January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 goals this season, 11 last season 2017/18 was the best of his career with 20

Arguably his best days are behind him, 28 moving to a new country where he needs to be scoring straight away, a short term fix for a long term problem.
He's scored 8 this season (in 20 games). Last season was poor but he had a series of (minor) injuries at the start of it, plus Real Sociedad were piss poor most of the season, changed managers midway through. No one did particularly well, though he was still second highest scorer behind Mikel Oyarzabal who scored 13.

Not sure why you'd think "his best days are behind him", presumably that opinion is based solely on his Wikipedia page in English. His goals per game average for La Real is a respectable 0.43, Ziatek's over the same period is 4

Turkish newspaper Aksam today claim Tottenham Hotspur will make another attempt to sign Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi.

The Kosovan striker continued his excellent form last weekend as he scored during his side’s 2-0 win against Gaziantep FK.

According to Aksam, Spurs will look to test Fenerbahce’s resolve, with claims they are looking to offer more than £20m. Their first bid was rejected by Fenerbahce.

The Turkish club haven’t been able to register their only signing Simon Falette due to ongoing issues with the Turkish football federation over their finances, meaning they may need to sell Muriqi in order to bring new players.

He's scored 8 this season (in 20 games). Last season was poor but he had a series of (minor) injuries at the start of it, plus Real Sociedad were piss poor most of the season, changed managers midway through. No one did particularly well, though he was still second highest scorer behind Mikel Oyarzabal who scored 13.

Not sure why you'd think "his best days are behind him", presumably that opinion is based solely on his Wikipedia page in English. His goals per game average for La Real is a respectable 0.43, Ziatek's over the same period is 4
Playing for Real and playing for us are two different things though.
Do you think he'll be a good signing for us then?

The Brazilian is on loan at Bayern Munich, and according to Bild, the Bundesliga giants have no intention of signing him permamently.

When Coutinho made the switch to Germany at the start of the season a buy-out clause was inserted in the deal.

Bayern Munich have no plans to trigger this, meaning Coutinho - who clearly hasn't impressed in Germany - is back at square one when he returns to Barcelona at the end of the season.

The Catalan giants do have a new boss, and he may wish to take another look at the Brazilian.

But if he doesn't, then Coutinho's agent Kia Joorabchian is facing a stressful summer in which he'll have to find his client a new club.

I don't see any reason why we should be in for him. We should sign Lo Celso permanently and he provides the needed creativity. Coutinho wouldn't want to be a back up at any club, no matter how much his stock has fallen. And of course, we need a DM, and Coutinho isn't one.

I don't know anything about Duda. I was just surprised him and Rupp were already starting games, cos none of them were getting minutes at Hertha or Hoffenheim.

Stuart Webber should be the man signing Emi Buendia. There's some mention of it in this vid:

RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK

Stuart Webber was on a 5-live podcast not so long ago - it was a very good listen. I think I recommended it on here somewhere? Thing is, I think he might have said too much because I have a feeling the pod got removed from availability on the 5-live feed ? Might be able to find it somewhere though?

An opinion based on never having seen him play
Yeah what's wrong with that? I'm not saying it's gospel, we're here shooting the shit, so I commit to an opinion. If I'm wrong that's great, there is no down side because the player would have been successful and that's what we all want.

Brazilian forward has €70m (£59m) release clause in contract

2016 signed for his highest ever transfer fee: £5.4m

8 goals in 22 appearances, aged 28

Fuck me, can't belive that lol! £60m!!!!!!!!!!!!
Release clauses were always meant to be higher than the players value, they are needed by Spanish law and outside the exceptional its only recently when clubs routinely meet them (normally the English or Oil states) .

In short he isn't worth £60M but they may hold out for it if they don't want to sell, its a ceiling not a floor to his value.

You're trying to leave yourself an out, he 'ain't bad' but he's not good either.

No... I'm being HONEST.

...What's the point in me saying if he's good or bad if I've never seen him play, you muppet?

"Not bad"... "Decent" ... What-the-fuck-ever.

I least I'm prepared to commit to an opinion.

Nah, you're spewing un-informed, skewed miserable bollocks.

A goal every 2.2 games... What the fuck would be good enough an average for you not to ignorantly nay-say the prospect of us signing him?

Story from Roberto Romajo. Anyone know if this dude is reliable?

perhaps Bill Madrid Bill Madrid ?
I hadn't heard of him but it seems he's a journo based in San Sebastián, does stuff for As and Cadena Ser radio, the top sports radio channel here (with COPE), so he's no fool

He's just tweeted this by the way...

Translated:
Goodbye Willian José? Yes, he's off. An agreement is close. The deal will be around €30 million, €21 million for Real Sociedad

He didn't want him at all, Poch has always favored technicians over donkeys.

It is the reason why it took him nearly 3 years to find a role for him in the team.

Technicians? Like putting Dier in midfield ? Or playing Ricky Lambert every week at Southampton?

He wanted Sissoko. He definitely signed off on Sissoko. He just didn’t realise what a donkey he really was until he got him in the training ground. And he still played over 1000 minutes in that first season, over 2000 second season.

There is no striker in the world that we can guarantee would come in and hit the ground running straight away. Added to the fact that January is a very tough time to try and sign quality, I think we have to be realistic in what kind of striker we can hope to get.

18 million on a striker that that has a 1in2 ratio, knows one of our players (lucas), is at the peak age of 28, and also holds the physical attributes to deal with the premier league?

That sounds like an absolute bargain to me mate. We only need the guy to fill in for when kane is sitting games out.

Agree, that it sounds like a bargain. Disagree that we only need the guy to fill in when Kane is sitting out.

We need someone who offers a viable alternative, so that we don't play Kane 100% of the time. Of course, we won't be getting a striker who is equal to Kane, but we need someone, who can take some of the burden off Kane.

I don't see any reason why we should be in for him. We should sign Lo Celso permanently and he provides the needed creativity. Coutinho wouldn't want to be a back up at any club, no matter how much his stock has fallen. And of course, we need a DM, and Coutinho isn't one.
Just to stop the little fecker playing against us. He scores for fun when he plays us.

Release clauses were always meant to be higher than the players value, they are needed by Spanish law and outside the exceptional its only recently when clubs routinely meet them (normally the English or Oil states) .

In short he isn't worth £60M but they may hold out for it if they don't want to sell, its a ceiling not a floor to his value.
Indeed. But there is higher and then there's fuck me higher lol! £60m is an outrageous amount for this lad but, it's in the best interest of the selling club blar blar blar. It's still ridiculous lol!

No... I'm being HONEST.

...What's the point in me saying if he's good or bad if I've never seen him play, you muppet?

"Not bad"... "Decent" ... What-the fuck ever.

A goal every 2.2 games... What the fuck would be good enough an average for you not to ignorantly nay-say the prospect of us signing him?
Well you already said he 'ain't bad', so what was the point of saying that if you've never seen him play?

As opposed to your wishwashy 'aint bad' but I'm not saying he's good bollocks.

I never said it was informed, I'm not pretending that it is, I'd like to see us go for someone younger that has better value.

Yeah what's wrong with that? I'm not saying it's gospel, we're here shooting the shit, so I commit to an opinion. If I'm wrong that's great, there is no down side because the player would have been successful and that's what we all want.

"It's all shit... Prove me wrong"

What a life.

......Until of course it's pandering to pampered million man-children like Rose & Eriksen, then it's all benefit of the doubt, never ending forgiveness and virtuous 'must think positive' vibes.

Levy's a cunt who will refuse to represent the clubs best interests at each and every turn; JM's the wrong guy and should be underlined as such at every turn, but those lads that are happy to openly undermine the club in the media, they're all good.

Gotcha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom