seem intent on turning this into a Lamela>Son>Lamela cunt off. Surely we should hope that both are on top form next season for us? Having them both available for selection & ready to fight for a starting spot can only be good for the club.

:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom