££££s!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm possibly not as informed as some on here so please forgive my shortcomings. With the press speculation of the 'big' clubs and their war chests! I was trying to add up what our income "could" be perhaps someone could fill in the following?
Income from 2nd in the league= ?
Income from next seasons CL= ?
Possibly transfer of Walker = ? (Possibly,now)
Fees + wages for the sale of Sissoko,Wimmer, etc ?
Obviously it's not as straight forward what we take in,we put out! plus we would have transfer budget over and above what I've just said and merchandise but the first 3 mentioned what is the possibly revenue?

I'm possibly not as informed as some on here so please forgive my shortcomings. With the press speculation of the 'big' clubs and their war chests! I was trying to add up what our income "could" be perhaps someone could fill in the following?
Income from 2nd in the league= ?
Income from next seasons CL= ?
Possibly transfer of Walker = ? (Possibly,now)
Fees + wages for the sale of Sissoko,Wimmer, etc ?
Obviously it's not as straight forward what we take in,we put out! plus we would have transfer budget over and above what I've just said and merchandise but the first 3 mentioned what is the possibly revenue?
This blog from The Spurs Report covers your questions and well worth a read
The Spurs Report

One question.... What is our "troubled right MF position"?

Can't fathom whom or what position he's alluding to...

3421 you could take that to be KW or CE.

4321 VW, CE or Son

One question.... What is our "troubled right MF position"?

Can't fathom whom or what position he's alluding to...

3421 you could take that to be KW or CE.

4321 VW, CE or Son
It's my only complaint with this bloke. He does some great work on Spurs finances and stadium but on football matters I often (constantly) disagree with him. He has reduced his football output this year having made himself look a complete twat last year, which he was big enough to laugh at himself.

I good follow though so long as he doesn't talk about football.

It's my only complaint with this bloke. He does some great work on Spurs finances and stadium but on football matters I often (constantly) disagree with him. He has reduced his football output this year having made himself look a complete twat last year, which he was big enough to laugh at himself.

Fair enough... I'll heed your assessment and pay it no mind

This blog from The Spurs Report covers your questions and well worth a read
The Spurs Report

I think it will be around £30M a year, personally. And I think it is more likely than not going to be Nike. The NFL is a big factor in my opinion. But I agree we are not as good as we should be when it comes to commercial revenue. Once the stadium is built we have to push hard in that area and really get our commercial revenue up where it should be. That is obviously going to be easier with a new stadium and even easier if we can win the title.

I think we will sell a lot of tickets at Wembley, even if some are not real Spurs fans.

I think it will be around £30M a year, personally. And I think it is more likely than not going to be Nike. The NFL is a big factor in my opinion. But I agree we are not as good as we should be when it comes to commercial revenue. Once the stadium is built we have to push hard in that area and really get our commercial revenue up where it should be. That is obviously going to be easier with a new stadium and even easier if we can win the title.

I think we will sell a lot of tickets at Wembley, even if some are not real Spurs fans.

No doubt it'll be like Butlins; the amounts of tourists there'll be there, but fuck it they're all welcome to chip in towards our new gaff!

We are going to get near on £30m for the 3 loan players.
So sell any more fringe players we could spend over £60m and end up in the red for around £30 m , like last summer.

We are going to get near on £30m for the 3 loan players.
So sell any more fringe players we could spend over £60m and end up in the red for around £30 m , like last summer.

Hopefully a few quid extra in light of league finish and CL cash too, but yeh I'd guess that ball park too.

The rumoured £20m+ for Sissoko would be sweet tho'.... Not much fringe to sell otherwise.... Maybe big Kev although I'd happily keep him if that side of the defense remains otherwise untouched.... Josh would likely only sell for a nominal fee anyway. I guess GKNs exit would hardly be a suprise either, probably lose a few quid on him though if we just sell him back to the french league.

If that took us to a pot of £60m + any debt we'd be prepared to incur then can't really grumble too much. Would never have expected an above £100k window anyway.

Good article.
He does not however mention Deferred payments, Sissoko was stated to be bought on deferred terms of £6m a year. Presumably a further £6m due August meaning we will still owe £18m. Question is do we have to pay all of this if we sell or can we carry on paying at £6m a year. If we have to pay up then if we get £20 we only end up with £2m which is hardly worth it. Are any of the players sold Chadli, Mason etc sold on similar basis and we will have money coming in which we could use. I do not know and maybe will be stated in Accounts when published but it could make a difference to amount available.

Good article.
He does not however mention Deferred payments, Sissoko was stated to be bought on deferred terms of £6m a year. Presumably a further £6m due August meaning we will still owe £18m. Question is do we have to pay all of this if we sell or can we carry on paying at £6m a year. If we have to pay up then if we get £20 we only end up with £2m which is hardly worth it. Are any of the players sold Chadli, Mason etc sold on similar basis and we will have money coming in which we could use. I do not know and maybe will be stated in Accounts when published but it could make a difference to amount available.
Doubt it makes much difference at all, the fact that real did/do still owe us money, along with other transfers u read about shows even the smaller transfers aren't usually paid out in one sum and are spread over time - no idea why tho

Doubt it makes much difference at all, the fact that real did/do still owe us money, along with other transfers u read about shows even the smaller transfers aren't usually paid out in one sum and are spread over time - no idea why tho

Cash flow... Interest at bank... Inflation leading to depreciation of value of instalments from year to year.... All provide motivation for a buying club. I guess selling clubs just accept such terms within reason as they are inclined to do it when the shoe is on the other foot.

+ All sorts of accounting jiggery pokery lead to opearating via a very fluid situation at club level... All just numbers on a spreadsheet with the same 'pocket' as the root source at the end of the day.

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom