January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had some damn good games....

He's only had 24 senior appearances since 2015.

I thought he looked fine.
Much better than Aurier ever did, to me at least.

I'd much rather see a real intelligent footballer on the pitch than a gym rat. In the end we'll look back on this and realize it was a stupid move.

There's something odd about Mariano Diaz though, he's 26, so not a kid by any stretch, yet he's only played 13 league games since he returned to Madrid in September 2018 and none this season (just 2 cup games). He couldn't even make the bench for a nothing cup game last night

There's something odd about Mariano Diaz though, he's 26, so not a kid by any stretch, yet he's only played 13 league games since he returned to Madrid in September 2018 and none this season (just 2 cup games). He couldn't even make the bench for a nothing cup game last night
Yup. I think the only reason he was bought back from Lyon to begin with was Lopetegui had him in the youth ranks and figured he'd be a decent hand to have around. And we all know how Lopeteguis reign at Real went.

Does he have a shit attitude?

know nothing about his attitude, but I don’t think he suits the league. Needs to be the teams focal point from what I have seen of his success (this past youth tourney where he was the team lead and his time at Betis). I just don’t think he can control the PL type of games.

It's so effing stupid this kid never got a run in the team. 3 assist game in the prem last year and gets benched indefinitely. Fucking waste of our talented youth.
I thought his demise was mostly due to non playing reasons ? Can’t recall what the rumour was....

Anyway, he’s not bad but needs to play and he won’t do that at Spurs so bye.

We have sold a lot of youth fallbacks over the years, most have been “alright” this guy will be that too. But that’s it.

It's so effing stupid this kid never got a run in the team. 3 assist game in the prem last year and gets benched indefinitely. Fucking waste of our talented youth.

I think with Walker-Peters there is clearly something amiss but I thought he always looked decent.

It would not be beyond the bounds that he does well at Palace

Good luck to the bloke if he leaves, which for the sake of his career he needs.

We in the meantime continue to pretend to be a big club with our zero sum striker mode.

More teasing...

Translated for all:

Władysław Piątek: Krzysiek does not want to be a reserve
- Krzysiek has already mentally set out to leave Milan. He doesn't agree with the role of a reserve - Władysław Piątek, Krzysztof's father tells us.

The Polish representative did not play in the last two league matches and it does not look like his position in Milan has changed. - After the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, it was decided in advance that Krzysiek would be a substitute. He would have to suddenly explode with form to return to the composition - says Władysław Piątek.

Exactly a year ago, on the same day of January, the CEO of Milan could not sit still during the presentation of the Polish attacker. - He is a player who fits in with the profile of the players we are looking for: young, talented and ambitious. It is a symbol of the reconstruction of Milan - said Ivan Gazidis after the club spent EUR 35 million on Five and signed a 3.5-year contract with him.

After twelve months, the club's presidents want to sell the Pole. - At first everything was fine, but the team stopped playing after the release of coach Gennaro Gattuso. It is difficult to say what plan they have for Milan there, apparently there will be major staff changes. Leading players like Krzysiek, Suso, Paqueta and Calhanoglu were on the transfer list. The club wants money for them for new players. A lot of clubs ask about Krzysiek, there are rental offers, but Milan is not interested because he wants to sell his son for similar money. I think everyone is waiting for next week, then Krzysiek's future will be decided - says Piątek senior.

He made a decision. According to Władysław Piątek, the most likely transfer of his son to the English league. - Chris was to define himself, what he wants, what his plans are. He certainly does not agree with the role of a substitute, he wants to play to be in shape for Euro, so he must perform regularly. If he can't count on it in Milan, he willingly changed the club. I think he is most interested in the English league. It seems to me that Krzysiek is already mentally focused on leaving. Of course, if nobody puts out the money, it may turn out that Krzysiek will not go anywhere, but for Englishmen 30 million is not much - comments our interlocutor.

The player's father does not know how to comment on the behavior of representatives of Milan. It's a story from a great love to indifference or even aversion. When a former Cracovia player scored goals, he was worn in his arms. The moment he stopped, he became the main problem, a scapegoat of the club's crisis.

Władysław Piątek assures, however, that the son does not give up. - He didn't play now, but he did extra training. He is eager for work, he slams, but he is a man, not a machine. Even if he ran badly or jumped badly, one could say he was disappointing. It is a pity that there are no passes in matches. Krzysiek's problem is that he has nothing to score from - he looks for the reasons for the failure.

But he doesn't try to comfort the attacker. - He knows what to do. He tells me: "Father, not everything goes downhill, sometimes you have to go downhill". He is calm, understands the situation. Many snipers are also in crisis. Fabio Quagliarella was the top scorer last season, including only a few goals, like his son - he explains. - Krzysiek is mentally strong, his wife also supports him. He is an orderly boy, he trains and waits for better days - says the player's father.

Piatek, the senior remembers well the day the son moved to Milan. "I knew they would buy it quickly from Genoa, but I expected him to play there for a year." His entry to Milan even impressed me, I approach many situations in my life rather coldly. I did not expect him to be so bad that he would come out of his hoof. Two goals from Napoli, two with Atalanta, goal with Roma. We see - as it goes, it all goes into the gate - he recalls.

In the national team Piatek was at some point more effective than Robert Lewandowski. - He played half less, had more goals and scored the most important: with Austria, Northern Macedonia. Although I laughed at his coup because it was not known who touched the ball. It is important, however, that we came up and we won. We'll see how it will be now, the son must play in the club, because in the national team it will be difficult for him to get to the composition - he says.

They are in touch all the time, my father always mobilized Krzysiek for hard work, he did not let him fly away. - After each match I tell him: "This is over, think about the next one. Train, watch the best, model yourself on them." He is still young and will learn a lot. I know he is watching Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez. He can also learn a lot from Zlatan - he comments.

Piatek senior sees changes in son's behavior. - He got a little tired, thinks more seriously. He stabilized, got married and has plans for the future. It comes to life differently. He has gained confidence, is playing in a strong league, he becomes a smarter man - he says.

Zadyszka will be back. He also has his thoughts on the situation at the club. Milan have won the last two matches in the league, in which Piatek was a substitute. - It seems to me that after this first euphoria, after the arrival of Ibrahimovic, there will come a moment of return to reality. Especially since Milan is facing the tycoons: Juventus, Lazio, Inter or Napoli - ends Władysław Piątek.

After twenty matches, Milan is in eighth place in the league. This season Piatek scored four goals in Serie A, in the previous one he had eleven of them after half a year of playing in the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom