Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it me or does Erik step the fuck up when Chris is missing?

No, he just tends to play early domestic cup rounds and Europa League group games whereas Eriksen doesn't usually, which massively skews the numbers. He failed several times when given the nod ahead of Eriksen the season just gone. Inter Milan and Burnley at home spring to mind, when Eriksen had to come and replace him and save the day.

One of the players I've rooted for the most. When on form he plays with desire and passion that others can learn from. He went through a terrible time but stuck with it. I don't begrudge him anything. He has played bit parts and i've never once heard him complain. Whatever the club decides as long as both parties are happy then good luck to him. If he stays i'll cheer him on, if he goes I will be hoping he is a success and finds happiness.

From whoscored.com...

+ Strengths
Through ballsStrong
DribblingStrong
Key passesStrong
Holding on to the ballStrong
- Weaknesses
(Player has no significant weaknesses)

:levyeyes:

Can’t imagine he has much sale value with his injury history. No idea what wages he isn’t on, but can’t imagine it is too much. He knows the club and knows Poch and is a good sub as a chance creater or for his energy. I’d still look to bring in another AM but keep Lamela. I imagine he’s much more useful coming off the bench than getting 5-10m and saving 80k a week.

Can’t imagine he has much sale value with his injury history. No idea what wages he isn’t on, but can’t imagine it is too much. He knows the club and knows Poch and is a good sub as a chance creater or for his energy. I’d still look to bring in another AM but keep Lamela. I imagine he’s much more useful coming off the bench than getting 5-10m and saving 80k a week.
I agree with what you're saying, as I still want to believe that Erik can be a useful part of the squad. However it still amazes me that we can bandy figures of millions and thousands of pounds per week as if it's small change (which scarily enough, is what it is, in the modern game).

Let's face it, if Erik was fit and playing every game; he would be creating chances and scoring almost every game. We know there is a good player underneath all the bandages, just a shame he's never really had the chance to get a decent run of games.

Clearly with all these links to various midfielders the club may not see his future here.

Let's face it, if Erik was fit and playing every game; he would be creating chances and scoring almost every game. We know there is a good player underneath all the bandages, just a shame he's never really had the chance to get a decent run of games.

Clearly with all these links to various midfielders the club may not see his future here.
I get your point but he signed a 4 year deal last year IIRC ?
Also, who would buy him with his injuries.

Lamela wouldn't get in the first team ahead of Dele, Eriksen, Lucas or Sonny. If I'm going to be perfectly honest the only times he's ever really looked like a player worth the money we paid for him has been in Europa League games. I like him but he's very close to the top of my list of players we should move on if a player becomes available of interest to us and we need sufficient squad space.

He seems content to be a squad player and when he is fit he works hard so I'm happy to keep him but only because he seems content to add depth. He's been at the club for 6 years and let's be honest he hasn't been the game changer during that time we all hoped he'd become. 6 seasons as a Tottenham player for me he really is on borrowed time.

Last edited:
Holds on to the ball for far too fucking long.
The sort of shit that should be trained out of players around age 9.

Otherwise he's a lovely bloke, works hard - just never impacts anything other than the opponents Achilles.

Lamela wouldn't get in the first team ahead of Dele, Eriksen, Lucas or Sonny. If I'm going to be perfectly honest the only times he's ever really looked like a player worth the money we paid for him has been in Europa League games. I like him but he's very close to the top of my list of players we should move on if a player becomes available of interest to us and we need sufficient squad space.

He seems content to be a squad player and when he is fit he works hard so I'm happy to keep him but only because he seems content to add depth. He's been at the club for 6 years and let's be honest he hasn't been the game changer during that time we all hoped he'd become. 6 seasons as a Tottenham player for me he really is on borrowed time.
Reluctantly agree with this, as I had such high hopes when he joined. Still hoping that he can be that player, but with his track record with injuries, unlikely to happen now. Such a shame.

The truth is he adds next to nothing.

I really don't get the love-in Lamela receives.

Talent of sorts he possesses but he has not justified the outlay pure and simple.

We can talk all day long about a few of our players but at least the majority of them add something.

I asked what big game of importance Lamela had ever changed in our favour in his time with us. Nobody came up with anything.

Pochettino to blame because it's his call.

Last edited:
I was expecting so much from this guy, but its almost all left foot (easy to stop/slow down) for me just one more of those players we got that didn't live up to the mark

Reluctantly agree with this, as I had such high hopes when he joined. Still hoping that he can be that player, but with his track record with injuries, unlikely to happen now. Such a shame.

We should all do ourselves a favour and stop hoping when it comes to Lamela.

Chances of him staying injury free are so low that any rational individual who understands statistics would not waste their time. It’s not going to happen folks, wake up and smell the coffee.

I don’t dislike him or anything, he does give it his best every time he plays but that’s about 5 times a season.

Let’s put ourselves out of our misery and come to terms with the truth, I don’t ever want to be in that situation at the beginning of our last season where I started thinking, rather irrationally, that he’s turned a corner and he was going to start contributing meaningfully. Done that so many times only to be let down time and time again.

We should all do ourselves a favour and stop hoping when it comes to Lamela.

Chances of him staying injury free are so low that any rational individual who understands statistics would not waste their time. It’s not going to happen folks, wake up and smell the coffee.

I don’t dislike him or anything, he does give it his best every time he plays but that’s about 5 times a season.

Let’s put ourselves out of our misery and come to terms with the truth, I don’t ever want to be in that situation at the beginning of our last season where I started thinking, rather irrationally, that he’s turned a corner and he was going to start contributing meaningfully. Done that so many times only to be let down time and time again.
You're probably right, but still can't help liking the guy.

Back
Top Bottom