Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good post. I think the "So, Spurs fans it has been a pleasure to play at your club" was the bit that left a bad taste for me. Almost like he has NO affiliation for the club, it was only a (large) wage packet. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know that is the case for a lot of players but at least pretend you actually liked the club and liked the fans a little bit.
He is right in a way, the only people really invested in a club emotionally are the fans. I agree it sounds wrong though.

Good post. I think the "So, Spurs fans it has been a pleasure to play at your club" was the bit that left a bad taste for me. Almost like he has NO affiliation for the club, it was only a (large) wage packet. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know that is the case for a lot of players but at least pretend you actually liked the club and liked the fans a little bit.
I always said he’s a dead fish. It’s upsetting but it isn’t surprising to me in the slightest, just who he is.

I’m more upset about the last 12 months of football. He hasn’t deserved to be on the pitch for the most part and that destroys any fond memories or “legacy” for me.

Maybe that’s what’s missing? Maybe if he actually felt for the club he would have turned in a proper performance in the CL final?

Just plain weird and faintly ridiculous...

What a load of soppy shit. I think that they will ultimately be disappointed with their new messiah.
Quite an apt video in a way though although the music should be the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy and he should be wearing tights as some of his recent performances were more representative of the ballet than a football pitch.

Last edited:

I agree- such a strange thing to say. I think that was a deliberate attempt by him to belittle us as fans for getting at him a bit towards the end of his time with us

This desperation to paint Eriksen in a good light as if he’s done us a favour by leaving in January 😂

Ramsey wasn’t offered what he felt he was worth, gave it his all until the end and received the recognition for that. Eriksen on the other hand came out in the media proclaiming his desire for Madridor Barcelona, put in pathetic performances for a year, had rejected numerous contract offers claiming it’s not about the money then moves to Inter fucking Milan.

Ramsey is at the club which has won almost everything in Italy for the past decade, the club which signs Cristiano Ronaldo. Eriksen is at the club which signs Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young. If that doesn’t say it all about Eriksen’s ‘dream’ move abroad then I don’t know what does.

Hey Borks we had better stop knocking Eriksen as we clearly both have it wrong about him. I have just seen that Transfermarkt rate him as Serie A’s most valuable player at £81 million!!! Are these people for real?

Hey Borks we had better stop knocking Eriksen as we clearly both have it wrong about him. I have just seen that Transfermarkt rate him as Serie A’s most valuable player at £81 million!!! Are these people for real?

Number of teams willing to pay £17m for him - one.

“let’s put his value as £81m”

No, you're the cunt.

I bet you're a bit of a cuckold at heart, like being treated like shit by a half-way decent blonde. That's what Eriksen has done to us, shit on us from a great height and act as if we should be grateful in the process.

Support SPURS or fuck off.

So you’ve been shit on by a half way decent blonde 👱‍♀️?
Do tell
I won’t repeat a word!

Because for most of the time we've been in the CL they have been in the no-hoper league. And when we met them in the CL, we knocked them out. (at group stage)

They absolutely have a rich history and are bigger in their league than we are in ours.
We've just been better than them for a good few years now.
I get that but you could also say the same about Man United.
But a player going from Spurs to United is most definitely not a step down!

I get that but you could also say the same about Man United.
But a player going from Spurs to United is most definitely not a step down!

Is it not?
Since Fergie left they've been in a slow, steady and pleasant decline. As long as they keep throwing obscene amounts of money and untested players and employing clusterfuck managers it'll continue.

Their fans are a bunch of plastics, attendendances are already dropping off as they start to support City or Liverpool.

Apparently, Eriksen was closer to Madrid than was let on.

I think that Eriksen was annoyed with Levy tbh, maybe that affected his performance.

Dotn see it, basica story is, Madrid where intertesed then appointed Zidane who didn't want him, Levy gets the blame for everything, bastard probably started the coronavirus.

How anyone can compare Ramsey's exit to Eriksen's is totally beyond me, one player clearly wanted to stay the other clearly wanted to go.

Is it not?
Since Fergie left they've been in a slow, steady and pleasant decline. As long as they keep throwing obscene amounts of money and untested players and employing clusterfuck managers it'll continue.

Their fans are a bunch of plastics, attendendances are already dropping off as they start to support City or Liverpool.

They are easily the 3rd biggest club in the world financially, commercially and as a fan base. In the 6-7 years since Fergie they still have silverwear. They are an absolute behemoth of a club, no they wont be forever but they will improve with the right manager.

They are easily the 3rd biggest club in the world financially, commercially and as a fan base. In the 6-7 years since Fergie they still have silverwear. They are an absolute behemoth of a club, no they wont be forever but they will improve with the right manager.
I don't dispute they're financially huge and (currently) well supported.

But on the pitch, they're miles, lightyears behind Barcelona, Madrid, City, Liverpool, Bayern, PSG and they're falling further behind each and every year.

I don't dispute they're financially huge and (currently) well supported.

But on the pitch, they're miles, lightyears behind Barcelona, Madrid, City, Liverpool, Bayern, PSG and they're falling further behind each and every year.

But they are still a pull, they are being sucked dry by the Glaziers but they will improve and like I said have won a decent haul of tropies over the last 5-6 years.

Number of teams willing to pay £17m for him - one.

“let’s put his value as £81m”
The fact that one og the biggest clubs in Europe pay 17m to sign a player with 5 months left of his contract speaks volumes. Compared to inter Milan THFC is a minor club. Levy sabotaged CEs move to Real Madrid. What an ashole...

Back
Top Bottom