Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I resent it when a player who recently the captained the side comes out with a fucking stupid and thoughtless comment like that.

And yes, it did make me want to do to Davies what Mackay did to Bremner.

I think you're reading too much into it mate. Just sounds like he is wishing well for Poch.

I think it's just a poorly chosen turn of phrase. Nothing in it.
Well chances are that if Pochettino’s reputation as an up and coming manager is to be enhanced it’s got to be with a bigger club than us Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Juventus even United they are all bigger than us that’s how it is.

I can only imagine what you'd want to do to the club captain if he ever got done for drink driving, said he wanted to leave the club and couldn't jump properly.

Drink driving - let the police and the courts deal with that

Wanting to leave - if he's a good player, I would be disappointed but would only really, really resent him for it if he went to Woolwich

Couldn't jump properly - then it wouldn't bother me at all if he wanted to leave.

But when a player is giving an interview, I would expect him to engage his brain before opening his mouth and avoid making comments that belittle his club.

Well chances are that if Pochettino’s reputation as an up and coming manager is to be enhanced it’s got to be with a bigger club than us Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Juventus even United they are all bigger than us that’s how it is.

That's not the point.

Davies shouldn't have said it.

Drink driving - let the police and the courts deal with that

Wanting to leave - if he's a good player, I would be disappointed but would only really, really resent him for it if he went to Woolwich

Couldn't jump properly - then it wouldn't bother me at all if he wanted to leave.

But when a player is giving an interview, I would expect him to engage his brain before opening his mouth and avoid making comments that belittle his club.

State of your double standards..... :avbfacepalm:

It was just a platitude for a guy he presumably had a good relationship with.... Have a word with yourself... Then get over it.

Last edited:
You only need to hear Dele's interview on the radio earlier today that these players appreciated Poch as a human being as well as a manager. That they're very grateful because of the time he invested to develop them.

It's not often a manager gets the boot and his players pay tribute but that's the relationship Poch had. Davies's comment is not malicious and for the matter neither is Danny Rose when he brings up the stick he got from fans before Poch arrived.

You only need to hear Dele's interview on the radio earlier today that these players appreciated Poch as a human being as well as a manager. That they're very grateful because of the time he invested to develop them.

It's not often a manager gets the boot and his players pay tribute but that's the relationship Poch had. Davies's comment is not malicious and for the matter neither is Danny Rose when he brings up the stick he got from fans before Poch arrived.

State of your double standards..... :avbfacepalm:

It was just a platitude for a guy he presumably had a good relationship with.... Have a word with yourself... Then get over it.

I've made the distinction between the point being made to me in the previous post and the comment Davies made.

It's a totally different situation so double standards doesn't come into it.

I've made the distinction between the point being made to me in the previous post and the comment Davies made.

It's a totally different situation so double standards doesn't come into it.

Your reasoning is 'gymnastic' and lame; hense the accusation of double standard was made.

Seriously.... It's nothing; let it go.

Your reasoning is 'gymnastic' and lame; hense the accusation of double standard was made.

Seriously.... It's nothing; let it go.

My reasoning is that he shouldn't have said it. I don't think that's gymnastic or lame unless, of course, you think it was the correct thing for him to say.

And I still don't see where double standards come into this.

I'm still discussing this because people on this forum are replying to me.

People reply to me, I reply to them etc. It's a forum.

My reasoning is that he shouldn't have said it. I don't think that's gymnastic or lame unless, of course, you think it was the correct thing for him to say.

The reasoning behind the "distinctions" you listed is "Gymnastic & lame" (see prev post!)....

I'm aware you're frothing over this, but do try and keep up.

And I still don't see where double standards come into this.

The reasoning behind the "distinctions" you listed is 'Gymnastic & lame' (see prev post!).... Evidently you're frothing over this, but do try and keep up.

Similarly, I didn't say it was the right thing to say; just that you're making a stupid fuss over a bit of friendly platitude.... You're bending over backwards to excuse Lloris for a number of way more tangible things; hence "double standards".

I hope you understand and can calm the fuck down now.

The reasoning behind the "distinctions" you listed is "Gymnastic & lame" (see prev post!)....

I'm aware you're frothing over this, but do try and keep up.

The reasoning behind the "distinctions" you listed is 'Gymnastic & lame' (see prev post!).... Evidently you're frothing over this, but do try and keep up.

Similarly, I didn't say it was the right thing to say; just that you're making a stupid fuss over a bit of friendly platitude.... You're bending over backwards to excuse Lloris for a number of way more tangible things; hence "double standards".

I hope you understand and can calm the fuck down now.

When did I bend over backwards to excuse Lloris?

I said the police and courts should deal with it, how is that excusing him?

Sorry but its your reasoning that's lame.

When did I bend over backwards to excuse Lloris?

I said the police and courts should deal with it, how is that excusing him?

Sorry but its your reasoning that's lame.

You're not this dumb disingenuous surely?

Your FULL comments on the matter:

"Drink driving - let the police and the courts deal with that

Couldn't jump properly - then it wouldn't bother me at all if he wanted to leave."

Back
Top Bottom