Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if there is something much deeper-seated with Erik than 'just' an injury (or mourning his dog) then he has every right to protect that privacy... personally, I still think he's closet, but if it is depression, then who are we (as fans/public/media) to demand he tells everyone his private, deeply personal problems.

I know there is a clamour for openness, and maybe, if a sporting personality with a relatively high profile talks openly about his personal problems after he's beaten them, then maybe, just maybe it could do some good in the wider scheme of things...
...but fucking hell, he has to deal with and battle those problems first, in his own way, in his own time... if that coincides with him missing the rest of the season(or leaving the club for good) because of it, then so be it.
I wouldn't expect him to conduct his therapy sessions on the pitch!

It's almost certain not to be a real hip injury. In the time he's been out he could have had both hips replaced.

Depression. Yeah possibly. Sad if yes.

Ju Ju. Yeah again possible. That Adebayor curse could have spread. The dark arts are not easy to understand.

A touch of the Adrian Mutu's ? Let's hope not. Very bad if it was that.

Fuck it who knows really, but I do know the team misses him and the sooner he is back the better. I'll love him forever for what he did to Flabbygas

Ju Ju. Yeah again possible. That Adebayor curse could have spread. The dark arts are not easy to understand.

Fucking Ju Ju... if I never hear that fucking expression again it won't be too soon.
:adestare:

Apart from being vaguely racist (Had Adebayor been white, I'm pretty sure all this 'Witch Doctor Bongo-Bongo nonsense wouldn't even be a thing...) it' fucking tired now... he's been out of our club (and good riddance) for while now... I hate to think that his particular breed of toxic cancer lives on in our current squad!

...we need to stick a pin in a doll or summit (don't we, isn't that how it works with these foreign 'dark-arts' types?) to make it go away!
:adeohshit:

C478GMkXUAARlVc.jpg

Crank it up Erik! COYS

Apart from being vaguely racist (Had Adebayor been white, I'm pretty sure all this 'Witch Doctor Bongo-Bongo nonsense wouldn't even be a thing...) it' fucking tired now... he's been out of our club (and good riddance) for while now... I hate to think that his particular breed of toxic cancer lives on in our current squad!

I'm not sure how it's racist - it wasn't because he was black, it was because he literally said, quote:

SEA said:
Obviously I’m not a pastor, I am a footballer so I cannot point out a witch. I never sacked my mum from the house — she decided to leave the house. But how am I going to be in touch with my mum if my mum is the one telling everyone that my work will not go forward.

They should stop talking, talking, they should stop doing juju on me — they should leave me alone.

..and his brother:

Kola Adebayor said:
They have convinced him his sister and mother put juju curses on him. My mother is very sad. Every day she is crying. I just talked to her on the phone and she was crying again.

:adeninja:

I'm not sure how it's racist - it wasn't because he was black, it was because he literally said, quote;
Obviously I’m not a pastor, I am a footballer so I cannot point out a witch. I never sacked my mum from the house — she decided to leave the house. But how am I going to be in touch with my mum if my mum is the one telling everyone that my work will not go forward.

They should stop talking, talking, they should stop doing juju on me — they should leave me alone.
..and his brother:
Kola Adebayor said:
They have convinced him his sister and mother put juju curses on him. My mother is very sad. Every day she is crying. I just talked to her on the phone and she was crying again.

:adeninja:

DAMMIT!!!!

Who goes and says that? Bloody cliched twat he is! If they were a white family, they'd be Pikey Chavs...
as it is, they may as well be applying to go on Da Jeremiah Kyleoh Show!! I hear it's Prime Time Family viewing in Togo!

He's clearly just looney-tunes... and looney-tunes don't have no colour!

So I take it all back.
:adewtf:

..and his brother:

DAMMIT!!!!

Who goes and says that? Bloody cliched twat he is! If they were a white family, they'd be Pikey Chavs...
as it is, they may as well be applying to go on Da Jeremiah Kyleoh Show!! I hear it's Prime Time Family viewing in Togo!

He's clearly just looney-tunes... and looney-tunes don't have no colour!

So I take it all back.
:adewtf:

I don't really know what you're going on about.

Fact is though, Juju is an African cultural thing, and not all Africans are black

I don't really know what you're going on about.

Fact is though, Juju is an African cultural thing, and not all Africans are black

...and not all black people are African... or are they? I dunno... fuck it, I got into a debate on colour and race and Culture and Ju-Ju that I didn't intend to on a Saturday afternoon... i'm out of my depth! throw me a rubber ring someone, I'm drownin......

All I know is that where i'm from 'Ju-Ju' are two Frummers!

When Lamela got injured, Spurs were one point off the top of the league and second in their CL group. Well, good night.

I've had an average night. Went to wembley felt happy and sad. Got work tomorrow. However, noticed that my hip hurts a bit. Can't be arsed to care about the wider aspects of my team at work. They might need me, but fuck it my hip hurts and I might just take 6 months off. It doesn't matter. No impact if I don't bother going in. Fair enough my company have invested in me and expect something back. But hell if my hip hurts it hurts and even though no one can prove it hurts I need six months off.

Back
Top Bottom